Heat, Humidity, and Our Favorite Disney Dog Was a Thug! LINK TO NEW PTR!!

Looks like a perfect pool afternoon!

I agree with you though, a crowded pool is not super appealing!!
It really was a great afternoon. :goodvibes

Yeah, a small pool filled with people is icky to me, but Willow was hang a great old time. :confused3

So cute. This TR makes me want to cruise!
You should! It's so fun!!! :woohoo:

Love the pool update! Reading more about cruising and seeing all of the pictures is making me want to take a cruise next year. My best friend and her family just came back from a cruise and Olivia saw the pictures and is now demanding we do a cruise next year. I found it kind of funny because before she was set on not taking one.
:laughing: You should totally do it - it is so much fun. And, honestly, I think Willow would be just as happy to cruise as to go to a park - sometimes she prefers DCL.

Can't wait to read more. I've been showing Olivia several of the pictures to get her used to the idea of cruising.
Sorry for how long it's taking me to get this TR finished - life just gets in the way at times. :confused3 :laughing:

Your Oregon trip looks like it was fun! All the food looks delicious - a donut covered in M&M's? Can't go wrong with that ;)
It was a really fun little spring trip. ::yes::

The mystery looks really neat! Do you think it's something two adults (that are big kids at heart) would have fun doing on their own, or is it really directed more at children?
Oh, I think you would love doing the mysteries - it's such a great way to explore the ship. And I think the three different ones have varying difficulty levels too.

I'm reading another TR of someone aboard the Fantasy and it's kind of neat because they're almost opposite TR's - they are on their honeymoon and spending all of their time in those lounges and stuff that you posted a few pics of, like Ooh La La. I love getting to see so much of the ship through these two TR's!
:laughing: Polar opposite DCL reports! I love it!

That mystery activity sounds like so much fun!!!! The more I read this report, the more I want to cruise........I just think that I would be :sick:.........:confused3
You know, a lot of people wear those behind-the-ear patches throughout the cruise. Would something like that help you?

Loving your trip report! I am a year and half from my 40th birthday and I just told DH that 5 days of WDW followed by the Fantasy sounds like the right gift!! Thanks to your trip report.
That's awesome! It really is the perfect vacation - wear yourself out at WDW and then relax and enjoy with DCL. Perfection!

Following along.
Thanks for reading!!!! :goodvibes

Love the baby blanket! So cute! When my sister decides on a nursery theme, I'll have to order one.
Aw - thanks, Amanda! I was really happy with how it turned out. And it is soooooo soft.

Looks like y'all were having a fun but relaxed day!
Love those relaxing DCL days. :cloud9:

I love the Detective Agency game. It's really cute & fun. We've solved all 3 cases now so I'll be curious if Reid still wants to do it next summer.
We had a lot of fun with it. I bet Reid will want to do them again. ::yes::

Costa Maya did have the most beautiful water, right? I could've just stared at it all day. I'm glad we didn't get off there though. The family members that did had a horrible excursion. To the point where they complained to Disney. And I heard another man complaining at Guest Services about their excursion there also.
Really???? What happened? Yikes!

We always used the front elevators since our cabin was forward. I also hate that you have to walk thru the adult area. I just told Reid to be quiet and we walked fast. LOL!
That's exactly what we did! :rotfl2:

Once again, here I am apologizing for my slow updating. :headache: I was sick pretty much all of last week and just couldn't face being on the computer in the evenings. Starting to feel better now and want to try to get some updates done! I just realized that we leave on our next trip in just 2 and 1/2 months!!!!! :scared1: So, here we go......

Family Portraits​

Tuesday, August 20, 2013
Sunrise: 6:33AM
Sunset: 7:14PM
Port: Costa Maya, Mexico
Evening Attire: Cruise Casual
All Ashore: 1:00PM
All Aboard: 5:30PM
Tuesday: Overcast, High of 82
Wednesday: Partly Cloudy, High of 84

After a leisurely afternoon in the pool, Princess Willow showered and got all dressed up to go to tonight’s show, which was Wishes described as follows: “On the eve of their graduation, three best friends go on a magical journey down the wishing well. A host of Disney characters help them discover the connection between children who are becoming adults, and adults who stay in touch with being a kid at heart.” We went to the 6:15 show.

We really enjoyed the show. :thumbsup2

Afterward, there were tons of character meets going on in the atrium so we headed in there. I mentioned before that the photographers onboard are professional photographs and that the price for pictures and/or CD is HIGH. One of the perks though is that they have photographers set up in the evenings to do family portraits! We have NEVER had our family portraits done before, so when I spotted the set-up for this, we headed right over there. And we were the second family in line. Which was a REALLY good thing, because getting the portraits done takes a while, and when we were finished, the line was absolutely huge - huge enough that I doubt we would have done it at all. So please indulge me as I share some of our family portraits from the Fantasy.

I am so glad that we did this! We hadn’t planned it for this night so weren’t really dressed with photos in mind, but I am still pretty happy with how they came out. And having some family portraits made the cost of the CD totally worth it - especially combined with all the beautiful character photos we got as well!

Up Next: More Characters!

More Characters!​

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

After getting our portraits made, we headed right over to get in line to meet Buzz Lightyear!

This is what the line for the portraits looked like now! :scared:

We didn’t wait long for Buzz though!

When we were done with Buzz, we were hoping to just go to the end of the line and thereby be one of the first families to see Woody when he came out. However, they were not starting to line up for Woody yet - still Buzz; the CM said that she would tell us when they were starting to line people up for Woody. I couldn’t really believe that she could remember to do that or even remember who we were, but okay! :laughing:

As always, there was a very celebratory atmosphere in the atrium tonight with music playing and people dancing. We had a great time dancing together!

They have these cool screens that keep you in the know on what characters are out and when.

And would you believe it? That CM I mentioned earlier DID let us know when the line was starting for Woody, so we managed to be the second family in line. :thumbsup2

Up Next: More Dining

BEAUTIFUL family portraits!!! Totally worth it! I love the one where you're both laying down!

Awesome character fun! And how nice of that CM to let you know when to get in line for Woody. The customer service on DCL really sounds amazing.

Hope you are feeling a lot better by now!

Beautiful family pictures and all your character pics are just so cute. I really got a lot out of your photo CD! :thumbsup2

Sorry you're sick! :( I'm glad you're feeling better, though!

I LOVE those family portraits! Absolutely beautiful!

I also love the background in the Buzz and Woody pics. And the border with Hamm in the Goofy hat! :yay:

i'm so excited you're back and hope you're feeling lots better now!

I love the family portraits--they look great!

willow is so cute with buzz and woody. she looks so tiny next to them! the backdrop and the borders make the pictures so fun!

Hey,there, I'm finally caught up!! Loving your pictures!

The mermaid makeover was so cute!
Loved the Spring Break mini TR, looks fun!

I've got to get started on your latest DL TR!

And the family photos from the cruise are so cute!!

Hi there! :wave:

Behind once again (the story of my life :upsidedow) But now all caught up!!! Beautiful pictures as usual:thumbsup2 I love the fact that Willow sports those princess dresses with such confidence and style.

By the way.....LOVE your tickers!!!! There's always a Disney trip on the books, isn't it??!! :laughing: It's a sickness, ya know?...(that I have, too)

Happy Sunday!
Heather

Great family photos! And, it's so cool how many characters they manage to get on the ship! So fun!

BEAUTIFUL family portraits!!! Totally worth it! I love the one where you're both laying down!
Thanks - that's one of my faves too. I think I would have dressed better had I planned to do the pics that night, but I'm glad we just jumped at the opportunity while there was no line. :thumbsup2

Awesome character fun! And how nice of that CM to let you know when to get in line for Woody. The customer service on DCL really sounds amazing.
We really had some fun character meets on the Fantasy, and nothing (NOTHING) beats the customer service on DCL. :woohoo:

Hope you are feeling a lot better by now!
Thanks Karin! I am about 75%, which is a lot better than I was. :laughing:

Beautiful family pictures and all your character pics are just so cute. I really got a lot out of your photo CD! :thumbsup2
It really worked well for my to pre-pay for the CD - it made me make a better effort at getting pics. ::yes::

Sorry you're sick! :( I'm glad you're feeling better, though!
Thanks! It was a really bad week, and I'm still not totally better, but at least I can scroll on the computer without feeling like I'm going to pass out. :laughing:

I LOVE those family portraits! Absolutely beautiful!
Thank you - I was pretty happy with them considering that we didn't plan ahead, didn't wear anything special, barely used make-up, etc. :laughing:

I also love the background in the Buzz and Woody pics. And the border with Hamm in the Goofy hat! :yay:
I LOVED those backgrounds they set up! And the DCL borders are so cute.

i'm so excited you're back and hope you're feeling lots better now!
Thanks! I have GOT to get these two TRs wrapped up in the next two months - no way can I add another one to the mix. :scared1:

I love the family portraits--they look great!
Awww - thank you!

willow is so cute with buzz and woody. she looks so tiny next to them! the backdrop and the borders make the pictures so fun!
DCL really did a nice job with the character meets. I thought the pictures all came out so nice. ::yes::

Hey,there, I'm finally caught up!! Loving your pictures!
Hey! Good to see you! Are you already back from another trip or leaving on one? I can't keep track! :laughing:

The mermaid makeover was so cute!
I love that they do something a little different at the DCL BBB!

Loved the Spring Break mini TR, looks fun!
Thanks! It was a really fun little trip. I just love getting back to the ocean.

I've got to get started on your latest DL TR!
I hope you have time to join in! I am having so much fun writing about our fun birthday trip! :woohoo:

And the family photos from the cruise are so cute!!
Thanks! I'm so glad that we stopped to get them done.

Hi there! :wave:
Hi Heather!!!

Behind once again (the story of my life :upsidedow) But now all caught up!!! Beautiful pictures as usual:thumbsup2 I love the fact that Willow sports those princess dresses with such confidence and style.
I'm going to be so glad to see the princess dresses go - I know it's coming soon. She has already cut way down on the number of days that she wears them. :(

By the way.....LOVE your tickers!!!! There's always a Disney trip on the books, isn't it??!! :laughing: It's a sickness, ya know?...(that I have, too)
A sickness you know a little something about!!! :laughing: That said, I am SUPER-excited for our upcoming trips!!! :woohoo:

Great family photos! And, it's so cool how many characters they manage to get on the ship! So fun!
We loved the DCL character meets. We didn't do a lot on our first cruise, and I'm so glad we made the time for them this time. Such fun!

Hi DIS friends! I am going to try to be a little more on the ball with the updates here. I think that this will make me once-a-week again, so that’s not too terrible! With another trip coming up in 2 months, and two TRs going at the same time, I do know that I need to step up my DIS game though!

Wanted to show you the latest shirts I made for Willow for our upcoming trip. She loves them - she’s my biggest fan!

On with the update!!!!

More Dining​

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

After we had spent some time with Buzz and Woody, it was time for dinner! We were back in Royal Court tonight for the Prince & Princess Menu. When we entered the restaurant, all of the CMs up front acted like Willow was a true princess, and one of them took her by the hand and straight to our table.

Juice and water were waiting for Princess Willow.

We had a really great time together here tonight.

Willow’s dinner was no surprise. (I swear - she does not eat like this at home!)

I enjoyed a tasty salad to start.

I had the lamb for my entree. I don’t eat a LOT of lamb because it’s just not my favorite, but my mom had gotten the lamb on the Wonder, and it had been divine. This, however, was disgusting - very fatty and just gross.

Willow decided on a Mickey bar for dessert. Always perfect!

I had some kind of chocolatey something.

Clearly, this was a fun night!

Willow had planned to go to the club again tonight, but we were finishing up at about the same time. Still, she wanted me to take her up to the counselors. So I did and signed her in. And then she changed her mind since I was going to be leaving too. She decided to come with me.

We noticed in the Navigator that Minnie was going to be greeting guests at 9:30, so we got in line to see her. We were thinking that we would finally meet Princess Minnie since we had spotted her out earlier, but she appeared in her sailing attire instead. She was amazing though! She literally RAN down these stairs. I was actually terrified that she was going to trip and fall! :scared1: Thankfully, she did not.

After this meet, it was past 9:30 and we were pretty beat. There was still a ton of stuff going on on the ship - a big Fiesta party with Donald (10:15), live music (10:45), family karaoke (11:15) - but there was no way we were going to make those things. We were beat from a day of fun and sun! So we headed back to our stateroom, which was all ready for us.

I think we put on Mulan 2 for a while and then drifted off to sleep to the calm rocking of the Fantasy.

Up Next: Some Morning Errands and Swimming

Glad you are feeling better now Roni! And another Disney trip how fun! I have one already booked and another one soon to be booked. And hopefully a cruise to be booked too! The shirts look awesome! I did a few foe Olivia when I took her in 2010 but bop never made her anymore. I got slack on them. Speaking of TR, I need to update mine. Maybe tomorrow morning in between taking a break from doing accounting homework. Lol. Looks like Minnie was going to fall, but if that was me I would not have fallen I would have slipped down half the stairs. But glad she made it down all safe and sound!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

LOVE the cupcake shirts, as you know ;)

You will see no judgment here. Disney mac n cheese is the BEST.

Ugh, that lamb doesn't look great :( but it really does look like you guys had a ball and that matters most!

Sailor Minnie is so adorable!

Caught back up here again.
Your poolside afternoon looked delightful. The pool was looking a bit full, I agree. And sitting and relaxing with a good book sounds like a sweet idea.

Your meat did look a bit fatty. I am not a lamb eater either (unless it is mixed with beef in a Gyro, or chopped up in small pieces in my Grandma's pasty recipe).

What a lovely evening. All your pictures look wonderful. You really do seem to meet a lot of the characters without much of a wait.

Your family portraits look absolutely beautiful! I love the fact that they do that on cruises. DH and I usually try to get them done - we always get there early because as you noticed, the lines can be insane! We actually got engaged on a cruise (Carnival) and so we definitely had to make sure we did portraits after that :)

What an awesome CM to remember you for meeting Woody! Disney really does have the best people that work for them.

Your dinner looks nice, but what a shame about the lamb. It really does look pretty disappointing... I can't stand a fatty meat and I've never seen lamb look like that! The desserts looked pretty tasty though ;)

Roni, I'm super impressed!! I just love those cupcake shirts!!! Have you made yourself one to match??? I wanted to order matching shirts for the family but didn't get around to it....we leave next Tuesday, so it's probably a little late :upsidedow

Great pics once again!!! Hope you have a fabulous Wednesday!
Heather

Cute new cupcake shirts! Love them!
Looks like lots of fun poolside!
The character meets on the ships are the best! I think your family hoots turned out awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter