• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Having trouble with a Raise gift card

DisneySisters

Mouseketeer
Is anybody else having trouble using the a card purchased from Raise? I got the Disney Gift Card (Mickey in sunglasses) today and tried to enter it both on DCL site and on Disney Vacations. I get an error message on both, but when I check the gift card balance online, it says the money is there. The same thing happened a few weeks ago, and Raise refunded my money. Do you think they tried to slip me a Disney Store card? Many thanks for your help!

was that a Disney egift card? From the raise.com site, I see it says:

The Fine Print
Disney eGift cards can be redeemed online at DisneyStore.com.

I have not bought the Disney gift cards from raise, just the discounted Target gift cards, that I then use to but Disney gift cards from target.com, using my Target Red card as the default payment method to get an additional 5% off.

was that a Disney egift card? From the raise.com site, I see it says:

The Fine Print
Disney eGift cards can be redeemed online at DisneyStore.com.

I have not bought the Disney gift cards from raise, just the discounted Target gift cards, that I then use to but Disney gift cards from target.com, using my Target Red card as the default payment method to get an additional 5% off.

If that is the case maybe you can use it at a disney store to buy the other kind of gift card

I had trouble entering a Disney GC on the DCL website. For some reason it would not take it on the first screen. On the first screen that comes up when you select make payment, select Disney Gift Card (do not enter a number) click YES on the drop down that pops up. Then enter gift card on the next screen. Worked for me; hope it will work for you:)

The cards you buy on Raise are for the store. You cannot use store gift cards to buy park tickets or park gift cards. The upside to this is that you can use it to buy souvenirs from Disney Store and sneak them in your luggage to give the kids, if you have them, during your trip (No, you cannot use the gift card in the ships stores.)

:scared:I was going to purchase a target gift card on Raise, but when I read the details of on buying one it said that "Gift cards may not be used toward the purchase of other gift cards". Not sure if I should purchase one or not.

:scared:I was going to purchase a target gift card on Raise, but when I read the details of on buying one it said that "Gift cards may not be used toward the purchase of other gift cards". Not sure if I should purchase one or not.
Target will allow you to use their gift card to buy Disney cards as the are classified as "entertainment cards"

Yep, the Target cards are a funky situation where the Disney GCs aren't considered to be giftcards by Target.

So while you can't buy a Disney Giftcard with a Disney STORE gift certificate, you can buy a Disney "gift" card with a Target gift card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter