Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Forget a cruise just go to Aulani!!!

Votes: 21 37.5%
  • Other ideas.......

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • B2B Caribbean

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
We keep hoping that one of the new ships (will settle for one of the current ones) will be permanently located on the West coast (we live in Oregon) and that cruises to Hawaii will become almost everyday events. If Hawaii, can Tokyo and/or Australia be far behind?? Of course, we are hoping the Mouse will open a "Land" near/in Astoria, Seaside or Cannon Beach, but that might be a stretch.
I honestly think by the time the dust settles after all of the new boats are online, either the Magic or Wonder will call Australia/Oceana home. They're the right size boat for the territory and comparing to other cruise lines who currently operate here, it's the older ships within their fleet. My two cents.

I honestly think by the time the dust settles after all of the new boats are online, either the Magic or Wonder will call Australia/Oceana home. They're the right size boat for the territory and comparing to other cruise lines who currently operate here, it's the older ships within their fleet. My two cents.
I doubt they could fill a ship every week in Australia. If they could, it would be due to Asians rather than Australians. It's more likely for one of the ships to end up in Asian waters than Australian waters.

I doubt they could fill a ship every week in Australia. If they could, it would be due to Asians rather than Australians. It's more likely for one of the ships to end up in Asian waters than Australian waters.

Cruising is increasingly popular in Australia. I live in Sydney and during the cruising season (our summer), there is a cruise ship in the Harbour at least twice a week. We are also seeing the large 'super' cruise ships now like the Ovation of the Seas. That doesn't include the cruises that leave from other Australian ports like Brisbane so there is definitely a market. I haven taken a cruise from Sydney to the South Pacific, the majority of the passengers were Australian.
That being said, it wouldn't surprise me if they were based in Asia due to Disney Hong Kong etc.

We visited Hawaii a few years ago and stayed at Aulani for part of our Oahu stay. It was beautiful. Relaxing & lots to do. Also island-hopped to the Big Island & loved that.

As has already been mentioned, I'd consider maybe doing the Pride of America cruise through NCL that visits different Hawaiian islands. You could add a few days at Aulani easily. That cruise was discussed on the DIS Unplugged podcast a couple years or so ago. It sounded very nice.

Cruising is increasingly popular in Australia. I live in Sydney and during the cruising season (our summer), there is a cruise ship in the Harbour at least twice a week. We are also seeing the large 'super' cruise ships now like the Ovation of the Seas. That doesn't include the cruises that leave from other Australian ports like Brisbane so there is definitely a market. I haven taken a cruise from Sydney to the South Pacific, the majority of the passengers were Australian.
Yes, but DCL is more of a niche market than those lines. It's much more expensive and appeals mostly to families. As I said, I don't think the numbers are there to fill a DCL ship with mostly Australians on a regular basis.

Last edited:
Yes, but DCL is more of a niche market than those lines. It's much more expensive and appeals mostly to families. As I said, I don't think the numbers are there to fill a DCL ship with mostly Australians on a regular basis.
I don't think it would be mostly Australians on the ships. As you noted, Asia would probably be a market that would go down to cruise.

Still, "regular basis" is the key thing. There's probably enough interest to do a 1-2 months every year or two. But week in, week out is likely not sustainable.

I don't think it would be mostly Australians on the ships. As you noted, Asia would probably be a market that would go down to cruise.

Still, "regular basis" is the key thing. There's probably enough interest to do a 1-2 months every year or two. But week in, week out is likely not sustainable.
That would be amazing if they sailed around Australia. I've always wanted to go there and doing a Disney cruise to see many of the sights would be awesome. It's probably a few years down the road for a trip so Disney has some time to get there lol.

Well I was looking at 9-10 days between Aulani and a cruise together so hopefully they offer shorter Hawaii cruises in the future.

I will look into other cruises and Aulani but I prefer all Disney.

Well I was looking at 9-10 days between Aulani and a cruise together so hopefully they offer shorter Hawaii cruises in the future.

I will look into other cruises and Aulani but I prefer all Disney.
I don't think there will be any shorter cruises below 9 nights. It takes a while to sail over there and then do a few islands. The other cruise lines round trips are around 14/15 days.

I don't think there will be any shorter cruises below 9 nights. It takes a while to sail over there and then do a few islands. The other cruise lines round trips are around 14/15 days.
Thank you! New to cruising. I guess I have some time to save up then since all the cruises are booked.

The cruises that come from mainland are certainly long...probably at least 10 days. However, if you do a fly to and from Hawaii, there are Norwegian (Pride of America) cruises (looking at next summer) of 7 days that just hop around the islands that start and end at Honululu.

We keep hoping that one of the new ships (will settle for one of the current ones) will be permanently located on the West coast (we live in Oregon) and that cruises to Hawaii will become almost everyday events. If Hawaii, can Tokyo and/or Australia be far behind?? Of course, we are hoping the Mouse will open a "Land" near/in Astoria, Seaside or Cannon Beach, but that might be a stretch.
Lol we live in Olympia Washington so any of those locations would be great for us too!

So NCL has a ship that sails between all the islands. It occasionally gets a bad rap but I completely enjoyed my trip and with two days on Kauai, Maui, and the Big Island you got to see a lot. Another thing I have done, in Hawaii, was to rent a house for a week to be able to see a lot of sites....and last but not least we spent three nights at the Aulani, this past March even though my mother lives about 10 miles away and we loved it.
My husband will only cruise DCL but great ideas

***** UPDATE *****
We have decided to do 5 nights Aulani and than head over to the Big Island for 5 nights or Maui, that would be Hubbys choice he loves Maui lol
Thanks everyone and I will keep my eye on the Hawaii cruise if a room’s opens I’ll grab it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter