Hawai’i 10 Night Cruise to Vancouver

I am sorry to see you leave but I do understand and respect your decision. I will sadly remove you I hope someday we can cruise together.

Ugg just saw that a couple vacationing in Hawaii just came back. The wife has the virus. She is a cancer doctor too and saw 14 patients and was around 4 other doctors there that are now in self isolation. One doctor just left the country not knowing yet.

Her husband also a doctor is showing no signs yet.

This hits close to home . It is in Hamilton Ontario and my brother in law goes there and had his stem cell transplant there in Nov. My niece also is doing her clinical nursing program there too this term . She graduates in May .

My husband has the white board out again , seeing where everything has to be cancelled by. Still holding on...

Well in light of Trumps chat on TV what are y’all thinking??
im concerned about airlines continuing to fly- just my concern - I don’t think they will stop cruises they will just make them not worth taking right now - which will leave us some very sad options or a scary one

Well Princess Stopped and Viking Stopped (they really had no choice) - Both are offering generous refunds to their customers - Disney could learn a lot from them. Wondering where this is headed???

Well Princess Stopped and Viking Stopped (they really had no choice) - Both are offering generous refunds to their customers - Disney could learn a lot from them. Wondering where this is headed???
Unfortunately,
I believe we are next to receive this information.

With only 4 ships, I think DCL is in a unique situation where they might not have to cancel like these other big cruise lines are doing. They can manage the fleet much more meticulously. We shall see.

We put a backup plan in place in case travel advisories aren't lifted for us before we leave home. I would love to go on this cruise, but ten nights at Aulani (with an excursion to Kauai) is looking like a great alternative. The resort, dining reservations, and car rental are booked. I'll wait until the weekend to book refundable flights. It's nice to know we'll still get a vacation, regardless of what happens to the cruise. And if the advisories are lifted, we simply cancel the extended Aulani stay. Easy.

Though, admittedly, I would be devastated to know I'm missing out on a cruise that will sail, but our government and insurance won't support us if we step onboard. That part still gets my upset.

We put a backup plan in place in case travel advisories aren't lifted for us before we leave home. I would love to go on this cruise, but ten nights at Aulani (with an excursion to Kauai) is looking like a great alternative. The resort, dining reservations, and car rental are booked. I'll wait until the weekend to book refundable flights. It's nice to know we'll still get a vacation, regardless of what happens to the cruise. And if the advisories are lifted, we simply cancel the extended Aulani stay. Easy.

Though, admittedly, I would be devastated to know I'm missing out on a cruise that will sail, but our government and insurance won't support us if we step onboard. That part still gets my upset.
How do you go about going to Kauai from Oahu? If worse comes to worse I would like to do that.

Hawaiian Airlines has about a dozen flights each day to Kauai, and several more to the other islands. They are cheap, too!
Do you have details? Is it a quick fight? I am a nervous flyer and typically only fly on big airplanes.

Wow Ontario Canada is closing the schools for 2 weeks after March Break which is next week. That means 3 weeks .

I think I should go get some extra food in the house just in case.

We can’t get some items snd forget toilet paper stores are OUT of that!!
sad
I’m going to work on back up plans - after reading several articles about this and talking with a Dr I’m feeling less comfortable about any cruise right now unless things improve which they may (?)
I hope they do because I really want to go but I don’t wish to cause harm to myself or anyone else
I’m praying this will improve rapidly and not get any worse !!

Do you have details? Is it a quick fight? I am a nervous flyer and typically only fly on big airplanes.

They are 40 minutes gate to gate, give or take. That means you'll probably only be in the air for 20 minutes or so, plus taxi and take off time. They are smaller planes, yes.

Our local government said that anyone travelling outside of Canada will be in mandatory 14 day quarantine when they return, effective immediately. Ugh, this really puts a wrench in our plans. I'm supposed to do an Ironman race 13 days after we return. Can't train or do that if I'm in quarantine. My husband cannot work from home.

Today started well and then fell apart.

Our local government said that anyone travelling outside of Canada will be in mandatory 14 day quarantine when they return, effective immediately. Ugh, this really puts a wrench in our plans. I'm supposed to do an Ironman race 13 days after we return. Can't train or do that if I'm in quarantine. My husband cannot work from home.

Today started well and then fell apart.
They just closed WDW and all cruises starting Saturday to the end of March....

I’m so sorry you just got your plans all in place this just sucks all the way around
I don’t want to sound like I’m down playing this virus or anything - but all of this is causing people loads of stress and emotional turmoil - you have so much you have to deal with and everything is so fluid
I did tonight convince DH that the cruise may not be in his best interest I read him some of the articles I have read . Now he doesn’t want to go to Aulani or the store or anywhere ugh
I give up ! I’m just going to let it ride for a few days and see where we are at - if things keep getting worse I’ll make my decision because it looks like Disney is going to sail a ship to Europe but I just don’t know why ?? And they don’t seem to care about their customers much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter