Heading to Disney World this September, i'm looking for people to share accomodation with me.

Elizabeth Carter

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone I'm a 33 year old female from Australia, I will be heading to The United States end of July to do a road trip around the States. I will be ending my trip in Florida in September.

Currently my Dates at the parks will be

10th-13th Sep Universal, Islands of Adventure, Volcano Bay and Kennedy Space centre
19th-21st Sep Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios and Epcot
30th Sep-2nd Oct Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Typhoon Lagoon or another day at Magic Kingdom.

I am looking for people to share accommodation on these dates and have people join me at the parks. I am happy to switch park dates around if it suits others better.

The reason for the split of dates is that I will also be road tripping other parts of Florida such as Miami, Key West, Tampa as well as going on a 7 night cruise out of Port Canaveral on the 22nd-29th Sep.

Hi everyone I'm a 33 year old female from Australia, I will be heading to The United States end of July to do a road trip around the States. I will be ending my trip in Florida in September.

Currently my Dates at the parks will be

10th-13th Sep Universal, Islands of Adventure, Volcano Bay and Kennedy Space centre
19th-21st Sep Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios and Epcot
30th Sep-2nd Oct Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Typhoon Lagoon or another day at Magic Kingdom.

I am looking for people to share accommodation on these dates and have people join me at the parks. I am happy to switch park dates around if it suits others better.

The reason for the split of dates is that I will also be road tripping other parts of Florida such as Miami, Key West, Tampa as well as going on a 7 night cruise out of Port Canaveral on the 22nd-29th Sep.

You should also consider doing a day in St Augustine, about an hour outside of Orlando, if you get time. Beautiful beaches and a historic city with a lot of good food. I would have joined you in the parks, but I will be leaving shortly before you arrive. Still, if there is any advice you would like, feel free to pm me. I've researched pretty much the entire area planning for my own travel.

I would suggest getting a value hotel instead of sharing. I wouldn't share but I am paranoid. Finding someone to hang out with at the parks is fine.

The Tower Studios at Riviera are approaching that, but they won't be available until December or so.

I am surprised, but I didn't know about the Riviera until recently either, so I don't have all the details. Still, a value or low end moderate for solo travelers would be useful.

I would suggest getting a value hotel instead of sharing. I wouldn't share but I am paranoid. Finding someone to hang out with at the parks is fine.
You are not paranoid. You value your life.

She's going to attract a predator or weirdo. BAD idea. Get a value room or off-site cheap room vs. risking your life.

I am surprised, but I didn't know about the Riviera until recently either, so I don't have all the details. Still, a value or low end moderate for solo travelers would be useful.

Yeah I agree. A full room at All Stars will still be half or less the cost it would be to rent a Tower room at Riviera.

You should also consider doing a day in St Augustine, about an hour outside of Orlando, if you get time. Beautiful beaches and a historic city with a lot of good food. I would have joined you in the parks, but I will be leaving shortly before you arrive. Still, if there is any advice you would like, feel free to pm me. I've researched pretty much the entire area planning for my own travel.

I will actually be driving down the coast, Charleston- Savannah, Savannah- Jacksonville, Jacksonville- Daytona Beach before I do the parks. I will make sure I stop in St Augustine on the way.

Thank you for all of your concern about sharing a room. As my trip to the States is for nearly 3 months i simply wont be able to afford any room at Disney by myself. And I would prefer going on the rides with others as well. I will most likely end up getting a room offsite and even book Airbnb, though i would love to stay onsite for about 2 nights to have the full Disney experience as I most likely be coming back any time in the near future. I will make sure to video chat with anyone that wants to share a room. Also I would only feel comfortable sharing with a female.

It is nice to stay onsite but there are offsite hotels that would be cheaper than splitting the cost of a disney hotel. Also even if you feel comfortable sharing with a female keep in mind that in the US we have prisons full of female murderers. I'm not trying to be grim but from one women to another I want you to be safe.

I wouldn't share a room.

If you want to see a Disney resort you can visit one and look around. You can have a meal at a resort without staying there.

Meeting up at the parks is fine; you can always split if it gets weird with anyone.

Disney park parking fees will apply if you drive to the parks. Some offsite resorts have bus shuttles, but they tend to have limited schedules. Some buses only stop at Epcot and you have to use other Disney transportation to get to your park, if not Epcot.

Try to save in some other part of your trip to afford an onsite value resort on your own if you truly want to be on Disney property.

I want to thank you all for your word of caution, though actually I have shared many rooms with strangers they have been either been in hostels or on tours. I never knew who I was sharing with or had contact with them before I shared with them. Now there is always a risk involved with doing anything, though I will get a chance talk to the person first, know that they also love Disney and see if we click first before booking any room, this lowers the risk a lot

I want to thank you all for your word of caution, though actually I have shared many rooms with strangers they have been either been in hostels or on tours. I never knew who I was sharing with or had contact with them before I shared with them. Now there is always a risk involved with doing anything, though I will get a chance talk to the person first, know that they also love Disney and see if we click first before booking any room, this lowers the risk a lot

If it was hostel or tour here in the US, then maybe. This is not your circumstance, here. In those instances you have some built in security.

If you book the room you're responsible if you have a no show. If you try to get advance payment for their half that may not work, either.

Bottom line this is not a good idea. I honestly would skip Disney World all together if I had to do what you propose and I've been to Disney World over 50 times and enjoy going there.

A tour or being in a hostel is vastly different than sharing a hotel room with a stranger. I can’t imagine even considering that! There are plenty of inexpensive nearby hotels, and you can look at Priceline or Hotwire too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter