Having NO Luck making Reservations

Keep trying - hopefully you will find what you need. I had no issues getting our reservations for July 4 week of next year a few days ago, including park reservations for the stay (which I'm hoping we won't need by then!). Closures, Covid, system overhauls, changing anniversary plans (my assumption)... the list of complications at WDW right now is mind numbing.

Stick with it, and best of luck!

We got reservations through website for February 22 through 26. Didn't check for later in the year.

I was just looking at the system and noted that campsite only reservations were not available. I had to move to a package to be able to find availability. That doesn't seem to be the case across the board, but it did seem to pop up as an issue for me.

You are welcome, Ray.

At some point they will drop (or extend) the max booking/park reservation date of 9/26/21 and if they resume the usual 500 day window (or extend beyond 10/31/21), you need to be online or on the phone in the first few hours of when that booking becomes available that first day because October, particularly the weekends and Halloween, will go fast. As I said, Halloween is already inside of 500 days from today.

Last year they released next year rates earlier in June and changed the 500 day reservation rule from 500 days from check-out to 500 days from arrival/check-in. Disney didn't announce that change, the just implemented it. Once word got out the inventory got all reserved and folks who didn't note the change got left out or looking for cancellations.

Bama Ed

PS - 500 days out from today, June 28, 2020 gives a max arrival window of November 10, 2021.
Does middle of the week mid-October fill super-fast, too? Trying to plan a trip for my daughter's birthday and had marked my calendar to call 499 days ahead of time, but now they aren't booking October.

we snagged Sept 12-24th of 2021, hopefully things will be back to normal (somewhat) I will try to modify to November when the window opens up

For what it's worth our TA has a 50th Anniversary package we got into, we were told our deposit wouldn't be charged until the middle of September. No doubt they are trying to navigate these new waters and hold off until they figure things out better before the open up for the 50th and beyond.

Everything that was in place before COVID-19 is fair game to be tossed out the window and reset. Challenges of running any business right now are huge, but running something like a Disney park are even more challenging, I will cut them all the slack in the world.

Yup ... I think the 50th is the big reason October hasn't opened up yet. Not just for the actual 50th anniversary date, but there will be some sort of limited ongoing celebration for at least a few months.

probably around 18, like most of the other celebrations.

probably around 18, like most of the other celebrations.

I hope this is true. Current plans are for next July, and I'm expecting that things won't have started up yet due to Covid. We expect to be able to get back in 2022, so I'm hoping to hit some of the festivities then!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter