Heads up if you have a package and modify for the new promos today

Pyxie

DIS Veteran
I just modified my stay in May for the 25% room discount promo. After, I happened to log in to check my future plans and saw that my park reservations that I had made previously were gone. This hasn't happened in the past when modifying a package. Luckily, I was able to get them back but just something to be aware of if you have a package and have already made reservations.

Were they gone from both the app and the website? Sometimes they disappear from one but not the other. Glad you saw it.

Were they gone from both the app and the website? Sometimes they disappear from one but not the other. Glad you saw it.

Yes, gone from both. And since I was able to remake them without getting an error, I'm guessing that means they were really gone.

Yes. If you modify a package you will have to re-do park reservations. I changed mine like 4 times before my upcoming trip and each time I had to re-do the park reservations.

This is the 2nd time I've modified. The first time was just to change dates and it did not automatically cancel the reservations (obviously I went in and did that manually because the old dates didn't work with the new package dates, but they were still there).

When I've modified my package in the past, it removed my park reservations and I had to rebook even though it was for the same dates.

I can confirm this is the case. I originally booked the new dining card promo for All Star Music at 5am this morning then realized half hour later that I'd be better off at All Star Sports. I had already booked my park reservations and when I modified my reservation to Sports I lost all of the park reservations and had to book them again. ps I switched to Sports because while Music is a beautiful resort, it has a really deep footprint and standard rooms are usually booked in Country or Broadway at the very back. I usually have late flights in and dark early morning flights out and the pathways are poorly lit. At Sports, I can always ask even at late night check in for a room in Hoops or maybe Touch Down and save 5 mins on the walk to and from the bus every day plus have a much more secure lit path for those dark walks on my own. YMMV. But that has been my experience the past 15 yrs plus.

I modified my reservation last night by calling, rather than doing it online, and none of my park reservations were lost. Confirmed with the person I spoke to and double checked in the app and online this morning.

Same thing happened to me when I modified to apply the discount. Back in 2021 I modified to change resorts and do not recall losing my theme park reservations.

Same thing happened to me when I modified to apply the discount. Back in 2021 I modified to change resorts and do not recall losing my theme park reservations.

I have never had to remake them after modifying for a promo and I pretty much do this every trip

Edit- I did have to when I modified the trip we are taking this summer

I can confirm this is the case. I originally booked the new dining card promo for All Star Music at 5am this morning then realized half hour later that I'd be better off at All Star Sports. I had already booked my park reservations and when I modified my reservation to Sports I lost all of the park reservations and had to book them again. ps I switched to Sports because while Music is a beautiful resort, it has a really deep footprint and standard rooms are usually booked in Country or Broadway at the very back. I usually have late flights in and dark early morning flights out and the pathways are poorly lit. At Sports, I can always ask even at late night check in for a room in Hoops or maybe Touch Down and save 5 mins on the walk to and from the bus every day plus have a much more secure lit path for those dark walks on my own. YMMV. But that has been my experience the past 15 yrs plus.
Thanks for the information regarding the path diferences between both resorts. I need to decide between Sports, Music or Movies so this was a helpful tibit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter