• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Heads Up for HH Seafood Lovers

GrammieMame

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
If you plan on using your HH kitchen and are looking for fresh seafood, I want to recommend Barnacle Bill's open-air, roadside stand on the main drag. Coming out of DVC, take a left on the highway and it's about a mile or two on the left. How fresh are these fish? He takes a big slab of fish out and will cut you a piece the exact size and shape that you want. He also has already made crab cakes, fresh oysters and crab legs, and other assorted goodies. We have been buying fish from Bill for 10 years, and have always been satisfied. He's growing a large garden this year, and will have fresh veggies, including tomatoes (if you haven't tried that southern delicacy, a garden tomato on white bread with mayo and a thin slice of vidalia onion, you're really missing something).

In addition to having great fresh seafood, he's a character in his own right. He will be glad to give you cooking hints from his stash of seafood recipes. Tell him Lucy & Spruce sent you.

We were at HH this past Easter and purchased shrimp and crabmeat from Barnacle Bill's - everything was fresh and top quality and CHEAP!!! (compared to NY prices!)

Hi,

Thanks for the heads up!! Yum!

Allison an associate

BB is great, but please,,,please,,,,please,,,,do not keep what you catch or buy fresh in the units freezer or fridge. We check in once to have that smell on all of our food. Housekeeping could not clean it out after several attemps. Everytime I took a sip out of a water bottle, whew. I hope people use a cheap cooler and ice.. those fridges at DVC do not keep cold enough for fresh meat anyway.

If you try a tomato sandwich, it has to be with "Dukes" mayo. You can get it at Harris Teeters. Don't ruin a fresh "mater" sandwich with Kraft or M. Whip.

GrammieMame- You forgot to tell the folks about the salt and pepper! And make mine on white toast please...

Ooh, summer is comin...

Someone else recommended Barnacle Bills, and I searched and found this thread, but it's about three years old. Does anyone have any recent info on BB? Is he still in the same spot as the directions state? Thanks in advance.

We visited Barnacle Bill exactly one year ago today on our first trip to HHI (I say first because although we haven't made it back yet, we DEFINITELY will be there again!) and his seafood is fantastic!

This thread is making me "homesick". Can't wait to visit HHI and Bill again.

Chris, Jean and Patrick

My sister-in-law just recommended Barnacle Bill's to us the other day. It is a must-stop for their family's annual trip. Can't wait to check it out next week. :cool1:

Thanks! We'll definitely have to try it. When we get to HHI, we instantly have a craving to eat fish all week when we're there.

I would love to check out this place. However, being directionally challenged, any landmarks that I will know I am getting ready to make that left turn (after already made a left from the resort onto the highway)?

Thanks!!

Drooling for a ripe tomato sandwich now! Don't forget to "drain" your tomato
slices on paper towels after you have salted/peppered them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter