hawaii 2021 - covid test?

An arrangement how? If I get tested in NY before traveling to Hawaii, I am certain the labs here would not prioritize it because I'm going to Hawaii. Are people traveling to Hawaii and getting tested upon arrival? I can't imagine taking that kind of a risk.
I don't know how. Just putting out possibilities. There could possibly be a designated lab for it. I don't even know that Covid tests are prioritized in any fashion for anyone. I was just responding to a PP who said travel-related testing would probably be prioritized last.

I agree I would never travel to Hawaii just to be tested there. I think very few travelers would, & that's probably why it's not currently on the table.

I wonder how a vaccine will play into all of this. If vaccines are readily available by next summer, say, will proof of vaccine be considered instead of a negative test....hmmm.
If a good vaccine is widely available, they might not restrict travel at all. Who knows?

For anyone planning a trip to Hawaii, I think you should consider that the situation in Hawaii is very fluid and government officials will move swiftly to combat the spread of the virus. Policies are shifting on a weekly basis - in just the past month, the government made the following changes: reopening with testing was delayed a month, school opening was postponed, then bars were shut down. Today's edition of Honolulu's only daily printed newspaper, Star Advertiser, has a huge headline - SHUTDOWN POSSIBLE.

The bottom line is that no one knows what the situation in Hawaii will be on any given date. Hawaii has made it clear that the virus, not the calendar or economy, will dictate policy. The majority of residents seem to agree with this approach: https://www.staradvertiser.com/2020...ents-snub-reopening-for-tourism-survey-finds/

Hawaii has made it clear that the virus, not the calendar or economy, will dictate policy. The majority of residents seem to agree with this approach:
Yes, but that state of affairs can only last for so long without doing irreparable damage to the economy. We're talking about 2021, not next month.

Once the federal unemployment money dries up, and the effects of a shrunken state budget begin being felt due to extremely low tax revenues, Hawaiians are going to really feel the pinch, and public opinion and state government policy will begin to swing the other way.

The same issue exists if both are required, that travelers risk going all that way (and paying for it) only to be denied their vacation upon arrival, and also having to pay to be in quarantine in Hawaii until they have a doctor's clearance to fly back home (because with a positive Covid test, they can't just hop on the next flight home). That isn't a risk many people will take. Tourism won't begin to recover with such an onerous rule.

Rapid testing at the departure airport would be logical, with that being the end of it.

My point was that travelers could choose to be tested prior to departure, but there would be a rapid test available if they didn’t get it done or the results weren’t back.

We are in CT, and there are now more than 30 states on the quarantine list when arriving in NJ/NY/CT. There is some talk that BDL might start offering testing at the airport, and being able to get a test quickly and easily would be fantastic. We got home yesterday, and went to walk-in clinics today. Although I had to wait for my turn to be swabbed, the results only took about 20 minutes to come back. If we can get to the point where testing is fast and widely available, I think that can go a long way towards traveling safely.

My point was that travelers could choose to be tested prior to departure, but there would be a rapid test available if they didn’t get it done or the results weren’t back.

We are in CT, and there are now more than 30 states on the quarantine list when arriving in NJ/NY/CT. There is some talk that BDL might start offering testing at the airport, and being able to get a test quickly and easily would be fantastic. We got home yesterday, and went to walk-in clinics today. Although I had to wait for my turn to be swabbed, the results only took about 20 minutes to come back. If we can get to the point where testing is fast and widely available, I think that can go a long way towards traveling safely.
I agree that rapid test results will really help.

I just have to say. After reading a million similar posts on here and on facebook. This is the ONLY discussion that did not devolve into arguments. Posters posted their thoughts, concerns, insights and differing opinions without fighting. Thank you. I needed this.

Now I'll give you my best guess..... which is all we can say, our best guesses.

I think IF a GOOD vaccine comes out and a certain percentage (no idea how what that percentage is,) is vaccinated, we as a society, will accept proof of vaccination as a "pass" for many of the restrictions placed upon us.

After reading a million similar posts on here and on facebook. This is the ONLY discussion that did not devolve into arguments. Posters posted their thoughts, concerns, insights and differing opinions without fighting...I think IF a GOOD vaccine comes out and a certain percentage...is vaccinated, we as a society, will accept proof of vaccination as a "pass" for many of the restrictions placed upon us.
We've got the island vibe in this forum, I think.

I don't know that proof of vaccination will even be needed. The point of these restrictions is to protect the most vulnerable. Once everyone has access to protection via vaccination, then there won't be a need to restrict anyone else. The most vulnerable will be able to protect themselves via vaccination.

Folks need to understand that prioritization of a Covid Test for travel to Hawaii just isn’t going to happen because it’s not a MEDICAL priority nor one pertinent to where you are being tested and the labs are swamped. Priorities are for either people with active symptoms, people who need a test for a medical procedure or people needing a test, especially Health Care Workers who may have been exposed an need to get back to work. Given the strict limitation on testing supplies right now I doubt, in some areas (our’s included), you could even get a doctor’s order for one for travel. (Yes, I was told upon inquiry that’s required here). I just checked on our Lab’s Turn Arround Time for a non-stat Covid test and you’d be pushing it to get it back in 3 days.

Anyone planning a trip to Hawaii before a vaccine is available has to really think long and hard about it. You plans could get cancelled up to the day of your flight with no warning. It’s really rolling the dice. I don’t see any of this changing before a vaccine is ready.

We’ve had to cancel our trip because the province of B.C. won’t perform tests for travel purpose, only if you are experiencing symptom. :sad:

We’ve had to cancel our trip because the province of B.C. won’t perform tests for travel purpose, only if you are experiencing symptom. :sad:
That's what I thought too but I read a post on ttrip advisor where someone posted a couple of locations in the lower mainland where you can get one done for travel purposes even without symptoms (but it said you had to pay).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter