Hello, is this thing on? 9/2013 Anniversary Trip

ArielSparrow

wanderin' free
So I've already done a lot of planning and didn't know there was such a thing as a PTR until one of the most recent peices fell into place. However, I still have the more nitty gritty details and I'm a little grey on what is acceptable in the general planning boards. I couldn't find any guidelines on what exactly a PTR consists of, and I don't exactly have time to read dozens to figure it out. I'm just trying to avoid flooding other boards.

Who: My name is Becky and I'm 28 and an accounting clerk. DH just turned 25 Friday and he's an apartment manager. This will be our first visit to WDW (save for a half-day at MK for DH when he was a kid), but I've been

Favorites (mine, DH doesn't pick favorites)
Princess: Ariel
Character: Woody
Movie: all the Pixar movies, and Newsies

What: Wait, am I doing this right? It's a Disney trip. I don't think I understand the question. I need to check and see how others handle this one.

Where: We're staying at a timeshare offsite (just $199/wk exchange) for the first week, then switching to another timeshare closer to Universal. Our 2nd week will be Sea World, Kennedy Space Center, airboat, and Universal (I'm a huge Harry Potter nerd).

When: 9/7-9/21, with 9/8-9/13 at Disney

Why: It's our fifth wedding anniversary in September. We decided a couple years ago that we want to visit Orlando while we're still young enough to do thrill rides, and before we have kids. I am already starting to feel the effects of age at Six Flags. I miss the resilience of my teen years! About a year and a half ago I said we need to pick a date or this will always be a "someday" trip that never happens. So we picked 2013 and had to split our savings between this and last year's road trip to Idaho. We saved up for last year around May or June, so everything after that went towards Orlando. I'm used to cheaper trips that I save up during the year, so it was odd starting so early for a vacation that wasn't next.

How: Is this where I say with lots of hard work and sacrifice to save up the $$$$ to make this trip possible or where I say I'm flying out of LAX to MCO and don't know how I'm getting to LAX yet?

Now I'm stuck. I don't know what I'm supposed to write here. Or why I started this thread. Maybe I should delete it.

My hotel is booked
My air is booked (went with Virgin after some advice here)
My car is booked
My tickets are purchased.

My ADR's are made.

Originally I wasn't going to do any ADR's, as we normally just eat a QS at Disneyland and pack the other meal, eager to get to the next attraction. However, I kept reading about how Dining is an experience at WDW, and not to be missed.

9/11 CRT breakfast
9/12 Boma dinner
9/13 Dining with the Imagineer lunch
9/13 Sci-Fi Drive-In dinner (or at least milkshakes)

I even know what I'm wearing/packing (I'm Disneybounding every day)!

All that's left is creating a touring plan for each day (Day 1 nearly complete). I'm way too obsessive to go with the flow. I do expect the unexpected and try to leave room for changes, but I'd freak out without a well-developed plan, especially with unfamiliar territory. I go with a detailed plan to Disneyland, and I've been there so many times! I have been doing extensive research on every element of WDW for months. So, lots to research still but maybe not much to write about. I definitely had plenty to write about while getting to this point. Instead I rattled off details to my husband as he rolled his eyes ("you still have X months to figure Y out"). This is how it goes. I plan, he shows up. It's okay though, because I love planning and am not satisfied with my own until I've explored every option. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter