Health tip

BobbiKK

Earning My Ears
We have traveled to WDW a lot in the last few years, and EVERYTIME my son (a young adult) gets sick--(sore throat, head cold) after about the 3rd-4th day. It never fails. Well, before our last trip I watched a TV news program (60 minutes, 48 hrs, dateline kind of show) about "hidden germs", like in the movie theaters, on shopping carts, etc. and they mentioned the metal bars in the queue areas that EVERYONE touches at amusement parks. So I brought with me one of those bottles of hand wash antiseptic--the kind you don't need to rinse off. (They come in mini sizes that fit easily into your pocketbook. I made sure we used it before we ate any food with our hands (popcorn, cotton candy, chips, etc. --any foods we ate where we didn't have the opportunity to get to a sink first-- and we used it all the time. For the first time ever, my son DID NOT GET SICK. I truly believe this did it for him. So don't ruin your vacation or that of your family--clean your hands before eating anything, and I bet you don't get sick either!

That is a wonderful idea. I will be taking some antibacterial hand lotion along in Sept. and will be using it often. Nothing is worse than being sick in WDW.

Cyndi

I am an Infection Control Nurse, so I give a big cheer to anyone who mentions hand hygiene (the new term we are using in hopsitals that includes hand washing with soap and water and use of waterless hand sanitizers).
Alcohol based antiseptic hand sanitizers (some are called hand rinses or hand rubs) are better choices than hand lotions. The active ingredient in the hand lotions is different and you get problems with build up of moisturizers on your hands. Alcohol products don't do a good job of removing soil, but they will kill most of the germs that you are likely to come across.

I will be packing hand sanitizer for sure!
It's so handy too.
thanks for the great tip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter