• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Healthy quickservice

cinderella521

Earning My Ears
Hey all I have seen a couple threads about this before but have a few questions. I am traveling with a friend that is trying to eat healthy and lose some weight and I want to make that as easy as possible for her in the world. I have figured out what to do in Epcot for food but have no idea about Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom. Any suggestions? She's not a huge red meat eater and I don't want to stick her with salads all the time.

Thanks!!

Hi!

I don't have any advice, but I am following the Paleo lifestyle (no grains or dairy, eating REAL food) and I am very interested to hear what people have to say!

:goodvibes

Thanks!

A good bet for the Magic Kingdom would be Columbia Harbor House. Not only do they serve grilled salmon, vegetarian chili, and a hummus sandwich, but you can also get an actual, non-fried vegetable (broccoli) as a side dish...I'm not sure that such a thing even exists at any other CS restaurant in WDW! Check out the menu here: http://allears.net/menu/men_chh.htm

A good bet for the Magic Kingdom would be Columbia Harbor House. Not only do they serve grilled salmon, vegetarian chili, and a hummus sandwich, but you can also get an actual, non-fried vegetable (broccoli) as a side dish...I'm not sure that such a thing even exists at any other CS restaurant in WDW! Check out the menu here: http://allears.net/menu/men_chh.htm

CHH came to mind as well. You can swap out whatever you want for broccoli. It was wonderful to have something not dripping in cheese or butter.

I can't think of any other really green or healthy sides, besides straight up fruit.

They also have sushi at HS (Starring Rolls), although not terribly healthy with the rice, way better than a cheeseburger.

I also agree with PP and think CHH is s great option!

Sunshine Seasons and Tangierine Café in EP are good options as well. Actually TC is my favorite QS in WDW:goodvibes

Terri

ABC Commissary in DHS offers an Asian salad with chicken or salmon. They also have a coucous, quinoa and arugula salad on their menu.
Backlot Express has Southwest chicken salad, grilled vegetable sandwich, cantaloupe and cucumber salad, or grilled turkey sandwich on multigrain bread.
Definitely CHH in MK. The Plaza in MK is a TS restaurant, they have grilled chicken sandwiches, tuna salad sandwiches, chicken strawberry salad, vegetarian sandwich.

We are going to eat at some these because we dont want cheeseburgers or pizza or anything fried or heavy.

Hey all I have seen a couple threads about this before but have a few questions. I am traveling with a friend that is trying to eat healthy and lose some weight and I want to make that as easy as possible for her in the world. I have figured out what to do in Epcot for food but have no idea about Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom. Any suggestions? She's not a huge red meat eater and I don't want to stick her with salads all the time.

Thanks!!

I've had two of the above-mentioned sandwiches at Backlot, the grilled vegetable sandwich and grilled turkey sandwich . Very tasty!! They both had cheese, so if she wants to reduce the calories that could be eliminated.

CHH has the Lighthouse sandwich (hummus and broccoli slaw), also very good!

Cosmic Ray's in MK has a rotisserie chicken plate, w/ mashed potatoes and (usually) green beans. Good and moist chkn every time I've had it.

Pinocchio Village Haus now has a Caprese Flatbread. Haven't had it yet, but I hope it's as good as their former Veggie Pizza! Never saw good press for the old one, but we liked it. :confused:

Also for Epcot, Sunshine Seasons used to have a terrific Grilled Salmon plate, now it's just listed as Grilled Fish.

We are going to eat at some these because we dont want cheeseburgers or pizza or anything fried or heavy.

It can be done! We spent a week on the QS dining plan, and never had a single burger.

Have a great trip!! :flower3:

I also agree with PP and think CHH is s great option!

Sunshine Seasons and Tangierine Café in EP are good options as well. Actually TC is my favorite QS in WDW:goodvibes

Terri

Sunshine in Epcot definitely has the best options. We always eat there. Salads, wraps, etc.

We are doing The 100 now, which is basically Paleo (but you can have dairy). So when we go in Nov it will be interesting to see what we can find.

At AK, Flame Tree BBQ has the BBQ chicken Salad that is pretty good. I usually really enjoy BBQ- pulled pork, etc but not in the heat, and that salad was great.

I've had two of the above-mentioned sandwiches at Backlot, the grilled vegetable sandwich and grilled turkey sandwich . Very tasty!! They both had cheese, so if she wants to reduce the calories that could be eliminated.

The actual counter service place is called Studio Catering Company and the sandwiches there are really good (mine is the Tuscan Deli). It's confusing because it's located right next to the Backlot Tour but the Backlot Express is towards the front of the park next to Indiana Jones. The Studio Catering Company is one of our favorite places to sit and relax at the Studios. Just be mindful that the seating area is all outdoor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter