Hello...any advice on where to go snow tubing or skiiing?

mommy22pumpkins

Mouseketeer
Hi all. I just told my daughter tomorrow is the first day of March and she got really upset as it never snowed enough here for her to really get to play in it. (We are in South Jersey). I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a place to stay overnight- possibly in the poconos- that is fairly reasonable and kid friendly?

Thanks in advance to all the people I consider friends on this board. I can always count on you for great advice ;)

Danielle

Would you consider heading W? N UT has the greatest snow on earth :)
My not this year *and my oh my we got a lot of snow* but someday you can spend some time out here and heck we're pretty close to Disneyland!

Lot's of places in the Pocono's Jack Frost/Big Boulder or Sno-Mountain are 3 that come to mind. As for overnight, check out Split Rock Lodge for a room. They are close to the ski area's and they have the H2OO water park (similar to Great Wolfe) but smaller. Ski all day, swim at night. If you look around, there are lots of places to find discount coupons for ski/snow tubing.

Have fun!

Slightly further away, but I prefer elk mtn to sno mtn. Much better trails, much friendlier, much more professional staff. I truly can't stand sno mtn. Elk often has a rental/ticket/lesson deal also.

Thanks for the great info and advice above. I was also wondering if anyone can tell me anything about Blue Mountain? I'm really wondering what the place place would be for an 8 and 11 year old who have never been skiing or snow tubing. I think we'll probably do mostly snow tubing. So if anyone can advise which place would be best for this I'd greatly appreciate :thanks:

We go to Bear Creek, my son has a season pass and goes all the time. We have also been snow tubing at Bear Creek it is a lot of fun. The also have a resort hotel, although I have never stayed there I heard it was nice.

We ski fairly regularly at Blue Mtn. Its a good beginner place because it is small. I am not sure where you would stay, I drive about 30 minutes from near Allentown. I have never tubed there.

Camelback (we are going tomorrow actually LOL) does a 3 hour tubing pass. You pick a time and pay ahead online. Its near the outlets in Tannersville I hear. About an hour from me.

Since I am local, I wouldn't know where to stay for that either, sorry.

If you are going to ski, Blue Mountain is better than Camelback for beginners. But I actually think Shawnee is the best begginer ski area in the area. If you are looking for closest to South Jersey, that would be Blue. When I was at Rowan, we would head to Blue for the day.

We've never snow tubed, so I can't really offer advice on that. I know there is tubing at Camelback and Blue, but I can't remember if Shawnee has it.

We've never stayed either since I'm local now, and even when I was in college in S. Jersey, we'd just drive up for the day. I'm thinking Camelback would probably have the most options since it's a bit more resort-like. There are condos right there that you can rent.

We ski fairly regularly at Blue Mtn. Its a good beginner place because it is small. I am not sure where you would stay, I drive about 30 minutes from near Allentown. I have never tubed there.

Camelback (we are going tomorrow actually LOL) does a 3 hour tubing pass. You pick a time and pay ahead online. Its near the outlets in Tannersville I hear. About an hour from me.

Since I am local, I wouldn't know where to stay for that either, sorry.

Since it's only a 3 hour pass, maybe you can combine it with a trip to Great Wolf Lodge (if it's in the budget). Tube in the morning and then go to GWL and spend the afternoon, evening, and all next day in the water park.

PS...if you do decide to ski, do yourself and your kids a favor and sign them up for lessons. Skiing is no fun if you spend the entire time on your behind or worried that you are going to be out of control and run into someone or something. Money well spent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter