Heat, Humidity, and Our Favorite Disney Dog Was a Thug! LINK TO NEW PTR!!

I love Daisy's cruise outfit! The character meets just look so great on the cruise.

BBB looks awesome and I love the mermaid makeover. I think it's very cruise-appropriate and it's cool that they have something a little different from the princess makeovers!

The Princess meets were too adorable! And I'm glad that they were able to accommodate you at BBB bc of guessing Willow's size wrong :thumbsup2. The mermaid package is cute and perfect for being on a cruise.

I can't believe we are 39 days out!:banana: I gotta get back to posting on my PTR, it's my first and I've been bad about not posting!

I have never seen Daisy in that outfit before on the ships. Too cute! Clearly, we do not spend a lot of time with characters on the ship. :rotfl2:

Willow's mermaid makeover is absolutely adorable!! I love it!

Hello!!! We are back from our fun little spring break trip, and I am trying to catch up on everything around the house and back at work tomorrow. AND on the DIS!!! :laughing: I hope to get caught up on everyone's TRs and update my TRs very soon. :woohoo:

Willows mermaid make over is so cute! I love that it's something different then you'd get at the parks. Madison got that necklace when she did her mermaid makeover at pirates league and LOVES it! I'm constantly having to look through the dress up stuff for it (she's good at putting it away, just not where it goes. Bottom of the toybox isn't really where we keep dress up jewelry, believe it or not.....:rolleyes: )
:laughing: Kids!!! :laughing:

I really liked the mermaid make-over; nice and simple but cute. :thumbsup2

The meet with daisy was cute. I love the border on the picture--so bright and fun!
I like the DCL picture borders. I do, however, wish there was an option to have the pics without them as well as with them - it makes them hard to frame or create items with them. :confused3

ooooh, all those princesses and a mermaid!!!! Lovely :goodvibes
It was quite a fancy day! princess: :laughing:

Mermaid Willow!!!!!!!!!!! :love::love::love:
Awww - thanks! We really enjoyed the BBB at sea. ;)

Awww very cute and I love how it's cruised themed :)
Thanks! It was a lot of fun. :woohoo:

LOVE mermaid Willow! That is such a cute idea especially if you have already done the princess BBB. Very practical on a cruise too! So cute!!
Yep - we really liked the mermaid option! :thumbsup2

Just catching up...I've gotten sidetracked lately.
I can totally relate! :laughing: Hope everything is okay with you. :goodvibes

What a line for the Princess meet?? Of course, it's not as bad when they do spend so much time with each child! I can never remember how any CM manages to remember anyones name. We've had it happen a couple of times and all I can think is "how do you do that?". Heck sometimes I can't manage to call each DD by the right name! I always wonder if there is some special meeting in the morning for the CM's where they go through pictures of guests and get quized on names! :rotfl: I know that's the only way I'd be able to remember!
:laughing: I know what you mean! Some days, I'm not even sure of my own name!!!! :laughing:

That BBB make-over is too cute!! Oh my goodness! My girls would love that and I think the mermaid is even better since it's a little more casual and suited to the occasion than being dressed up in a big dress. Besides...who doesn't want to walk around with a mermaid tail??
::yes:: It was really the perfect make-over to do on the ship. I let Willow choose ahead of time, but she was sold on the mermaid idea immediately and never wavered. :laughing:

Spent most of the day reading this report from the beginning! Usually I just skim trip reports but really enjoying yours :) Willow is so adorable and your interactions are so fun to read about!! Looking forward to the rest! :goodvibes
Oh, thank you so much! I'm so glad that you have enjoyed it so far and hope you will continue to read and post. :goodvibes

Very cute!!

The suit was adorable. I am sure Willow got quite a kick out of watching the colors change, too.
It was a really fun and cute experience. Willow loves the clip and necklace and the way they change color. ::yes::

I can't believe it's taken me so long to find this TR. It's great! Willow is adorable and seems like such a fun kid. You're doing great with sewing! I'm trying to learn, and it's so much more involved than I expected. We're hoping for a similar vacation next year, a week at WDW followed by a 7-day cruise. The cruise seems like a perfect way to relax after the craziness of WDW!

I'll definitely be sticking around!
Welcome, Kelly! Thanks so much for joining in!!! :goodvibes I will have to check out your TR too. :woohoo:

How exciting that you are learning sewing as well - I just love it so much!

Doing a cruise after a stay at WDW was just heavenly. I am planning to repeat the experience in 2015. :goodvibes

I love the mermaid makeover....so cute!
Thanks Jill! :goodvibes

What a cute mermaid!! Perfect BBB choice for a cruise!! :goodvibes
We both really enjoyed the whole BBB at sea experience. :thumbsup2

I love Daisy's cruise outfit! The character meets just look so great on the cruise.

BBB looks awesome and I love the mermaid makeover. I think it's very cruise-appropriate and it's cool that they have something a little different from the princess makeovers!
DCL does a very nice job with character meets. They are incredibly organized for obvious reasons, but they remain super-fun. :woohoo:

I'm glad Willow chose the mermaid one (and not just because it was less expensive :rotfl2:) - it was great to do something different!

The Princess meets were too adorable! And I'm glad that they were able to accommodate you at BBB bc of guessing Willow's size wrong :thumbsup2. The mermaid package is cute and perfect for being on a cruise.
It was a really fun experience for both of us. :goodvibes

I can't believe we are 39 days out!:banana: I gotta get back to posting on my PTR, it's my first and I've been bad about not posting!
Good grief - you are so close!!!! :woohoo: Well, I'm so terrible with PTRs that I didn't even realize you had one. I don't know why, but I just can't keep up with them - I tried to do one once, and it was pathetic. I probably posted 5 things in it. :rotfl2:

I have never seen Daisy in that outfit before on the ships. Too cute! Clearly, we do not spend a lot of time with characters on the ship. :rotfl2:

Willow's mermaid makeover is absolutely adorable!! I love it!
Hi Amanda! So funny how different Reid and Willow are when it comes to characters. :laughing:

Thanks! She had a lot of fun at the BBB. :thumbsup2

Hello! So as some of you know, Willow and I were on Spring Break last week (and, thus, completely off the DIS grid). We had a great time visiting Portland, Oregon and Seaside, Oregon. If I can get my act together, I may post a little info about where we went and some pics. We shall see :confused3 However, for now, on with an UPDATE!!!! pixiedust:

A Fancy Lunch​

Tuesday, August 20, 2013
Sunrise: 6:33AM
Sunset: 7:14PM
Port: Costa Maya, Mexico
Evening Attire: Cruise Casual
All Ashore: 1:00PM
All Aboard: 5:30PM
Tuesday: Overcast, High of 82
Wednesday: Partly Cloudy, High of 84

After Willow’s mermaid make-over, we were going to head back to the room because I wanted to get a shower in before we did anything else today.

However, when we got there, our room host was cleaning our room. We were just going to hang out for 10 minutes until it was done and decided to take a little walk. We caught a glimpse of Costa Maya from Deck 11.

Pretty soon, we decided that we’d just go get lunch. So we headed down to Deck 3 and Royal Court to try out their table-service lunch.

We had SO much fun at lunch! The food was great. The environment here is wonderful. We had a great server. And we were just having a really fun time together.

The murals in Royal Court are beautiful.

Look who joined us for lunch!

Willow’s lunch choice will come as no surprise. :rolleyes:

I had a tasty bun-less burger.

I guess we went on a bathroom break before dessert. Clearly, Princess Willow could not pass up a royal throne on the way through the Guest Relations area.

And who can say no to a Mickey bar????

Aren’t the place-settings cute for dinner?

Yet another attempt at a porthole picture!

I think Miss Willow was very happy with her BBB experience. :laughing:

Up Next: A Mystery

Okay, I am giving up! ;)

Now, guess where we had lunch on Costa Maya day? YES, Royal Court. I cannot believe how often we have been at the same place without running into each other. :lmao:
Oh, and you did not miss anything if you did not go into Costa Maya - that was the biggest disappointment to us.

Willow looks so super cute in her mermaid outfit and she seems to have so much fun at lunch.

Oh, and ................. WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!!!! :goodvibes

I’m glad you had a great spring break getaway!

Those murals are stunning. And I think Willow gets cuter with every picture you post. Has she asked for her own royal throne yet? I think she needs one. ;)

I'm glad you guys had a great spring break! I have a friend who goes to school in Portland and I keep meaning to get out there at some point, but on a college budget cross-country trips are tough. I'd love to see pictures, though!

Lunch looks great! I am with Willow. Disney mac and cheese is better than any other mac and cheese. I just love that Cinderella mosaic with the throne!

Love her Mermaid Makeover! How cute is that bathing suit!? Glad you had a good time at lunch! Your burger looks yummy! (I often eat mine without the bread!)

What a treat to have lunch in the MDR!! I'm hoping to do that a few times....nice to get table service!! :)

Welcome back!! Glad you had a great trip!
Fun update! Looks like a fun little restaurant.
Willow's suit is just too cute!!!

A royal throne and a Mickey bar at lunch? Could it get any better??? :lmao:

I think we would all feel a little better about our days if we could sit in a royal throne and eat a Mickey bar after lunch.

Your burger looks good. I often eat mine without the bun - thinking that getting rid of the bread might help get rid of a few pounds. So far that train of thought hasn't worked.....:confused3

Christine

Gahh, I have so much catching up to do!!

I love all of the character pics! Good to know that the lines can get long if we ever get to do DCL. That's definitely one major thing that sets Disney apart!

Mmm, cruise food! It looks so delicious. And at first I was like, "aww, Willow ditched you!" but then I thought about how nice it might be to relax by yourself - reading and a glass of wine sounds pretty awesome to me! Especially Rosa Regale and that awesome seat! I love some good "me" time. Maybe they need a husbands club on the next cruise so I can get some of that! ;)

The soda machines are a big plus as well. Other cruises charge for soda, which drives me nuts. I'm a soda addict but I'm not paying a ton of money for something that should be so cheap, so I often go without soda on cruises :(

That beaded bag your mom made is amazing! Crafting obviously runs in the family!

That champagne brunch looks incredible. Do you mind if I ask how much it cost?

Oh my, the characters in their formal wear! I love it! Minnie looks gorgeous. I really like her peacock feathers! And that's too funny about Willow asking them if they were married. Mickey and Minnie have been together for quite awhile... time to put a ring on it, Mickey!

I'm getting so jealous of your cruise! Haha animator's looks so good. I love all of the décor!

Good for you for juggling two TR's! I've been debating whether I want to start my February TR, while I'm still doing my Dec. one. Like you I'm worried I'll forget some of the details if I wait too long.

I want to ride the Aquaduck! That looks like so much fun.

As I mentioned on your other TR, those cupcake shirts are so cute! I have a feeling they would be really popular with people. Who doesn't love Disney and cupcakes??

Gorgeous toes! I've only gotten a pedicure twice in my life - once for prom, and once for my wedding. But it was heavenly both times! I just can never bring myself to spend the money, but a cruise seems like the perfect time to splurge!

Ahhh I love Princesses! Don't know if I would wait quite that long, but what an awesome meet and greet. And that's a fantastic Snow White, remembering Willow's name and all! What special experience.

The mermaid make over is so darn cute! When will they have BBB for grown-ups?? Haha.

I am getting a kick out of all the mac and cheese that Miss Willow is eating! Hey, when you love something you love it, so don't pass it up, right?

I can't take how absolutely adorable willow is in her mermaid outfit! she looks so incredibly happy and like she is having the best day of her life! what a great mom you are! (apparently we should remember these moments for when the teen years strike! :lmao: )

that throne is AWESOME! who wouldn't want to sit there! the ship is so pretty! I don't think I'll want to leave it when we finally get to cruise.

Okay, I am giving up! ;)

Now, guess where we had lunch on Costa Maya day? YES, Royal Court. I cannot believe how often we have been at the same place without running into each other. :lmao:
No way!!!!! I just can't believe it - seems like we were in some kind of slapstick comedy, you turn the corner when we walk in, etc. How funny!

Oh, and you did not miss anything if you did not go into Costa Maya - that was the biggest disappointment to us.
Really? I need to remember that for next time. I think we are doing the same itinerary in 2015 - I think I'll plan at least one excursion for that trip. :thumbsup2

Willow looks so super cute in her mermaid outfit and she seems to have so much fun at lunch.
Thanks! We had a wonderful time together at lunch that day. :lovestruc

Oh, and ................. WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!!!! :goodvibes
Thank you!!!!

I’m glad you had a great spring break getaway!

Those murals are stunning. And I think Willow gets cuter with every picture you post. Has she asked for her own royal throne yet? I think she needs one. ;)
Thank you!

:laughing: I'm sure it's only a matter of time before she has a throne in her room. :rolleyes: :laughing:

I'm glad you guys had a great spring break! I have a friend who goes to school in Portland and I keep meaning to get out there at some point, but on a college budget cross-country trips are tough. I'd love to see pictures, though!
I hope you get to visit sometime - it's a very fun and interesting town. I am going to post a little mini-TR after I get done with replies! :woohoo:

Lunch looks great! I am with Willow. Disney mac and cheese is better than any other mac and cheese. I just love that Cinderella mosaic with the throne!
Lunch was so fun! And boy, does she love that mac and cheese! :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter