Hayley's Make A Wish Trip MAW/GKTW (Nov/Dec 2010)

Good news:

Hayley's wish granter came tonight to drop off our itinerary! We got our expense check, tickets to MVMCP, all the flight information (confirmation numbers, ect.)

Hayley also got a few gifts: a stuffed fish (Larger beanie babie type) named Bubbles, an Ariel crown, a little pearl type necklace, a Make A Wish T-shirt, button, and Make A Wish bag. She also got a jewerly kit to make her own bracelets.

The best was a Make a Wish Barbie. It is so cool and staying in the box! It is a very special Make A Wish Barbie and only Make A Wish kids can get them! Too cool!!

We are now more excited than ever!!!

Bad news:

Hayley had a check up at the doctor today. She is still on IV antibiotics until Friday. Doctor thought she sounded okay, but still not 100%. We came home and she took a nap (never a good sign :sad2:). Woke her up before the wish granter got here and after she left I kissed her forehead and she was burning up! She now has a fever of 100.8! :sick: UGH! Why can't she catch a break?:confused3

So I will have to call the doctor in the morning and see what if anything we will add or do differently. She also can't go to school since she must be fever free for 24 hours. UGH!:headache:

So please keep your fingers crossed and pray that she gets over whatever this is fast so we can go on our trip as planned! We would all be heartbroken if we have to reschedule!:sad1::sad1:

hey there, I just found your PTR! i have enjoyed reading over everyones! My family will be going on my sons Make A Wish trip Nov. 27-Dec.5. We are getting excited as well! I hope Hayley feels much better very very soon!
We will keep her in our prayers. :)))

~Stephanie

I just found this thread today and spent the last 2 hours reading it all, in between phone calls at work.
Your kids are so cute and I'm hoping Hayley gets better quickly for your trip. My kids are both healthy and I am greatful for that.
I am taking my niece and Goddaughter to DW Nov. 11-13th for a girls only quick trip to see Rick Springfield at Epcot.
So we will miss you by 1 day.
Love all of the gifts that you guys have recieved. I'm going to look into being a part of that program, sounds awesome. I love giving back like that.
Can't wait to read how your trip goes...
Pat

In reading the TTA website, I think that you can use any ice packs as long as they are frozen solid (No mushy liquid). I am also entertaining the idea of just leaving it out and bringing a few baggies and then asking for ice from a restaurant once we clear security.

Since it is a medical need, you are actually except from the liquid ban and should be able to bring whatever ice packs you need. You just need to declare it when you go through security.

The wording is not clear on the TSA site for "Travelers with Disabilities and Medical Conditions", but if they allow things that are completely liquid to be greater than 3.4oz, they should allow "slushy" ice. I've traveled with ice (for medication) and not had a problem - just had to let them know that I had it.

WOO HOO! We are finally in single digits!! Only 9 more days until we arrive at Give Kids the World!!!:woohoo:

I can't believe we are finally this close! I want to thank everyone who has helped me plan this wonderful trip!

I especially want to thank all the BIG GIVERS for all of the wonderful pixie dust pixiedust: you have given our family that will truly make this the trip of a lifetime!! THANK YOU SO MUCH BIG GIVERS!!!!

I am sure I will have more questions next week. I am going to try and start packing this weekend! Just hard to do ahead because we don't have a lot of extra space in our house to leave suitcases out! Also still waiting to see the weather forcast for the entire week so I know exactly what to pack!

Seems like I have so much to do and I know the time will fly from here!!:woohoo:

So exciting to be in the single digits! I hope Haley feels better real fast! I have the flu right now, so something is going around. I hope the doctor is able to fix her meds so whatever she has goes away.

Just popping over to check on Hayley! Is she feeling any better?

WOOHOO for single digits! It will be here before you know it!

Wow you guys are so close. How exciting!!! I hope Haley is feeling better and packing is a smooth process. Before you know it you will be off. Yeahhhhhh!:banana::banana:

Hi I am new to the board but I just read your PTR. Your kids are to cute!!! I see that you guys are getting close ~ u must all be so excited. I can not wait to keep up with the rest of your PTR & your TR when you get back..... :)

Hi I am new to the board but I just read your PTR. Your kids are to cute!!! I see that you guys are getting close ~ u must all be so excited. I can not wait to keep up with the rest of your PTR & your TR when you get back..... :)

Wow you guys are so close. How exciting!!! I hope Haley is feeling better and packing is a smooth process. Before you know it you will be off. Yeahhhhhh!:banana::banana:

Hey I have been reading your pRT and I am finally caught up! So sorry Hayley wasn't feeling well, but at least she is better now! So exciting that your trip is so close! Can't wait to hear all about it!

hey there, I just found your PTR! i have enjoyed reading over everyones! My family will be going on my sons Make A Wish trip Nov. 27-Dec.5. We are getting excited as well! I hope Hayley feels much better very very soon!
We will keep her in our prayers. :)))

~Stephanie

I just found this thread today and spent the last 2 hours reading it all, in between phone calls at work.
Your kids are so cute and I'm hoping Hayley gets better quickly for your trip. My kids are both healthy and I am greatful for that.
I am taking my niece and Goddaughter to DW Nov. 11-13th for a girls only quick trip to see Rick Springfield at Epcot.
So we will miss you by 1 day.
Love all of the gifts that you guys have recieved. I'm going to look into being a part of that program, sounds awesome. I love giving back like that.
Can't wait to read how your trip goes...
Pat

Thank you to all the new people who have happened on our PTR! We are 6 days and counting and so excited!!!!:woohoo::woohoo:

Just popping over to check on Hayley! Is she feeling any better?

WOOHOO for single digits! It will be here before you know it!

Thank you so much for continuing to check in on Hayley. She is doing much better and went back to school today! I think she got the flu on top of her infection. She ran a low grade temp from Wednesday night until Saturday morning, but has been fever free since then!

We are SO EXICTED!!! I cannot wait for Saturday to get here!! Saturday is our 2 hour limo ride to the hotel near the airport and then we fly out at 7am on Sunday morning!!!:banana::banana:

You guys are soooooo close!!!!!!!

Here is some dancing for your single digits!!!!!

:dancer:
:dancer::dancer:
:dancer::dancer::dancer:
:dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer:

Thanks Tim! Loved the dancers! You guys are getting super close too! I am loving watching Juliana open all of her Big Gives! She has received some super cool stuff!

BIG GIVERS are AWESOME!!!!:banana:

Thank you so much for continuing to check in on Hayley. She is doing much better and went back to school today! I think she got the flu on top of her infection. She ran a low grade temp from Wednesday night until Saturday morning, but has been fever free since then!

We are SO EXICTED!!! I cannot wait for Saturday to get here!! Saturday is our 2 hour limo ride to the hotel near the airport and then we fly out at 7am on Sunday morning!!!:banana::banana:

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:
SOOOO glad that Hayley is feeling better!!!

We are leaving in 4 days!!!:cheer2::banana:

I can hardly believe we are this close!!!

We got our expense check from MAW and I am wondering what others did? Did you take the cash or get traveler's checks? Are traveler's checks still fairly easy to use? I really hate dealing with them myself.

Do they have little safes in the villas at GKTW like they do in hotel rooms?

I would appreciate any additional last minute information anyone wants to throw in!!!:goodvibes

We got our expense check from MAW and I am wondering what others did? Did you take the cash or get traveler's checks? Are traveler's checks still fairly easy to use? I really hate dealing with them myself.

I would appreciate any additional last minute information anyone wants to throw in!!!:goodvibes

Not sure if you care; however, I am a newbie to your report as well, having posted a few times here. No advice, just excitement for you!
:banana::dance3::yay::cheer2:

Praying this is your BEST TRIP EVER, Full of Pixie Dust!

You could cash the check then go to the Disney Store and put the money on a gift card. That way you don't have to carry cash and you can use the card everywhere on Disney property for food etc. I would save a little cash if you are going to Sea World or Universal as you can't use the disney gift card there. Or go and get a prepaid Visa card from the grocery store.

4 days!!!!! :woohoo::woohoo: :woohoo::woohoo:

I hope you guys have the most amazing trip!!!!! pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

If you are able to I would bring some cash and deposit the rest into your checking account if you use a debit card. I like having a hundred dollars or so in cash and use my debit for big purchases or meals. Putting it on a Disney gift card isn't a bad idea either, but if you don't spend it all in Disney, you could come home with money still on a gift card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter