Heating pad - can you take one on the ship?

Tink113

DIS Veteran
I have a chronic health condition that almost zero medicines help with. The best thing to help in a flare is my vibrating heating pad. Will I be able to bring it on the ship?

Nope! Part of the list..

Additionally, the following items are restricted for safety reasons and should not be brought on board:

• Electrical appliances and components
    • Blenders
    • Bottle sterilizers and warmers (A limited number of approved bottle warmers and bottle sterilizers are available upon request through Guest Services)
    • Coffee makers
    • Diffusers
    • Electric blankets
    • Electric irons and steamers (all ships offer self-service laundry facilities equipped with irons and ironing boards)
    • Extension cords, power strips and surge protectors
    • Heating pads

I have been told by the special services that there are heating pads in the medical center that are available for use and/or purchase.

The link in the original post doesn't work (for me). However, the expanded link that's in my quote does. :confused3

EDIT: Well, when I responded that's how it worked. Now it works in both.
Usually I'm the one that things don't work for. Wonders of a 17 year old computer running Windows 7 with multiple warnings about me using software that is no longer supported.,

A hot water bottle might work, too. You can get hot water in cups from the drinks station (where it’s for tea) or through room service. Just be careful when transferring the hot water!

I have a chronic health condition that almost zero medicines help with. The best thing to help in a flare is my vibrating heating pad. Will I be able to bring it on the ship?
No but you can request one from Guest Services. Someone on our Fantasy sailing shared they did this just last week. They also said it was a very good quality heating pad.

A heating pad also helped me for a while, but now the pain began even worse in my back and I can't sleep at all, so I'm thinking of changing it to a better one
Finding a good strong heating pad is difficult now. They all seem weak and worthless. I guess they are worried about lawsuits. I still use an old one that my mom had. It’s probably over 30 years old. I am sure it will burn down the house at some point, but at least I won’t be in pain🤣

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter