Healthy food at WDW

pirate33

Mouseketeer
DVC Gold
I like my visits to the DVC monorail loop resorts but am getting a bit frustrated that the food options are so limited, especially healthier options like salads. Ordering on Instacart from the local markets, like Publix, doesn’t offer that much more, unless I were to cook for myself (horrors!). I may need to do more food prep myself in the villa in the future with fresh ingredients but I would love to be able to just have a nice salad with some protein (e.g., grilled chicken) available. The salad with grilled chicken I had delivered from Publix was not very appealing. Based on prior experience, trying to order prepared food through DoorDash seems to be blocked. I’m sure I’m not alone. Ideas welcome!!

Last edited:
The last few trips I’ve been obsessed with the Heirloom Apple salad at GF Cafe

Heirloom Apple Salad $13​

Organic Baby Lettuce, Heirloom Apples, Sharp Cheddar, Pecan Brittle, and Crispy Prosciutto with a Honey-Apple Vinaigrette

It’s pretty hearty by itself. I’m wondering if they could add a protein from the kid sized portions of grill chicken, Salmon or steak? I’ll ask next trip.
————————————

The Mediterranean salad with chicken at ABC commissary - I love this one and keep going back every trip.

Mediterranean Salad with Chicken $13​

Marinated Chicken served over Mixed Greens with Tomatoes, Cucumber, Pepperoncini, Kalamata Olives, and Feta tossed in a Mediterranean Vinaigrette served with Hummus and Grilled Flatbread
—————————————

I also like Ale & Compass brunch. They have a great layout of fresh fruits, along with yogurts and pastries, etc. You’re welcome to as much as you’d like plus one decadent entree off the menu. .

F56E702B-2086-47BE-B9EC-FD25948CE8C8.jpeg

————————————

Over at Contempo Cafe is a decent Greek Salad for $11.29.

Greek Salad with Chicken​

Chilled Chicken Breast over Crispy Greens topped with Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Red Onion, Chickpeas, Olives, Feta, and Peppers with Vinaigrette Dressing

On the monorail loop:

Captain Cooks has a Superfood Salad (kale, cabbage, quinoa...)
Gasparilla Grill has a Caesar or Greek salad with or without chicken
Contempo Cafe has the same salads as above, a Kale salad and some healthier entrees.

The table service restaurants at these resorts all have some healthy options too.

As far as breakfasts, Trattori Platto on the Boardwalk has a great breakfast, listed under lighter options, of yogurt, granola, fruit, and honey.
One of my favorite entree salads used to be at Liberty Tree tavern, I think it was called the Declaration Salad. I'd have it every trip-now they just have that heavy turkey meal.

For breakfast, I do instacarts of fresh fruit, yogurt, and granola and/or oatmeal. In the summer, I'll order a whole large watermelon which usually lasts us at least 2 days. Also cherries, grapes, oranges, apples. We will cut those up and sometimes have a late night snack when we get back to the villa too.

We will bring oranges/grapes/cherries into the parks for snacks too.
For more savory snacks, we will get some veggies either pre-cut or easy to cut, maybe some hummus.

The vegetarian entrees at most sit down places are pretty decent. Also many QS will substitute steamed broccoli or green beans or a cutie tangerine for the fries.

I prefer to take Lyft to Publix, and I buy salad in a bag, precooked grilled chicken strips and whatever other ingredients (tomatoes, peppers, etc.) and dressing I want to add. Quick and easy to toss together, and of course while there you can get fresh fruit and whatever else you want. I stopped using Instacart after several bad experiences (orders cancelled with no notice or reason).

The vegetarian entrees at most sit down places are pretty decent. Also many QS will substitute steamed broccoli or green beans or a cutie tangerine for the fries.

Thanks! I've often wondered about that, simply because I dislike fries.

Also many QS will substitute steamed broccoli or green beans or a cutie tangerine for the fries.

I didn't know this. Great to know and I love broccoli!

Thanks everyone for the other ideas as well.

Art Smith's Homecomin' at Disney Springs has my favorite salad, the Fried Chicken Salad. I swap out grilled chicken and add avocado. It is a big salad and I often think I'll bring some of it back to the resort, but always end up finishing it !

The last few trips I’ve been obsessed with the Heirloom Apple salad at GF Cafe

Heirloom Apple Salad $13​

Organic Baby Lettuce, Heirloom Apples, Sharp Cheddar, Pecan Brittle, and Crispy Prosciutto with a Honey-Apple Vinaigrette

It’s pretty hearty by itself. I’m wondering if they could add a protein from the kid sized portions of grill chicken, Salmon or steak? I’ll ask next trip.
————————————

The Mediterranean salad with chicken at ABC commissary - I love this one and keep going back every trip.

Mediterranean Salad with Chicken $13​

Marinated Chicken served over Mixed Greens with Tomatoes, Cucumber, Pepperoncini, Kalamata Olives, and Feta tossed in a Mediterranean Vinaigrette served with Hummus and Grilled Flatbread
—————————————

I also like Ale & Compass brunch. They have a great layout of fresh fruits, along with yogurts and pastries, etc. You’re welcome to as much as you’d like plus one decadent entree off the menu. .

View attachment 805636

————————————

Over at Contempo Cafe is a decent Greek Salad for $11.29.

Greek Salad with Chicken​

Chilled Chicken Breast over Crispy Greens topped with Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Red Onion, Chickpeas, Olives, Feta, and Peppers with Vinaigrette Dressing
When is Ale & Compass brunch served? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter