• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Heads up to anyone with multiple reservations at a Disney Hotel

I commented on another thread about how long it took us to check into DLH. We were trying to make it to EMH but the check in took so long that we missed it. That was our only time staying at DLH and I thought maybe it was a fluke but apparently not. The comments about the CM disappearing made me laugh - ours disappeared a couple times. I was so confused!!! He had a computer, he had room keys, he had a customer with a credit card... what else did he need? I've never checked into a hotel anywhere and had the person at the desk just disappear, let alone more than once. When he was present he was busy doing.... something... I'm not sure what. Lots of typing and mouse clicking and disappearing. He was very nice and pleasant but it was all a little unnerving. It seems so comical now.

I would advise to double check your reservations period! I made a payment on ours yesterday printed up the confirmation for the payment and noticed that they had changed my room type (staying at the grand) i have had this reservation since August, print up every email regarding payments and this was then only one with the new room type. Spent 45 minutes on hold finally got ahold of someone only to argue with them for 30 minutes with them telling me there was no record of anybody getting into the reservations and changing it and that this was what i reserved. Have stayed multiple times andni never ever do pool view, always always do a premium park view, ended up having to change the dang reservation for a hundred more.

I would advise to double check your reservations period! I made a payment on ours yesterday printed up the confirmation for the payment and noticed that they had changed my room type (staying at the grand) i have had this reservation since August, print up every email regarding payments and this was then only one with the new room type. Spent 45 minutes on hold finally got ahold of someone only to argue with them for 30 minutes with them telling me there was no record of anybody getting into the reservations and changing it and that this was what i reserved. Have stayed multiple times andni never ever do pool view, always always do a premium park view, ended up having to change the dang reservation for a hundred more.
I would take all of those reservation emails with you to the hotel and ask to speak to a manager. Be nice, but let them know that you had a specific room type that was changed and that they then charged you more. Now, as far as I can recall, premium park view and premium pool view are the same cost-wise and they don't guarantee you will get pool or park but you can make the request. However, there is no reason for them to charge you more for a park view unless they changed the category, and if you already had premium I don't see how they can charge you more for a reservation you already had.

I would take all of those reservation emails with you to the hotel and ask to speak to a manager. Be nice, but let them know that you had a specific room type that was changed and that they then charged you more. Now, as far as I can recall, premium park view and premium pool view are the same cost-wise and they don't guarantee you will get pool or park but you can make the request. However, there is no reason for them to charge you more for a park view unless they changed the category, and if you already had premium I don't see how they can charge you more for a reservation you already had.
Replying to my own post! In fact, if you have time, call them back and ask to speak to someone in charge (lead? manager? not sure what they're called). My rule of thumb if I don't get the answer I'm looking for is to call back and talk to someone else. I give it at least 3 tries. Tell them you have the emails that specifically reference your room category and request. I can see them not guaranteeing park view over pool view, but there is no reason I can think of for charging you more for it unless they've added another category tier. Even then, you have the email proof that you were given a specific price for that room type at booking.

I plan on it, i spent an hour with someone in the phone while making the reservation on line to make sure about the catagory of room and now it popped up as premium pool view, so they have changed the catagory and i talked to a supervisor yesterday and she was not budging on it at all even the fact that there was a note in the reservation on the area i preferred which was not even near a pool view it was either DTD or park view. It really came across as shady because of it being in July and the new land being open by then.

I plan on it, i spent an hour with someone in the phone while making the reservation on line to make sure about the catagory of room and now it popped up as premium pool view, so they have changed the catagory and i talked to a supervisor yesterday and she was not budging on it at all even the fact that there was a note in the reservation on the area i preferred which was not even near a pool view it was either DTD or park view. It really came across as shady because of it being in July and the new land being open by then.
Ooooooooh, July! That does complicate things! Well, I would definitely try at the hotel. I would never advocate for trying to get something you didn't deserve, but since you have the records to prove your point, they owe you the extra money you were forced to pay a couple of days ago to get the room you had already booked last August. Because this has cost you a lot of time and trouble, that's the least they owe. Don't just talk to a CM at the counter when you check in, either; explicitly ask for a manager. They'll probably want to try and deal with it themselves first but the front desk CMs are not authorized to do anything so just make an immediate request to go straight to a manager. Good luck! I recently had an experience that required a lot of back and forth and dealing with various CMs but they did offer me $150 in resort credit, which I was not expecting. I've had times when something went wrong somewhere, from little things to big, but DLR has always been generous in offering me compensation in some way; a better room, a character meal, etc. I'm not a demanding person but I want what I paid for; it has been Disney that has offered me more than that and I've accepted. Of course, I've been going for years--actually decades-- and spend a lot of money there, LOL. I almost always stay on site, so they may be more inclined to keep me happy :D.

Well, I think they just upgraded their reservation system/software, and that certainly didn’t help. It is absolutely over complicated. I just don’t understand it. It’s terrible customer service too.
:rotfl::rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl2:
I'm sorry..... but every time I hear that Disney "upgraded their systems" it makes me laugh hysterically!!! Disney is famous for NOT having systems that work.. and every time they try to "upgrade" .... it makes it worse!!! :eek:

Ooooooooh, July! That does complicate things! Well, I would definitely try at the hotel. I would never advocate for trying to get something you didn't deserve, but since you have the records to prove your point, they owe you the extra money you were forced to pay a couple of days ago to get the room you had already booked last August. Because this has cost you a lot of time and trouble, that's the least they owe. Don't just talk to a CM at the counter when you check in, either; explicitly ask for a manager. They'll probably want to try and deal with it themselves first but the front desk CMs are not authorized to do anything so just make an immediate request to go straight to a manager. Good luck! I recently had an experience that required a lot of back and forth and dealing with various CMs but they did offer me $150 in resort credit, which I was not expecting. I've had times when something went wrong somewhere, from little things to big, but DLR has always been generous in offering me compensation in some way; a better room, a character meal, etc. I'm not a demanding person but I want what I paid for; it has been Disney that has offered me more than that and I've accepted. Of course, I've been going for years--actually decades-- and spend a lot of money there, LOL. I almost always stay on site, so they may be more inclined to keep me happy :D.
We haven't stayed off site since they built the grand so we always book park view except the one time we stayed at paradise pier we had a standard view and they upgraded us. We usually arrive around 6 in the morning so my room area request is granted, it is just very frustrating when this happened i am just glad i caught it before we were actually there

I've never had issues with booking rooms but I always do it online. But often checking into the Disneyland hotel is not very efficient and sometimes unpleasant. Some of the front desk people I've dealt with seem more like airline employees then Disney cast members. About 3 years ago one lady was down right rude to me from the moment I walked up. Another cast member took over the check in process and gave me an upgrade. I guess due to the other's behavior and my obvious displeasure with it. But once your checked in there everything is usually fantastic. But they definitely need to work on the guest check in experience. Make it a little less like renting a car at the airport and more like the start of a wonderful experience. Especially considering the price you pay there.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter