• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Heat in your Resort Room

Mitzicat

DIS Veteran
With the recent chilly (ok cold) temps in Florida I have been reading a lot of posts about folks not getting heat out of the wall units even though they've upped the temp on the thermostat. I wanted to share my experience from Dec 2017 when it was so cold we had hats, gloves, and winter coats on. I am from Maryland and somewhat used to chillier temps but when it drops into the upper 20s...it's cold.

We stayed at CBR and couldn't understand why the wall unit wasn't pumping out hot air when we set the temp to 78. We called maintenance asking if maybe we were doing something wrong and they sent a serviceman out in about 10 mins. He joked that they normally don't get calls for the rooms being too cold - it's normally the opposite - rooms too hot. He also joked that they all jump on the rooms being too cold calls - because they are so rare. He fixed the issue and said that the wall units have a range temp and during the winter months they set it higher, but not high enough to deal with 20/30 degree nights. That's not typical for Florida.

Bottom line if you are cold in your room during the winter months - call - they will fix it. As soon as he left the warm are was already filling the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter