Hawaii Proof Of Vaccination

Mumof4mice

DIS Veteran
Would recent international travelers please share your experience regarding pre/post travel PCR testing and any problem with proof of vaccination?

Our entire family (Australian) is double/triple vaccinated with Pfizer. We are planning a trip in September and would like to hear if your international vaccination certificates were accepted as valid proof of vaccination, for entry into public buildings/restaurants etc. Thank you!

Would recent international travelers please share your experience regarding pre/post travel PCR testing and any problem with proof of vaccination?

Our entire family (Australian) is double/triple vaccinated with Pfizer. We are planning a trip in September and would like to hear if your international vaccination certificates were accepted as valid proof of vaccination, for entry into public buildings/restaurants etc. Thank you!
No issue at all using foreign (Canadian) proof of vaccination for restaurants, hotels etc. And my first two shots were AZ (Pfizer booster). I was there in Oct on my own with only my AZ, and still no issues even though Hawaii did not technically recognize it. Also no issues in December with the full family.

Last edited:
No issue at all using foreign (Canadian) proof of vaccination for restaurants, hotels etc. And my first two shots were AZ (Pfizer booster). I was there in Oct on my own with only my AZ, and still no issues even though Hawaii did not technically recognize it. Also no issues in December with the full family.

Thanks for replying, this is very helpful information!

Did you have to have a negative covid test to return to Canada? If yes where did you have it done? Thank you I'm going Feb 26th. for the first time. So excited.

Did you have to have a negative covid test to return to Canada? If yes where did you have it done? Thank you I'm going Feb 26th. for the first time. So excited.
Yes - We did. We purchased the RT-LAMP tests from Switch Health for C$139 each before we left Canada and brought them with us. The process was great. We did them from our room with the telehealth person online and our family of 5 was done (with results in hand) in an hour. We are going back in March and plan to do the same thing. I may bring an extra couple of tests though. We had no issues but apparently 1-2% of tests are faulty. I was worried about those odds last time as we need 5 tests.

there is also a Urgent Care in Kapolei that does rapid PCR testing for US$175.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter