Having a late honeymoon??

JLTYR

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone! I'm new to the boards...I've been lurking about, but I've got a question now.

My dh and I got married last December. We were planning on having a honeymoon, but two days before out wedding we flipped and totaled our car. My dh was in the hospital until the night before the wedding. We were both on a lot of medication so we couldn't go on our honeymoon.

Here's my question: I know we got married over 6 months ago, but we're planning a trip to Disney in September as kind of a honeymoon/vacation. Would it be inappropriate for us to wear the bridal mouse ears during our trip since our wedding was back in December?

Like I said in the other post about this, you will get a lot of people asking you when you got married. And it is kind of weird to answer, "9 months ago..." when they ask you. I would put some kind of anniversary patch on the ears, or maybe paint something on them like "Belated honeymooners" so that no one gets upset or thinks you are just wearing them for the attention or freebies. Not that there's really any other reason to wear the wedding ears...
But since you will get a lot of questions, better to have something on there, that lets people know the ears aren't false advertisement; you're having an anniversary, and aren't just married.
Cheers!
Heather

and we did not wear the wedding ears, but I created a t-shirt design which identified us as honeymooners. It stated: It took me 10 years to finally get a honeymoon in WDW!!! Dh wore his several times and we received fabulous comments and gifts from all over the parks and resorts. It was a magical time for us and I am glad I did not wear the hats to take away from those just married.

Try a shirt like us... Glad to hear you are well and able to go on a honeymoon. Better late than never!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter