Hawthorn vs Summerfield Suites LBV

The Zoo

Earning My Ears
Hi new to board, I am trying to get some info on these two hotels. Am looking for a 2 bedroom suites so the Adults can get away from the teens. Does anyone know which of these two is closer to Down Town Disney? Anyone stayed there recently? Any help would be appreciated.

I am not sure where Hawthorn Suites is, but we stayed at the Summerfield Suites LBV this past Feb. and loved it! It takes just a couple of minutes to drive to Downtown Disney. We would stay ther again in a heartbeat!

Hi, I took my teens to disney last month and wanted a 2 br 2 bath suite. I research hawthorn suites, summerfield suites, and residence inn lbv. They are all on palm parkway, with summerfield being the closest to downtown disney, then hawthor a block further down and residence inn about l/2 mile further.

They are all very nice hotels on a quiet street. We stayed at the residence inn because it is brand new and we got a cheap rate of $l05 on quikbook.com. Free hot and cold breakfast too. The bedrooms and baths are spacious. A definite l0.

You cannot go wrong with any of these hotels.

We stayed at the Hawthorne Suites LBV this past May. It is a quick drive to Downtown Disney, under 10 minutes. The hotel is in a very quiet location. We had a 1 bedroom suite, which had two double beds in it. There was a t.v. in the bedroom as well as the living room area. There is a small table that seperates the living room from the kitchen. We had a full size fridge, stove, microwave, sink, etc... The bathroom was very large. The hotel offered a breakfast buffett in the a.m. We had several cold and hot choices as well as fruit, and baked items. The pool is average size, there is a whirlpool and there are basketball courts. We got a great rate from Hotel Kingdom.com, I think at the time it was $89.00 per night.

I definitely would recommend it.

We have stayed at Summerfield at LBV and have always loved it. Would not hestitate to
recommend it to anyone. Great breakfast buffet for families. We usually have a suite right in front of the pool and arcade. Only drawback was the free shuttle took for ever to get to the parks because of stopping at other hotels on the way. We just used our car after the first time. The Summerfield on I-Drive is nice too but suites seem to be smaller.:jester:

We stayed last March at Summerfield Suites LBV and had a two bedroom/two bath/kitchen suite with pull-out couch in the living room for $125 per night (booked pretty far in advance). Just perfect for our 5 person family. The breakfast buffet was completely adequate, with a couple hot entrees each day available for a few dollars. Nice double line buffet with slightly different options, two large rooms and an outdoor patio area also for eating.

While I completely love the Epcot resorts and would recommend them to anyone as the ideal location at WDW, our family with two older teens needs two rooms. For the $600+ difference PER NIGHT, we decided we would go off-site. We were pleasantly amazed by how convenient it was to get in and out of all the parks. (We've been renting mini-vans for awhile even when staying on property for the transfers and convenience.)

The Chevy's nearby was fantastic - much better than our local ones here in St. Louis. Other nice chains are right there (Macaroni Grill and Olive Garden?, and all the fast food you can think of.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter