Hello and is little mermaid worth the cost for 2 adults?

Hills4diz

Earning My Ears
Hi.
First time posting and thank you for your information site. I have to ask will me and my spouse be sad or happy after spending a week in a little mermaid room at art of animation. I look at the price and wonder if I shouldn't get a riverside or Caribbean beach resort instead,. We wanted to stay there at least once as a bucket list but after reading the reviews I am seriously considering doing 2 nights and moving to someplace else. Help.

Art of Animation is a neat resort and you might like it with two adults - it's definitely the most "Disney" resort on property, but I didn't really care for it when my family stayed there. The Little Mermaid rooms are really far from the main building, which I didn't like, and they haven't refurbished them in years, so they're a little worn and only have double beds.
If you want to switch to a moderate, have you considered Port Orleans French Quarter? I like that for an adults-only trip, it's a lovely resort, small and cozy.

I would pick a moderate over LM rooms. The rooms are small with double beds not queen and are a hike from the main building. The main building is always super busy with many families and small children so chaotic for adult only travelers. The Disney themes are magical here but it is better to stop and look around and go back “home” to a different resort. This was my least favorite stay of many different Disney resorts. My favorite value is Pop, favorite moderate is POFQ then PO Riverside.

Little Mermaid rooms for 2 adults .........NEVER again! Hated the room, reminded me of Motel 6 with a few disney decorations on the wall, I can honestly say I haven't stayed in hotel in years that had a placard in the room listing the costs of items that would be charged to you if they were missing when you checked out.......come on, how tacky!

and they haven't refurbished them in years, so they're a little worn and only have double beds
AoA opened just the tiniest bit longer than 6.5 years ago. It wouldn't be scheduled or planned for any update ahead of older resorts which hadn't been renovated in longer than that.
I can honestly say I haven't stayed in hotel in years that had a placard in the room listing the costs of items that would be charged to you if they were missing when you checked out..
:confused3 What is there in any WDW room that would be at an extra charge?

Thank you everyone for your help. I just rescheduled our vacation to 2 days AoA for the "bucket list" factor and got the rest of the time for Riverside. I think we will be so much happier.

AoA opened just the tiniest bit longer than 6.5 years ago. It wouldn't be scheduled or planned for any update ahead of older resorts which hadn't been renovated in longer than that.

Yes, so compared to resorts like Pop, it's now lacking. That was all I meant.

Little mermaid room for a couple days, sure, not for an entire week though. We stayed for one night, the ac was noisy and we were by a stairwell. You might have better luck. It is just like a motel with over the top theming. beautiful grounds though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter