He Just Came For The Food: A March 2018 Dining Report *update 9/22 S. Hollow/GF Cafe

I also love Beaches & Cream! I went a few times on my last trip and was so interested in trying the "Tropical Sunrise Float" (Ace Pineapple Hard Cider with Rainbow Sherbet). I was conflicted because I also knew I was getting ice cream each time I went! After hearing the cider is very good, I must try it next time!

img_8173-jpg.315937
Baymax never looked so cute!

img_8182-jpg.315938

Believe it or not, The Schofferhofer was for Steve! Normally he finds it too sweet but was in the mood today. I almost got it but then saw the

Ace Pineapple Hard Cider and had to go with that.
How good is that Pineapple Hard Cider!!!!! Sooooo refreshing! I have been looking for it at home here, but can't find it so far. I will have to default to the Schofferhofer at home.

I ended up loving this, it's not as sweet as you would think and had a nice, light, pineapple flavor to it.
With his mini heat wave... I really want one right now!!!!

Grilled Cheese and Tomato Bisque
Six-Cheese blend on fresh-baked challah bread; served with lettuce, tomato :

img_8185-jpg.315985
This looks perfect! Basic but perfect.

img_8187-jpg.315987

Yeah baby, that's the

No Way José

A Peanut Butter and Hot Fudge delight featuring Chocolate and Vanilla Ice Cream, Peanut Butter and Chocolate Morsels, Whipped Cream, and a Cherry.

If you like peanut butter and you go to Beaches and Cream, this is what you need to get.
Yum. The glasses kind of remind me of the sundaes at Friendlies...

I shared desserts this trip.

WHAT????????
This is crazy talk!?!

Steve didn't want anything and Ricky got something for himself, and I just ate real fast so I got more than Chris did :snooty:
:rotfl2:

Oh, I did want someone to order the onion rings because we haven't had those there and @kastoney always raves about them but everyone decided to start the trip off not listening to me
You poor thing... Those boys just don't appricate you enough!

Grilled Cheese and Tomato Bisque
Six-Cheese blend on fresh-baked challah bread; served with lettuce, tomato :

img_8185-jpg.315985

::yes:: Oh my god, this is EXACTLY what I would have ordered. And I would have probably asked them to add bacon in there...because ya know, not enough calories :lmao: YU-HUM!

Also, HELLO! I've been MIA and just lurking for a long while since our Nov. 2016 trip. Went through the post-Disney blues, feeling crummy knowing we won't be going back to WDW until 2020 :sad: But I'm over myself now :laughing: and ready to come back on the Dis :thumbsup2. Love your reviews and looking forward to hearing all about your meals this trip!

Oh my gosh that grilled cheese has me practically drooling! I took one look at your No Way Jose and asked R if I could book a trip for Columbus Day long weekend... he's not having it tonight so I'll have to keep trying. Sounds like a great start to vacay! And ummmm Ricky's hand signs look like the one that got Steven Tyler "edited" on the Rock N Roller Coaster :oops: :rotfl:

I just checked into the report. Beaches and Cream looks fantastic. I really need to take my nephew there next time he joins us. He lives tomato soup. The No Way Jose is pure heaven. I can't believe you actually shared that!!!

Looking forward to more.

We really loved Beaches and Cream in February. We had the chicken sandwich and it was so good, oh the ice cream was delicious as well.

Love to see you all had a wonderful first meal.

My younger DS, who used only pretty much eat hamburgers and chicken fingers, ( so take that into consideration) says Beaches and Cream has a top 5 burger on his all time list :)

For those of you who haven't eaten here yet, this restaurant is tiny! You can easily watch your neighbors eat if you feel like it lol so we were able to see quite a few tables order the Kitchen Sink Sundae. What's really cool is that, right before this is delivered to a table, the lights flash in a disco ball kind of way and then the server recites something over the table before putting it down. The booth behind us had a mom, dad, and two kids, both had to be no older than 6, and they polished off the whole thing :crazy2:

We are trying this in May! There will be 8 of us and we've planned it for 2 hours after supper - so dessert only. Yummy!

We really enjoyed Beaches and Cream when we stayed at the BC over Thanksgiving.
Love their chocolate shakes and I did take dessert back to the room a heavenly slice of chocolate cake YUM
So what did you think of the Minnie Vans?

I love that Baymax at the Beach Club, he's so cute!

What a great meal to start your trip with! The grilled cheese and tomato soup is my go-to every time we've ate at Beaches and Cream, it's so good!

Chris's burger looks so plain and boring - and exactly the same way I order my burgers!

Joining in and will try to keep up. I love Beaches 'n Cream. Lately it's seemed like there are a lot of comments about it not living up to the hype but I've always loved the burger there. You have me intrigued by the grilled cheese, though. My only complaint is I'm usually too full to enjoy dessert!

Looks like a great simple first meal of the trip!
It was! Very nice to walk by the water first since the weather was so nice and I figured we'd have a good meal :) Plus it was easy to get to HS after and we didn't have to start off with a bus since they have the boat! Steve will take any form of transportation over the buses lol so I knew that would be a win

::yes::

Ooh Steve must be getting better at this transportation thing!! They even took you to the right place on the first try!
:laughing: I made sure twice that he put the right destination in, and on the way over we told our Minnie Van driver the whole GF/Grand Resort Nov. 2017 story!

I like Reese's but I think I would prefer the Milky Way one.
I've considered getting the Milky Way one before, that would be my second choice. I'm just a huge PB fan and can't resist the PB sauce over my ice cream :cloud9:

This is near the top of my list for future ADRS!
Perfect when you do a resort only trip!

We do love Beaches & Cream! It's the one place my lot always request to go back to. We sometimes mix it up by substituting The FOuntain (at The Dolphin resort) instead but, generally, I am happy to go along with their wishes.
I want to try the Fountain! I've heard many good things about it but then I forget about it until someone mentions it lol. Need to put it on my list for our August trip.

My husband really likes that Ace Pineapple Hard Cider. We have a lot of flavoured (hard) ciders here in the UK, so refreshing served over ice on a warm day (although those are few and far between).
I've casually looked for Hard Cider's around here and haven't found many but haven't done a serious search yet. I love that they have them pretty abundantly at F&G and F&W though! I agree extremely refreshing on a hot day and not heavy which is why I like them :)

What's with the sharing desserts though? No way jose! (see what I did there?) ;)
LOL I see! And I don't know!!! I have to work on that before our next trip for sure!

Those of us who haunt the Beach Club can't remember ever seeing this display before. We think it is new. It is gorgeous and I really wished I was there to see it.
We also saw a couple at Yacht Club so I bet they did decide to expand this year because I've never ever heard of them anywhere but GF.

We will be at the BC with our grandsons, age 12 and 14, in June and I think they would love this place. We are a party of 6, though, so it might be hard to get a table, since they are all teeny-tiny. But it is worth a shot.
It would be perfect for them! I've seen larger parties; you'd be a bit squished in a booth but they'd probably push 2 tables together. I think the key is to look for your reservation NOW lol and if you can't get it, set up an alert with TP if you have that.

Yay!!! I'm excited for this one!!!!
I'm excited to have you following along!!!!

I also love Beaches & Cream! I went a few times on my last trip and was so interested in trying the "Tropical Sunrise Float" (Ace Pineapple Hard Cider with Rainbow Sherbet). I was conflicted because I also knew I was getting ice cream each time I went! After hearing the cider is very good, I must try it next time!
We saw someone having one of those adult floats! It looked like an orange creamsicle, I looked the name up at the time but am too lazy now lol. Looked delicious but yes, filling if you plan on having ice cream. The cider is delicious and refreshing and a good choice if you want room for ice cream after :thumbsup2

How good is that Pineapple Hard Cider!!!!! Sooooo refreshing! I have been looking for it at home here, but can't find it so far.
Delicious! Yes I've looked casually for ciders here but haven't found any, have one distributor place to still check. If I find it I'll get you some and then you'll have a reason to come to Fishkill :laughing:

With his mini heat wave... I really want one right now!!!!
True lol, we're hitting 80 today!

Yum. The glasses kind of remind me of the sundaes at Friendlies...
Aaahh, Friendlies.......

You poor thing... Those boys just don't appricate you enough!
Truer words have never been said................

::yes:: Oh my god, this is EXACTLY what I would have ordered. And I would have probably asked them to add bacon in there...because ya know, not enough calories :lmao: YU-HUM!
Bacon would be lovely on that :goodvibes I didn't even think of it! The 6 different cheeses make this so much different than your regular grilled cheese which I don't eat simply because it doesn't excite me. And BTW, there are no calories in Disney food :rolleyes1

lso, HELLO! I've been MIA and just lurking for a long while since our Nov. 2016 trip. Went through the post-Disney blues, feeling crummy knowing we won't be going back to WDW until 2020 :sad: But I'm over myself now :laughing: and ready to come back on the Dis :thumbsup2. Love your reviews and looking forward to hearing all about your meals this trip!
I hear you. If I don't have another trip planned when I return from one it is very depressing. But really, spending time on the boards helps and I'm glad you're back and realize that now! It's actually what let me to become a TA, spending all my time here instead of cleaning my house or paying attention to my family when I was jonesing for a Disney trip :rotfl2: Takes away the sadness living vicariously through others' trips and kind of makes the time go by a bit quicker until you can start planning your next vacation!

Yum! I’m in.
:welcome: glad to have you!

I love that Baymax at the Beach Club, he's so cute!
He was one of my favorites!

I think the key is to look for your reservation NOW lol and if you can't get it, set up an alert with TP if you have that.
I've used the TP reservation finder to find our Ohana reservation for our June trip and it worked great, although I missed several of the alerts until I finallycaught one of the emails in time to make the reservation. You don't have to join Touring Plans to use the service, which is nice. :)

Now for the best (in my opinion which is most often correct).
Hey, when you're right, you're right... right?! ;)

and then I said screw it, I'm getting what I want!
This is my LIFE motto!!! :laughing:

No Way José
A Peanut Butter and Hot Fudge delight featuring Chocolate and Vanilla Ice Cream, Peanut Butter and Chocolate Morsels, Whipped Cream, and a Cherry.
YES! This is exactly what I'd get here. ::yes::

I shared desserts this trip.

WHAT????????
:scared1: I don't know how I feel about this...

a bowl of honey nut cheerios which probably equaled 3 servings
Who in the world eats a "one serving" bowl of cereal anyway?! It's like 2 bites! If you watch Friends, you might remember the Thanksgiving episode where Joey says about a pie slice Monica is cutting "What, are you afraid you're gonna run out, cut me a real piece!" This is my life.

I just ate real fast so I got more than Chris did :snooty:
Good strategy. :thumbsup2

I'll say we left the '50's for the Hollywood that used to be and is now a park that is nothing like it used to be
Yup.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter