Heading to HH...first time!

lsyorke

DIS Veteran
Made the late decision to try something different, so headed to Hilton Head in October. So...any suggestions for what to do and see in the area? Restaurants?
Traveling with DS 25 and his girlfriend 21, so looking for adult things to do.

There aren't many (any) places that stay up at all hours of the night, I don't think. There's the Jazz Club for live music and excellent food. Robert Irvine has a restaraunt on the island, "Eat!" It's really a beautiful island, very nature-oriented. If you can, schedule a kayaking trip. Or I've seen some people stand-up paddle boarding-I forget what that's called, but it looks like a lot of fun. But just the idea of me being able to stand on a paddle board for possibly 2 whole seconds without splashing into the water makes me fall on the floor in laughter.

I've been to hilton head many times and the best places to go are harbor town (small toll to go in but well worth it) great food and I highly suggest eating at a place called the crazy crab ... delicious!!!! .... also another great place to go at night is a shopping area called coligny square .... it has all kinda of shops from be achy stores to a high end surf shop and everything in between. One really good place to eat is called steamers( also at coligny) and it has an amazing flounder sandwich and great food overall. After that, I suggest two more places that are must do's. 1. is a ice cream place called the frozen moo at coligny(89 flavors I believe) and 2. the classic salty dog cafe in sea pines area .... the area is a lot of fun and food is also very good. If your group likes to go outlet shopping there is also 2 tanger outlet malls right off the island... about a 15 minute drive from disney's resort at hilton head. Have fun and hope I helped.

Thank you so much! We were just looking at Coligny..sounds like something we would all enjoy. Yes, kayaking is on the itinerary!

We do enjoy the nature things, so that's a plus.

This is a great area for kayaking. You will enjoy it greatly.

I still recommend Pazzo. A smaller restaurant across 278 from the resort. Easy walk from the resort. We very much like it.

I hear Savannah as some nice restaurants and historical whatnots. :)

Pinckney Island is a great place for walking/bike riding.

If you have a history buff in the group, you HAVE to go over to Parris island and go through the Marine Museum.

Thanks...getting a good list of things to do! We plan on going to savannah one of the days.

1/2 price tapas at Eat! (Irvine's) on Tuesdays -- make reservations, and love the Sunday Brunch at One Hot Mamas (Orchid -- also an Iron Chef competitor).

We toured Pinckney Island with Gwyn one of the Disney naturalists, made Mickey tie-dye shirts, and love everything Crab B'lue does.

All of the CMs at HHI are exceptional.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter