Hello my friends

nativetxn

<font color=teal>Moderator<br><font color=red>Hono
Some of you may remember me. Most of you will not. I have not been posting for quite a while. I still love the DIS but my life has not been such that I had the time nor the inclination to browse the boards and post. Sorry. It is not that I do not care about all of you, I do, but circumstances are not the best right now.

My husband is not well. Many of you know that he was diagnosed with kidney cancer in September, 2005 and had extensive surgery in December, 2005. He has tried a few medications. Some have helped for short periods of time. Now, it seems that the medications are not helping.

He has metastasis to the brain, lungs and liver. He has undergone radiation to the brain which did reduce the size of the lesions there. Unfortunately, it did nothing to stop the other metastasis.

He is still working. He will not stop. I drive him everywhere now. So, I am out of town a lot. Another reason I am not on the boards much. Of course, that is just an excuse. I have a laptop. I could do it. I just do not have the energy or the heart anymore.

I apologize for just disappearing but my husband comes first. I am so grateful to be able to drive him to all of his meetings because it gives me more time with him. He is the best human being I have ever known. We have been married almost 36 years. I cannot imagine living life without him by my side.

One of these days, I will be back on the DIS full time but for right now my attention will be focused on my husband. God bless all of you. Stay happy and well.

Katholyn

Kath, :hug: I am sorry. It is not easy to see a loved one go through what your DH is going through. Take care of him the best you can and we'll be here whenever you need us. :hug:

I remember you, and your family. I am sorry the news is not better, but I am glad you are doing what you can. The DIS can wait.

Here is a :hug: and positive thoughts. I also hope that grandbaby is well and bringing joy to you both.

Oh, Katholyn:

How happy I am to "see" you.

If anyone understands you KNOW I do. I will never forget how much you LOVE that wonderful WONDERFUL man... he is one of a kind.

He did so much for you in your life, I remember you telling me how blessed you were to have him... it's your turn to be there for him, God has a way of putting us in these places, doesn't he?

I've been there, honey... I know all too well.

Your "grandson" Michael sends his love. He, like me, will NEVER forget you.

Love, hugs and forever gratitude,

Robinrs

Oh my dear. You are in my prayers. Thank god you are able to spend this time with your DH. I can't imagine what you are dealing with but please know we are all here for you when you are ready to return to the DIS. Take care of yourself. You will remain in my thoughts and prayers.

:hug: Katholyn!

You have been missed. I will keep you and your DH in my prayers. I remember that we both joined the DIS about the same time over 7.5 years ago. You were researching your 1st trip and you took your niece and her son with you. I lurked on all of the threads you started and learned so much! :)

I remember that even on the trip your DH kept sneaking back to the hotel to work!:rotfl:

How many grandchildren do you have? Is it still just the one?

Take care - and please know that we all miss you and think of you often!:grouphug:

Katholyn, I remember you from the Wish board and how wonderfully positive and supportive you are to everyone. Know that everyone is supporting you in their hearts while you face such struggles.

:grouphug: for you and your DH.

Hey Kath! We're glad you checked in with us! Sorry things aren't going well with your husband. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

We'll be around when you're ready to talk.

Oh hey. And I'm calling myself a Texan again.

Katholyn, Hugs and hugs and hugs to you my friend. Ellen:grouphug:

Katholyn:

I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. I've been thinking of you and please know that if there is anything I can do to assist at any time, please let me know. You were so kind to me when we met--you're a wonderful, generous person and you are missed.

All my best wishes to you and your husband,
Amy

I remember you and your dh. I'm sorry to hear that things are not better. Take care of him and yourself. We are here when you need us.

I remember you.

Sorry to hear the news for your husband is not better. I (as I am sure all here do) understand 100% that he comes first.

It's great to see you again, Kath:hug: I'm so sorry for all you and hubby are going through:guilty: You are in my thoughts:love:

I have often wondered how the both of you are doing. I had always hoped that "no news, was good news."

You are missed here, you were always one of the nicest people to me especially in the Dis Chat Room, when I was first learning the lingo!

:hug: :hug: and peace to your and your dh.

Katholyn, I am so glad to hear from you! :grouphug:

I am so sorry you and your DH are going thru these health issues.

Of course your DH comes first but do keep us posted once in a while. I'm sure I speak for alot of the DISers here when we say "We love you!".

TC:cool1:

Awww, Kath, sorry to hear Wilgus is not well. I will always remember the care he took with my son Luke, many moons ago. I'll keep him in my prayers. :grouphug:

Judi/Snoopy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter