• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hawaii 10 night- luau?

KDG

K Sorcerer Mickey
Our 10 night Hawaiian cruise overnights in Kauai, so it is our only chance to attend a luau. Our other ports all depart by 5:00 p.m. The Port Adventures list Luau Kalamaka (though its website information says closed on Sunday, when we are there...?). I know there is also a luau at the Grand Hyatt in Lihue and maybe others. Can anyone recommend a luau in Kauai? We are a party of 4 adults.

We are staying a few nights at Aulani before the cruise, so that would also be a possibility.

Thanks for your help!

Our 10 night Hawaiian cruise overnights in Kauai, so it is our only chance to attend a luau. Our other ports all depart by 5:00 p.m. The Port Adventures list Luau Kalamaka (though its website information says closed on Sunday, when we are there...?). I know there is also a luau at the Grand Hyatt in Lihue and maybe others. Can anyone recommend a luau in Kauai? We are a party of 4 adults.

We are staying a few nights at Aulani before the cruise, so that would also be a possibility.

Thanks for your help!
If the excursion is offered, even if it's a dark night for the venue, they may have set up a special luau for the ship.

Just looked at the Hawaiian excursions list for Kauai, and there's only the NA31 - Luau Kalamaku ($202 adult, $191 child) that you mention listed. BTW, that wasn't there a couple of weeks ago when I last looked at the excursions.

Last edited:

They have certain nights reserved for cruise passengers so that's why it looks unavailable on their website.

Just do the Aulani luau or a luau on Oahu. Kauai is too cool to waste at a luau.

During a land vacation we went to the Smith's Family Garden Luau, it was really nice. It's in Kapaa, just north of Lihue. They don't normally do Sunday shows but you might check to see if they're doing a special show with the ship in town:
https://www.smithskauai.com/
If you decide to do the Luau at/near Aulani instead, we had great experiences with the following on Kauai:

Thanks, everyone, for your advice. I am starting to research the choices on the 4 islands we will be visiting. Has anyone had experience with zip lining on Kauai or Maui?

Add me as another vote for the Aulani luau - we saw it in October 2018 and thought it was awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter