Hawaii help needed - Hilton Hawaiian Village

nkereina

Last chance to lose your keys.
Can anyone opine on the Hilton Hawaiian Village in Waikiki? Planning to stay for 4 nights for our honeymoon next year before moving to Aulani. Debating between Ali’i Tower and Rainbow Tower. I’d love a view of the Friday night fireworks too. Which would you pick? Anyone know if some of the Ali’i Tower rooms have fireworks views? Thanks!

Haven't stayed there, but that place is nice. It was the first of the big megahotels on Waikiki. Don Ho had his own show there.

We stayed there a few years ago and loved it. Great beach and pools. It's like a little city onto itself, which I enjoyed. We stayed in the Lagoon Tower, so sorry can't help you on Ali'i vs Rainbow. Rainbow Tower is definitely closer to the fireworks though. If you have other specific questions, I can try to answer.

I live in Hawaii. Honestly, for the fireworks, I'd go down to the beach and get some sand in your toes to watch them. Nothing better than right on the beach. The Hilton is a great hotel, it's huge and has lots of pools. Even though it is on Waikiki Beach, it is kinda at the beginning and not directly in the action. You would have to walk maybe 10 minutes. I've never stayed in the Rainbow Tower, only Ali'i. You will love Aulani, oh my, heaven on earth for sure!! Sorry can't help you out on which tower to stay in. But if you have any other questions, just let me know. If you don't want to stay in Waikiki, Turtle Bay on the north shore is also really nice :)

I've stayed there several times and it's a very nice hotel. Several pools, a nice beach, good restaurants, and many shops. Never watched the fireworks from our room but agree with PP to see them from the beach. Our last stay we watched them from the beach bar at the Hale Koa military resort next door.

Last edited:
I live in Hawaii. Honestly, for the fireworks, I'd go down to the beach and get some sand in your toes to watch them. Nothing better than right on the beach. The Hilton is a great hotel, it's huge and has lots of pools. Even though it is on Waikiki Beach, it is kinda at the beginning and not directly in the action. You would have to walk maybe 10 minutes. I've never stayed in the Rainbow Tower, only Ali'i. You will love Aulani, oh my, heaven on earth for sure!! Sorry can't help you out on which tower to stay in. But if you have any other questions, just let me know. If you don't want to stay in Waikiki, Turtle Bay on the north shore is also really nice :)

Thanks for the tip. How did you like Ali'i tower? I've been leaning towards that one since it seems to have more amenities.

Thanks for the tip. How did you like Ali'i tower? I've been leaning towards that one since it seems to have more amenities.

I've stayed at HHV numerous times -- several times in the Lagoon Tower timeshare, and a couple of times in the hotel for work conferences. The last time I was there for a conference, they upgraded us to the Ali'i tower (they had run out of rooms due to the very large conference, and after 30 minutes of searching around, they did the upgrade. I got the impression they really didn't want to do it, as the room price was much higher). The very best part of the Ali'i tower is the private pool on the roof. As happens in most tropical resorts, the lounge chairs at most of the pools get "claimed" early in the day. If you're not there early enough, it's tough to get a place to sit down. Not so at the Ali'i pool. Never saw more than half of its lounge chairs occupied or claimed. Had a real exclusive feel to it. OTOH, it didn't have water slides or other cool resort pool features. Its ambiance was much more laid back and elegant.

Bob

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter