He thinks its a compromise; I think its a victory.. ;)

Ashbiez

Mouseketeer
Hey all! I figured I'd jump at the op to talk about my upcoming Disney trip, since its all I really talk about anyways - at least here you all haven't heard every excruciating detail 853 times. Please let me know if I've misunderstood the concept of this board and I'll move it to where it should be! ;)

First of all its me & my fiance (yay!) going in April. I'm Ash, 26 & Manage a toy store (can you tell I'm a kid at heart? maybe?). Bob is 24 and works in IT - but he's just as much of a big kid as I am! We live in a burb of Chicago. We've been together for 3 years, but were friends for ages before that. :lovestruc

There's quite a bit of background drama associated with some key players in our trip, and I won't bore you with the whole saga - but long story short our mutual friend Mike is getting married (unfortunately being one of the guys no longer counts when one of the guys gets engaged - so he dropped our friendship completely - even unfriended on facebook! how rude! But in the excitement of the trip I've gotten over it, almost). So Mike moved to Orlando with his wife-to-be and they're getting married on a Carnival Cruise.
While I was still bitter about the friendship issue with Mike, I told Bob I would only go on this *insert unnecessary expletives here* cruise if I could go to Disney World. After all, we'd already be in Orlando...

Truth of the matter is, I love cruises. I'd go no matter what because its just an excuse to go on one! But, being the wily woman that I am, I had to play my cards just right...

So Bob caved. Which wasn't much of a stretch since he loves Disney World, too. We went together on a last minute trip after only dating for a few months and it was the time of our lives - so I just KNOW this trip will be even better!

He thinks we compromised... I'm pretty sure I just won and got my way, though :woohoo:

Anyways... onto the trip deets, the 4-1-1, the info...

We arrive in Florida on the 7th - Staying 1 night in Cape Canaveral (still waiting to see about pre-wedding group rates to book that one)
8th-11th we cruise down to Nassau in the Bahamas and then back. The wedding itself is the morning of the 8th. I think there are about 15-20 people that will be part of our group, aside from family members. So it should be a really fun time - I'm super excited for it - - - Especially the food!!:cloud9:

The ship docks @ 7am, but I'm not sure what time we will actually get off. But then we head over to CBR from the 11th-16th. Our last trip was only 3 days, so we were rushing around like mad - so I'm THRILLED to have time to not race from attraction to attraction! Here's the rough plan I've come up with based on EMH and ADRs we've made (we do have the hopper option):

4/11 Magic Kingdom EMH until 2am (not sure when we will get to our room, so this seems like the perfect choice - plus MK is always first for me!)
4/12 8:00am Character Breakfast @ Cape May Cafe; DHS EMH until 10pm - I'm thinking hang around the Boardwalk in the morning then head over to DHS around lunchtime.
4/13 Epcot EMH @ 8am - We plan to "drink around the world" so this would give us plenty of time to knock out the Epcot attractions before kicking off the adult-sized fun when World Showcase opens.
4/14 Animal Kingdom EMH until 8pm - I'm not a huge AK fan, but maybe if we go in the morning it won't be so crazy since it has the late EMH and we can do the top attractions, then use it as a freebie/floater day to go wherever.
4/15 Last day :eek: Magic Kingdom EMH @ 8am; 7:45pm Dinner @ Germany's Biergarten - I think that says it all - MK in the morning to hit the top rides one last time, then Epcot in the afternoon followed by dinner and Illuminations.
4/16 Travel day - Our flight doesn't leave until 6pm, so we have the morning/early afternoon to play a little bit. I'm thinking DTD to snag some souvenirs to take home.

We did the deal with the $500 gift card for staying at a Moderate Resort, so we plan to use that for our food/goodies while we're there instead of the Dining plan. We're also going to save part of it for our PhotoPass CD, since we couldn't afford the CD after our last trip.

Every day I'm lurking around on these boards or scouring the internet for all things Disney I come up with a million and two ideas for our vacation haha. I know we can't fit it all in, so clearly we'll just have to go back again soon!
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know if I'm missing something huge, or if I really should re-think a part of our plan!
Its only my 2nd trip as an adult, and the last one was so last minute I feel like I need to plan double to make up for it! :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter