• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hell week 2017

Bishdomette

Earning My Ears
Hi all! This is my first post as I am relatively new to the Dis boards. My hubby and I are planning a vacation with some friends in October 2017. I know that h#ll week is in October and we were hoping someone could help us avoid it. Thanks in advance!

http://**************.net/wp-conten...-Ranked-in-Order-from-**************.net_.jpg

most of October looks good

Ah, well, more and more schools, not just those in FL but all over the South, are getting a fall break. A full week off in October. The more this happens the more you find a mini-Spring Break season at Disney. I guess that would be a week to avoid. But like Spring Break, it's sort of scattered throughout all of Oct so not really a concentrated week

As other have said I have not heard of this and I go a lot you will be fine anytime on October ( maybe the 31 might be more corwded at the MK)

Hope not - we planned October to be quieter !!!
I did read here on the DIS that this past October was quite busy...maybe even busier than this summer (as it was less busy than usual), however, I can't testify to that because I didn't travel during both of those time periods.

I did read here on the DIS that this past October was quite busy...maybe even busier than this summer (as it was less busy than usual), however, I can't testify to that because I didn't travel during both of those time periods.
We did. Oct wasn't more crowded than summer. Now, this summer was less crowded that the one before but it was still crowded. I'd say Oct was a normal Oct but summer wasn't a normal summer. Still makes summer more crowded. If that makes sense.

I believe, in addition to more guests, summer feels more crowded because of the heat and humidity. I would think indoor spaces are busier as folks look to get relief from the heat. Our energy and patience are less in the heat too.

We were there first week of October in both '15 & '16 - neither was a hellish week at all. Mildly busy but very manageable. Maybe 6 or 7 out of 10.

We were at WDW the last week of October 2016. The only crazy busyness we ran into was the World Showcase on the weekend during Food & Wine. (We knew better, but the kids just HAD to go back to France & Japan to shop more). MK was maybe a 6. HS maybe a 5. AK was empty, as was Epcot except on the weekend evenings. I hear Columbus Day weekend gets crowded?

We were at WDW the last week of October 2016. The only crazy busyness we ran into was the World Showcase on the weekend during Food & Wine. (We knew better, but the kids just HAD to go back to France & Japan to shop more). MK was maybe a 6. HS maybe a 5. AK was empty, as was Epcot except on the weekend evenings. I hear Columbus Day weekend gets crowded?
Yes but really no more crowded than MLK Weekend, Presidents Day weekend, or any other 3 day weekend does.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter