• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Having Troubles Deciding on Condo Resort.

Skyw

DIS Veteran
We usually stay at Fort Wilderness. This year it is not in the budget. I am having the worse time selecting a Condo Resort for less then 250$ (per night) with free cancellation or at least a small cancellation fee. I think the struggle is that I do not know what I really need or want. Well, that is not true. I want FW. :) . We do not planning to hit the parks this trip heavily. Mostly the un Disney stuff this time.

I am currently looking at
1) both the Sheraton's Villa's
2) Lake Buena Vista Resort village
3) Vista Cay.

I know there are many Bonnet Creek fans here, but I think that might be out of our budget when you total it all up.

I would love to hear everyone's thoughts!!!!

Last edited:
I've stayed at both Sheraton Vistana and vista Cay. I liked the rooms at Vista Cay better but the pools at Sheraton are better. Vista Cay is very close to Universal while Visatana is very close to a Disney.

Vista Cay is more residential feel while Sheraton is resort like.

Sheraton is really big while vista Cay is not (only has one pool).

Both are located by a lot of restaurants.

I agree with Robin. I think you're going to have to up your budget quite a bit if you want to stay at any of the places listed.

You should be able to get those resorts for a lot less than $250 per night. You should also be able to get Bonnet creek for less than $250 per night if you really wanted to stay there.

Since I am new to this... Where do you get the best prices? Btw, it us the week before Easter . I figure those prices will be higher.

I will be staying at bonnet creek very soon and I am paying less than 200.00 a night for a 3 bedroom . I booked through vacation strategy and have used them several times with no problems .

We stayed at Sheraton Vistana Resort and loved it. Had a friend who stayed at Bonnet Creek and we visited it and really liked it there too. We rented on ebay for Sheraton, $450 a week for a 2bd but it was during a slow time.

We usually stay at Fort Wilderness. This year it is not in the budget. I am having the worse time selecting a Condo Resort for less then 250$ (per night) with free cancellation or at least a small cancellation fee. I think the struggle is that I do not know what I really need or want. Well, that is not true. I want FW. :) . We do not planning to hit the parks this trip heavily. Mostly the un Disney stuff this time.

I am currently looking at
1) both the Sheraton's Villa's
2) Lake Buena Vista Resort village
3) Vista Cay.

I know there are many Bonnet Creek fans here, but I think that might be out of our budget when you total it all up.

I would love to hear everyone's thoughts!!!!
Bonnet Creek should be no problem so long as you aren't trying to book it directly from the resort.

How many people are you? Unless you're looking at the Bonnet Creek presidential 3 or 4 bed suites in high season, you will definitely be able to book something for Bonnet Creek under $250 a night, depending on availability. We've never paid more that $174 for a two bed deluxe, which sleeps 8 people, and that was during February vacation week. Here's the pricing from Vacation Upgrades. I always get quotes from them and Vacation Strategy, VS has always come in lower, so you may be able to get lower than this going through them. Also, they have a great cancellation policy: "We understand things come up unexpectedly and do not want our customers to risk any financial loss. If you should need to cancel your reservation more than 20 days before your check in date, you will receive a full refund. If you cancel within 20 days of your check in date you will receive a full credit towards a future vacation with us."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter