• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Having dreams of family members, friends after they die

My grandfather died 8 years ago. We didn't have a close relationship, nothing bad, but we just didn't relate with each other. About a month ago I had a dream he was sitting at the counter at his house. He asked me to make him a smoothie with coconut milk. This was incredibly strange. My grandfather was a heavy machinery operator and rugged outdoorsman type. It is unlikely he ever had smoothie or much less coconut milk in his lifetime!

On Christmas I told my grandmother about the dream. A few minutes later my mom asks me if I want to take some of the canned goods from their pantry as they were leaving for Florida in a few days. She goes in the pantry turns around and asks me if I want the coconut milk. Yeah, it's totally a coincidence, but kind of neat.
Something you could reference, pretty neat!

week ago I had a dream about both my parents (they have passed) I was a little kid, and they were young, nothing really happen in the dream but it seemed real, very weird

The people close to me always come to me in dreams after they die, starting from my grandfather in 1994.

Most notably, my aunt, and Godmother whom I was very close to, and who died suddenly at age 42, still comes to me every so often. A couple weeka after she died, she came to me specifically to tell me she was ok.

My dad's wife died 6 weeka after finding out she had cancer in 2013. A few days after she died, she came to me to say goodbye.

My grandmother, whom I was close to as well, actually came to me about 7 weeks BEFORE she died, in 2014. It was mid June, and she was getting worse by the day. She had virtually stopped communicating in any meaningful way and was under hospice care. It was a matter of days, but she lasted until mid august. But that night in June, she came in a dream and said goodbye and she loved me. I immediately called my mother to get an update and she confirmed my grandma had taken a turn for the worse that night but was still fighting.

After she died, there were many signs at her funeral that she was there with us. It was a still, calm quiet day in august, and the second the cemetery workers started to lower her into the ground, this ridiculous cold strong gust of wind howled through the tent we were all in, for like a whole minute. It shook the tent, stirred up leaves and small sticks, and blew through us. We all stopped and stared at each other until.it died down, then we all burst out laughing. We all felt her there with us.

A week later she came to me in another dream and said goodbye.

A few weeks after my mother passed, she came to me in a dream.

She came in and just said, "Hello Mary." I was SO happy to see her, relieved really, just to have her back. I screamed, "MOM," and became very emotional.

Suddenly, she was gone, and I woke up, crying. I cried and cried.
I knew instantly, due to my reaction, that my mother would think to herself... 'if it's going to upset her that much, I'm not going to visit her again.'
And she hasn't.

That was 5 years ago.
Oh, how I wish she would come to me again.
Maybe she will tonight.

A few weeks after my mother passed, she came to me in a dream.

She came in and just said, "Hello Mary." I was SO happy to see her, relieved really, just to have her back. I screamed, "MOM," and became very emotional.

Suddenly, she was gone, and I woke up, crying. I cried and cried.
I knew instantly, due to my reaction, that my mother would think to herself... 'if it's going to upset her that much, I'm not going to visit her again.'
And she hasn't.

That was 5 years ago.
Oh, how I wish she would come to me again.
Maybe she will tonight.

Hugs to you. I hope she comes to you in your dreams again. Perhaps she is around you. I feel my df around, my mom, not really.

One of my closest cousins was murdered about 10 years ago. I dream of him often, but he is always out of reach, I cannot touch him or speak with him. I know he is with me and just checking in.

My older brother committed suicide almost 3 years ago. We were estranged and did not have a good relationship. He was a toxic person that I chose to cut out of my life. He was a miserable and unhappy person that used people and valued things. I have dreamt of him twice, I think he is at peace now.

This year marks 50 years since my dad passed away. He still makes appearances in my dreams.
The dreams that most amuse me are ones that incorporate people from different times of my life.......that are suddenly in the same place at the same time. People who never met.
Same with pets. My dog who died 33 years ago playing with my cat who we lost 3 years ago.

I have had a few dreams of my father since he passed. The one that was most real and most memorable was one that took place in my old house, in my old room. There was an intense fire in the house, and the whole family had to quickly jump out the windows to safety. My father and I helped shuffle everyone out. I was next, and I turned to my father to say, "Come on, let's go!", and he stepped back and said something like, "No, I'm staying". I was distraught and screaming for him to come with us, then I woke up, crying and out of breath. As I thought about it, it made a lot of sense. I think we sometimes need to look for the symbolism in our dreams, especially these type ones.

I had another dream that still blows me away a bit. I was in twilight sleep and I heard my BIL calling my name over and over. In a weird way, it "woke me up", even though I was half asleep, if that makes sense. All I could "see" was black, though, no images at all; like a blackened TV screen. I remember thinking wow, I'd almost forgotten what his voice sounded like, but there it is, exactly as I remember it. Anyway, I kept saying, "Where are you?" and he kept saying, "I'm right here!", but I kept saying, "Where??", because all I couldn't "see" anything. I finally realized I was wasting precious time on that exchange, so I moved on, and asked, "What's it like over there?", and he said ,"It's just like there!". He and I shared a love of dogs and some of our dogs grew up together, so I next asked, "Are the dogs with you?". Without hesitation, he replied, "Yes!". Then it ended and I woke up sort of startled and remembering the "dream" in its entirety, as I do to this day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter