Hello out there, UK bride to be, introduction

Natalie Scales

Earning My Ears
Hello to all you lovely people out there, My name is Nat and my DF is James We have been engaged for 3 years and have always wanted to be married at Disney. I have been a member of this forum for a while now and love dipping in and out to see some what is going on and find any useful information to help us plan our trip.

Well it has come to the time when we can no longer just "dabble" with the possibility of coming out to Orlando and being married, it is going to be a reality. :bride:

Due to recent family circumstances we have come to realize that life really is too short and we cant plan things around other people so we don't upset anyone as that leaves us going around and around in circles..... :sad2: so we have decided that March 2011 will be the time for us, Yay !!!! :cloud9:

We know that we want to be married at the Wedding Gazebo at the Yacht Club and that it will be an Intimate (18 guest) package and that we will splurge with a 14 day stay at Disney for us, :woohoo: everything else is going to have be carefully budgeted.

Apart from this we are trying to piece things together, as is the all too familiar story

I was wondering in particular if there are any UK brides out there who could share how they have / are going about planning this. Are you going via a Tour operator or straight to Disney ? Has anyone done either and would like to recommend or share any tips to help us ? I believed that there used to be a UK wedding section to a forum here but I cannot find this, I could have imagined this a while ago ?:idea:

Any way thanks in advance and I look forward to getting to know you all a little better and vice versa -

a rather excited Nat :yay: :yay: :yay:

Hello

How exciting that you are in planning now

I am planning on being married in 2011 as well :D

Welcome aboard and congratulations on setting a date!! The wedding gazebo at the YC is just lovely you will have a beautiful wedding! Have fun planning! princess:

There is a UK section but its just a general area not weddings.

From the experiences on here I think its best to go direct with Disney and not via a tour agent.

Happy Planning :cloud9:

Hello!

I will be having a Feb/March 2011 wedding too!! :)

We are going direct through Disney. :)

cONGRATS from another UK bride

We got married at disney last sept and it was fantastic, i do have a trip report on here somewhere!

Looking forward to hearing your plans
We went direct with disney as it was easier than delaing with a third party, I know some on here have done an escape wedding through the likes of virgin but its so much easier going stright to disney I found.

We had a wishes wedding with 18 people and it was great having the flexibilty of the wishes weddings, we got ours as cloes to the min spend as we could and we could have done it even cheaper but we had a few extras that i'm glad we didnt cut.

Hiya! I am from the UK and planning an escape wedding at the yacht club for the 9 December 2010.

I am hoping we will book direct with disney, the only reason why we wouldnt is because of the exchange rate it might be a lot cheaper to book via virgin? But then I'm not too sure if you have to book your entire holiday through virgin - and we would want to do ours ourselves to save money :)

yes I think you have to book it all through virgin or whom ever you choose, you cant just book a wedding with them

Thanks for this, so the holiday / honeymoon with the tour operator and wedding direct with Disney may be an option ? Cross comparison of pricing and ease of communication with the people involved may be in order.

I have a feeling that both options will have their benefits / drawbacks
:rolleyes1

We've booked everything direct and have a lot more flexibility and choices.

Disney have been brilliant and i wouldn't hesitate to recommend booking with them.

Congratulations and have a fab time planning!!

:wave: Hello.

I'm also planning a March 2011 wedding!
I'm going to go straight through Disney, they don't have Australian travel agents that organise DFTW, but I think I'd go straight through Disney anyway...

Hi there, we are just six months away and we booked the holiday through thomas cook and the wedding through disney. Our wedding planner at Disney is Kathleen and she has been fantastic, puts your mind at ease when you have so many questions to ask. I don't think i could have been bothered to go through the TA and having to wait ages for a reply on all the things i want to know. Especially not after the TA messud up our hotel arrangements, however that has turned out to our advantage:banana:

Hiya! Im a UK bride too! Getting married November 2010!

I have heard that it is better to book direct with Disney. Even at first we knew money would be tight, and while it seems cheaper and better to book with a travel agent, i would reccomend booking through Disney. I would feel more safe knowing i can have direct contact with them. But i dont know, i havent read too much into booking through a travel agent sooo.

Hi from yet another UK bride! I booked straight through Disney because we are having a wishes wedding. When I was going to have an escape, I did originally look in to booking through a tour operator, but the 3 phone call's I made were so stressful, I gave up!

I'd recommend going through disney it cuts out the middle man (aka the tour operator) and this will make the process a lot easier, you will probably also find you get a little more time to make late adjustments as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter