Heigh Ho, Heigh Ho, it's off to the CSR we go! A Feb PTR 2/28 Trip report started!!!

dizneeat

DIS Veteran
:woohoo: Guess it's time to start another pre-trip report! :woohoo:

Let me introduce the cast:

DB Tom, :surfweb: who works for the post office all year long and lives for our trips to Disney.
Me, Karin, :teacher: I work as a teacher in a small village in Upper Austria and plan our trips to Disney.

We have been to Disneyland, the park that started our :love: for Disney parks in 1992 several times and have been travelling to WDW at least once a year since 1999. :goodvibes
We started taking two trips to WDW in 2007 and ever since have been taking a week long vacation in February to escape the cold here in Austria :thumbsup2 and a 4 week long one in August/September. :cloud9:
In 2009 we "discovered" Disney cruise line and have taken 3 cruises so far.

Here's us with one of our friends on board the Disney Wonder!

IMG_6606.jpg

Trip planning:
We started thinking about taking this trip when we arrived for our summer vacation last August and since our 180 day mark was close we booked a week long stay at Pop Century, hoping to upgrade to a moderate resort IF and WHEN an AP discount would become available.

Well, ...................

that day was today and we are now officially booked at

CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT in a water view room from February 20 - 26!

So, it's time to get this show on the road! :dance3:

Table of contents:
Where we'll stay!
Updated Resort plans

Day by day planning:
Day 1, Saturday, February 19
Day 2, Sunday, February 20, Part 1- first try
Day 2, Sunday, Februry 20, Part 1 - Updated!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo:
Day 2, February 20, Part 1 - FINAL plans!
Day 2, Sunday, February 20, Part 2
Day 3, Monday, February 21
Day 4, Tuesday, February 22, Part 1
Day 4, Tuesday, February 22, Part 2
Changed plans for Day 4!
Day 5, Wednesday, February 23, Part 1
Day 5, Wednesday, February 23, Part 2
Day 6, Thursday, February 24, Part 1
Day 6, Thursday, February 24, Part 2
Day 7, Friday, February 25, Part 1
Day 7, Friday, February 25, Part 2
Day 8, Saturday, February 26
Day 9, Sunday, February 27

I'm here and I'm subbing! :hug: Can't wait. Now we're going to have to get down to some real planning for our big meet(s)!!!

I'm joining in. I love your dining reviews and it always looks like you guys have such fantastic trips. Can't wait to see what's in store this time.popcorn::

Aww...we love cruising with Disney, too, but it's been SO LONG!! And I am going in Feb, too, to see my BFF!! Sounds like you guys are pros at this stuff, so I can't wait to hear what you have planned! :thumbsup2

I'm here and I'm subbing! :hug: Can't wait. Now we're going to have to get down to some real planning for our big meet(s)!!!

Hi Tina! :goodvibes Soooooooooo good to have you here! Nothing like doing a little planning together!
I still can't believe that we got to stay at CSR again ........ and close to you! :yay: :yay: :yay:

I'm joining in. I love your dining reviews and it always looks like you guys have such fantastic trips. Can't wait to see what's in store this time.popcorn::

Welcome!
Glad you found my pre-trippie!
Thanks for reading my dining reviews too! :hug: We love our trips to WDW and I guess this one is going to be very special too - we are going to meet Tina and her family! :yay:

Aww...we love cruising with Disney, too, but it's been SO LONG!! And I am going in Feb, too, to see my BFF!! Sounds like you guys are pros at this stuff, so I can't wait to hear what you have planned! :thumbsup2

If you had asked me two years ago if I would do more than one cruise in my lifetime I would have sworn that I would only take one! :rotfl2: By now we have 3 cruises under our belts and are going on three more in August/September! We LOOOOOOVE cruising with Disney! ........ as we love being at any place Disney! :laughing:
When are you going in February? And for how long are you staying? We'll be there for Presidents week!

I'm in Karin!! :woohoo:

Welcome Dave! How good to know that you are in as well! :goodvibes I knew I could count on you! ;)

Trip planning:

Where we will stay:

When we first decided to go back in February for President's week, we booked Pop Century.
We had no idea on how much our airfare would be, so we booked what we would be happy with and could afford. We have been at Pop several times and always loved it, so if all else would fail we knew we would be happy there.
BUT ......... we were hoping for an AP discount, so we could stay inside our budget and upgrade to a moderate resort.
Now, yesterday AP discounts for our time frame were announced and with fingers crossed I called, hoping a room would be available!
It WAS ........ and since we had been upgraded to a waterview room we thought it would be nice to stay in one again. Since we have decided to spend the first night offsite we actually owe Disney less than we would have paid for Pop! Thank you, Disney gods for AP discounts! :worship: :laughing:

So here is where we will stay:
Arrival day, Feb 19:
We'll arrive around 7pm and after immigration and picking up our rental car we will drive to the
Red Roof Inn in Kissimmee! :lmao: We scored a two room suite for just $59,- Now, that has a few advantages!
Lots of space, a fridge, a sitting area to spread out and it is close to Publix for shopping for snacks and

IMG_4289.jpg

IMG_4290.jpg

We LOOOOOOOOOVE those doughnuts and they will be produced a very short way away! :woohoo:

Feb 20 - 26:
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
For years that has been the one resort that NEVER drew us in. Then I saw some photos on Katmark's threads and was intrigued. Last year we finally decided to stay there and fell in love with it. That place is wonderful!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup2

IMG_4171.jpg

IMG_4170.jpg

IMG_4337.jpg

IMG_4312.jpg

IMG_4320.jpg

IMG_4329.jpg

IMG_4335.jpg

If you had asked me two years ago if I would do more than one cruise in my lifetime I would have sworn that I would only take one! :rotfl2: By now we have 3 cruises under our belts and are going on three more in August/September! We LOOOOOOVE cruising with Disney! ........ as we love being at any place Disney! :laughing:
When are you going in February? And for how long are you staying? We'll be there for Presidents week!

We have been on 9 cruises, I believe (I should know, but lost count) -- our first was with Disney and then we did mostly Carnival with another Disney and Princess cruise thrown in. We love it... :love:

But I am going the same weekend -- we are currently staying at SSR, but I'm hoping for a BLT studio...it's a girl's only weekend!! :yay: My BFF is a huge fan of WDW and a Dis'er...we can't wait!

I'm in too!

I was waiting for those AP discounts as well. I had a trip in November with my grandmother we had to cancel and we rescheduled for late January. They didn't have AP discounts out for that when I rescheduled, but I was able to call yesterday and get us the AP rate!

We were booked for POP, but in order to stay in a standard room, we had to move to Sports. Not a big deal, but I know my grandmother likes the theme at Pop better.

CSR is one of the places I really want to stay. KatMark's thread is one the main reason why for me too!

You got some really pretty shots of CSR, Karin! And I can't wait to hear more about your plans.

Okay, I'm all caught up. I am so happy that you were able to get the rate and move to the CSR.

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

And, as always, I will be following along for the duration. :)

Haha, I like that picture of Tom relaxing in the hammock.

It's so great that you guys got a free upgrade to a moderate! Makes me really want an AP....but I just don't go enough in a year to make it worth it unfortunately.

Subbing popcorn: Looking forward to reading more, coolbeans on staying at CSR :)

We have been on 9 cruises, I believe (I should know, but lost count) -- our first was with Disney and then we did mostly Carnival with another Disney and Princess cruise thrown in. We love it... :love:

But I am going the same weekend -- we are currently staying at SSR, but I'm hoping for a BLT studio...it's a girl's only weekend!! :yay: My BFF is a huge fan of WDW and a Dis'er...we can't wait!

We have only been on Disney cruises! :goodvibes Tom and I just fell for Castaway Cay and that is why we will be on a back to back to back cruise next August! :lmao:

I would love to stay at BLT! Must be wonderful in a MK view room! One day, a girl can dream! ;)
Maybe we'll bump into you during the weekend! That would be fun! :goodvibes

I'm in too!

I was waiting for those AP discounts as well. I had a trip in November with my grandmother we had to cancel and we rescheduled for late January. They didn't have AP discounts out for that when I rescheduled, but I was able to call yesterday and get us the AP rate!

We were booked for POP, but in order to stay in a standard room, we had to move to Sports. Not a big deal, but I know my grandmother likes the theme at Pop better.

CSR is one of the places I really want to stay. KatMark's thread is one the main reason why for me too!

Hi! Glad you came over here too!

Don't you just love it when the AP discounts come out and you can get a nice discount! Makes being an AP holder so much more fun! :laughing: ;)
I am keeping my fingers crossed for you that maybe a room at Pop becomes available and you can change back to Pop.

CSR is a great resort to stay at! We really fell in love with it last February and can't wait to go back.

You got some really pretty shots of CSR, Karin! And I can't wait to hear more about your plans.

Thank you, Tina! We took a lot of photos of the resort last February during the time we went to explore. Since the parks were too packed the first few days we just went and explored and really loved what we found! ;)
My first try of an itinerary is coming up shortly!

Okay, I'm all caught up. I am so happy that you were able to get the rate and move to the CSR.

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

And, as always, I will be following along for the duration. :)

Thank god there was not too much to catch up on! :lmao: We are so happy that we get to go to CSR again! I actually checked my reservation again today, so I would be sure I wasn't dreaming! :lmao:

Haha, I like that picture of Tom relaxing in the hammock.

It's so great that you guys got a free upgrade to a moderate! Makes me really want an AP....but I just don't go enough in a year to make it worth it unfortunately.

This is a really relaxing resort, Yuki! You would love it too! You should take a look at Kathy's unofficial CSR thread! :thumbsup2
Well, for us the AP pays for itself. With the room discounts, TiW and shopping discount at WoD it is the only way to go. AND we get at least three weeks of park admission out of it! ;) :goodvibes

Subbing popcorn: Looking forward to reading more, coolbeans on staying at CSR :)

Hi, Stefy!
I really love having you here! Thanks for sharing our excitement about scoring CSR!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter