having a scooter delivered to Disney resort

Tink3815

DIS Veteran
Is scooter Bug the only company that will deliver and pick up the EVC to a Disney associate and you can just go to bell hop to pick up from them. How do you charge the EVC id you do not get the USB port one? Do you need to pay extra if you plan on taking to Disney Springs or the Parks?

Any other helpful hints would be great

Thank You

Is scooter Bug the only company that will deliver and pick up the EVC to a Disney associate and you can just go to bell hop to pick up from them.
Yes, for all other ECV vendors you need to make an appointment for them to bring the ECV to your resort, and you have to meet them when they arrive so you can pick up your ECV.

How do you charge the EVC id you do not get the USB port one?
All ECV's come with a charger that you plug into a regular wall socket and then connect it to the ECV to recharge it. The USB port is for you to plug in a device like a phone and charge it from the ECV's battery.

Do you need to pay extra if you plan on taking to Disney Springs or the Parks?
Once you have an ECV, you can take it anywhere on (or off) property and there's no extra charge.

Last edited:
Thank you, we are planning on Colardo Springs in a regular room. Will it fit inside the room and should I ask for a first floor room to make it easier to navigate.

Thank you, we are planning on Colardo Springs in a regular room. Will it fit inside the room and should I ask for a first floor room to make it easier to navigate.

first floor would easier esp if no elevators to second floor. remember to charge each night

I agree with Betty - first floor is easiest, although there are elevators in all buildings at Coronado Springs.

The Gran Destino Tower has multiple elevators; the non-tower buildings have just one elevator per building. The only apparent tricky bit is the following (from a post on another thread):
All buildings have elevator access. The only tricky place is the fourth floor of casitas 2. You either have to take the casitas 3 elevator to the fourth floor and walk around, or take the elevator located between casitas 1 and 2 to the third floor and walk up a flight of stairs.

Casitas 2 is a preferred building, incidentally. :confused:

Adding - your ECV should fit in the room, which is the best option for proximity to an outlet for charging and protection from rain (since all non-tower rooms have exterior hallways).

Bell services at Swan, Dolphin and Reserve will accept scooter deliveries from all vendors

When you plug it in to charge, make sure you see charging lights active.

More than once, we got the plug in the slot on the scooter , but not a firm contact. So had it “plugged “ in for hours but no charging occured.

When you plug it in to charge, make sure you see charging lights active.

More than once, we got the plug in the slot on the scooter , but not a firm contact. So had it “plugged “ in for hours but no charging occured.
also make sure the plug still works when lights are turned off. once plugged into wall but when we turned the light off with switch the plug also turned off

I love Gold Mobility’s scooters. It’s worth it to me to meet them to exchange the scooter each way.
Absolutely agree. I fly and do the bus from MCO to the resort… many possibilities for delay along the way. I’m always texting with Gold to update delivery… they can pivot on a dime. More than once they were pulling in at the same time as the bus!

Over the years, I’ve tried pretty much all the vendors. Gold is far and away the most accommodating with superior equipment.

I only had a scooter delivered to the resort one time, back in the days I first needed an ECV (and when many ECV companies could deliver to Bell Services). Turns out that someone else had taken the key, and bell services had to find a key "that would work". Made an additional 20-30 minute wait. That was when I decided to go back to meeting the person delivering my scooter. Now I get the scooter adjusted to fit, plus I get the correct key!

It's really helpful to meet and talk to the vendor. Gold's delivered and picked up on time. They also were great with answering questions. We'll rent from them again.

Does anyone know what is a reasonable price for the basic Golds one? I just got a quote of $229 for 8 days. I don’t know if this is normal. It’s been years since I rented one from a vendor and it was in an emergency so I just paid whatever they to.d me. It was scooter bug at the time and they have kind of old not so nice chairs. Gold gets the best reviews so I picked them. Praying I get a room I can get into with it!

Does anyone know what is a reasonable price for the basic Golds one? I just got a quote of $229 for 8 days. I don’t know if this is normal. It’s been years since I rented one from a vendor and it was in an emergency so I just paid whatever they to.d me. It was scooter bug at the time and they have kind of old not so nice chairs. Gold gets the best reviews so I picked them. Praying I get a room I can get into with it!
can not say about price as has been years for me also but I expect resort will work with you on the room. have a great trip

I’ve rented happily from Gold for years. They are unequaled for service and equipment reliability. $230, which includes insurance coverage, is absolutely normal for an 8 day rental.

Could you find one for less? For an 8 day rental, I doubt it… wouldn’t be more than a couple bucks less… not worth my peace of mind.

Gold's is, excuse the pun, the gold standard of scooter rentals. $230 is $28.75 per day and it includes insurance and taxes. It's $65 per day plus taxes to rent an ECV in the parks and you can't take it out of the park.

The Victory10 ECV includes a lot of little extras like a cup holder that will hold a refillable Disney mug, a phone holder, and a fan that plugs into a USB port which can also be used to charge your phone in the parks. I cannot tell you how many times I have had people on other scooters come up to me to ask about my ride. BTW, get a 3-wheel one if you can because it has a great turning radius.

I’ve rented happily from Gold for years. They are unequaled for service and equipment reliability. $230, which includes insurance coverage, is absolutely normal for an 8 day rental.

Could you find one for less? For an 8 day rental, I doubt it… wouldn’t be more than a couple bucks less… not worth my peace of mind.
I booked it and am just going to pray the resort puts me in a room I can access

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter