Height Restriction

Florimel

Mouseketeer
Hi, I wonder if anyone knows which height restriction is the right one for the Indiana Jones ride. The DLRP site says 4'6" / 140cm - and have discovered today that these are not the same thing! DD is now 4'6" which is really 137ish cm. I was guessing that the 140cm one is the right one, and since we only have a month to go she is unlikely to grow that much, but didn't know what other peoples experience is.

We avoided going down that bit of the park in the summer, because I suspect it would really be her sort of thing, but knew she was too short. I can't remember if there is a measuring thing for the rides near the hub, or whether I'm getting mixed up with WDW - any ideas?

Yeah I'm pretty certain its 140...and they are REALLY strict on it! They have measuring stick tpye things next to the rides! My wee fella had to be checked every single time for star tours but he made it and no more!:goodvibes plus they rechecked as he was actually about to go on the ride!! (thank goodness for chunky snow boots!!!;) )

Yes 140cm, just realised my youngest DS hasn't been on it yet, (in fact I'd forgotten all about that coaster), although he seems to have gotten less fearless as he's gotten older so he may not want to ride it anyway now :confused3

I suspected as much - even floating on air as she will be when she finds out about the trip I don't think she'll make 140! Is the last height restriction she has to make - DD's imagination is always bigger than her.
Star Tours is one of DD's favourites too - staggered off it at 3 saying "We've go to do that again".:darth:

I refused to do Star Tours the first visit it was DS at 4 years old who persuaded me to give it a try. We sat down and in a loud voice he said "If you feel sick mum, look at the floor", I did feel sorry for the lady sat in front of me.

We had tears when he wasn't tall enough for RnR and then again next visit when he was tall enough and I wouldn't let him, but when he did get to ride he didn't like it, he said it was because the music was too loud :confused3 and has refused to go on again.

My DD was allowed on Indiana Jones one day but not the next!:confused3 She had the same footwear, same measuring stick etc! She said it was because we'd been in HISTA!:lmao:

My DD was allowed on Indiana Jones one day but not the next! She had the same footwear, same measuring stick etc! She said it was because we'd been in HISTA!

:rotfl2: That's the best explanation ever!

DD is very keen on being adventurous - is also a committed RnR and TofT fan. She persuaded me on both due to her total fearlessness - and awfully glad I am too.

We tried to go on Indiana Jones in December, I had checked all rides/height restrictions on DLP website before we went so we didn't waste time with rides we couldn't go on.

According to the website, my daughter would be tall enough in her bare feet. She had Nike runners that have very thick soles about 1.5inches, yet when she stood at the measuring stick and she was almost 2 inches too SHORT??????????????????????????????:confused3 :confused3 :confused3 :confused3

Before you go on the ride stick some pre-made elevators in the inside rear of the shoe:) You should be able to add at least an inch.

on one of the rides (i think space mountain), the height says one thing but it also says you must be 10 years old. my son makes the height but he is only 8...... do they check the age too??:3dglasses :3dglasses

Dd is eight and she goes on all the roller coaster (except Indiana Jones which she is not tall enough for) on her own, she has never been asked her age and she queues up on her own. DD has wanted to try Indiana Jones in the rain - when she has welly boots on and then does not have to keep her heel on the floor, only the heel of the boot because last time she was about one to two inches too short. With Space Mountain she managed to stretch a bit some days when she first was nearly tall enough - depended on who was on duty even using the same stick it seemed to vary.

on one of the rides (i think space mountain), the height says one thing but it also says you must be 10 years old. my son makes the height but he is only 8...... do they check the age too??:3dglasses :3dglasses

My daughter was 7 the first time we went and 8 the second. they never checked age, height the did.

DD's never been asked her age, and is tall enough to ride everything else but Indiana Jones at DLRP. I suppose is hard for CMs to tell age with young children who are tall for their age, and age is more advice for parents.

DD is average height for her age and is usually up for big thrills - but is is an up for anything, fearless almost 9 year old. (She till teases me for really liking Soarin at WDW but remains impressed that I was up for multiple Everest rides as a coffee substitute!:hyper: )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter