Hear me out on this...

Inferno Girl, I would imagine that if you continue to take the brave chance you did by posting here in the first place a bit more often, that open-mindeness would just follow as a matter of course. Exposure to the REAL people that populate this board will help you to change any preconceived notions that you admit are set in your mind by television and one exposure to a Love-in. You will meet people with children. People in dedicated and long-term relationships (closing in on 2 decades together here, as a matter of fact). People who have the same interests, the same worries, the same bills, the same concerns, the same good times, the same family frustrations and happiness. I applaud your daring move. I encourage you to continue to take the step you took here.

Ladies and gentlemen, the above is just one more reason why I love my Joe so much. 17+ years and counting.

Back when I lived in a larger city I attended many gay pride parades.

What got on the news?

Mom's and Dad's pushing kids in strollers?

People helping people with AIDS?

NO!

It's always the drag queens and guys in leather. So don't always believe what you see on TV. Go on with your trip, just avoid the parks of the day to avoid the crowds. I'm sure you will see many gay people just like you. Hard working Americans, families, who just want to enjoy Walt Disney World!

PS thanks for having the courage to at least come over here to ask your questions.

And this is exactly why I think Infernogirl is entitled to ask her questions. The media is notorious for putting all groups into the absolute worst possible light simply because it gets more viewers. They make the g/l/b/t community looks like absolute idiots whenever they can simply because it gets the ratings through shock value.

So, I don't find the question overly offensive.

In any case, Infernogirl, you should note that Gay Days or not, there are thousands of gay men and lesbians in the parks daily throughout the year. My partner and I were there just two weeks ago and we still did little displays of affection for each other when we felt like it. Just be aware that you'll see what you want when you're intentionally looking for it.

Ladies and gentlemen, the above is just one more reason why I love my Joe so much. 17+ years and counting.

Then get in the Nova and be quiet!

We're going to Disney World! You hot? Here, eat this Dairy Queen, that will cool you down!

Then get in the Nova and be quiet!

We're going to Disney World! You hot? Here, eat this Dairy Queen, that will cool you down!

I love Joe, but I'm not out of my mind. It's a 1970 Nova with no airconditioning, a radio that hisses and cracks, and the passenger window doesn't roll down.

I'll fly down and meet you people.

Inferno Girl, I would imagine that if you continue to take the brave chance you did by posting here in the first place a bit more often, that open-mindeness would just follow as a matter of course. Exposure to the REAL people that populate this board will help you to change any preconceived notions that you admit are set in your mind by television and one exposure to a Love-in. You will meet people with children. People in dedicated and long-term relationships (closing in on 2 decades together here, as a matter of fact). People who have the same interests, the same worries, the same bills, the same concerns, the same good times, the same family frustrations and happiness. I applaud your daring move. I encourage you to continue to take the step you took here.

BRAVO! U made me even prouder to be a gay!:goodvibes

And this is exactly why I think Infernogirl is entitled to ask her questions. The media is notorious for putting all groups into the absolute worst possible light simply because it gets more viewers. They make the g/l/b/t community looks like absolute idiots whenever they can simply because it gets the ratings through shock value.

I totally agree. The Chicago Gay Pride parade is televised locally. It is not shown live-they edit and show a half hour of highlights. Every year we watch it and wonder why aren't all the gay and lesbians and transgender people I know being represented? They only show the more provocative moments. It is sooo frustrating! :sad2:

I changed my post because I hadn't read the thread all the way through, and as does happen on these boards, I read the wrong tone in the OP. My first response was to tell you to just stay home if you have a problem with gay people. After reading your follow-up posts, OP, I see that you probably are just someone who has been given misinformation, and would like to clear it up.

As others have eloquently said before me, please don't let the media convince you that we are all crude and obnixious animals. (Don't get me wrong, we CAN be rude and crude! But not usually in our everyday lives. ;) )

To believe what you see in the media about gay folks would be a lot like me believing what I see in "Girls Gone Wild" about heterosexuals. It's just one extreme, and DEFINITELY not the norm.
Please do know that when you see us at the parks, we're just people like you. And know that if you see us holding hands or even sneaking a little kiss here or there, we're not trying to offend anyone. We just want to be able to share the magic with the person we love. (Just like you:) )

As for explaining things to your children (ie, your 5 year old), it's usually sufficient to just say that those people just love each other, the same way mommy and daddy love each other. From all accounts that I've been given, the kids just usually say something like "Oh, OK", and go on their merry way.
-Christal

Have we got to the part where we pick which person from TV we are?

Cuz I'm so Anderson Cooper. ;)

Mike...you were much nicer then I ever could be.

Alex_03.gif

I agree! WOW!

Can I be Tina Louise - if that's not taken?
If it is - dibs on Joey Heatherton.

I haven't been to Gay Days, so I can't answer you on that. However, same sex handholding, a peck on the lips, etc is really not a difficult thing to explain to kids. Love comes in all different colors, shapes, and sizes.

Oh dear. I'm afraid that Scott and I are Statler and Waldorf! :scared1: :happytv:

Though, I think I'd rather be Captain Jack Harkness.

To the OP,

Yes your thread was hijacked, sorry it happens a lot over here! :confused3

Put me down for Uncle Aurther I guess!:rotfl2:

To the OP,

Yes your thread was hijacked, sorry it happens a lot over here! :confused3

Put me down for Uncle Aurther I guess!:rotfl2:

Oooh! I didn't think of him!

Nevermind, it's a better fit for you, anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter