Helloirishkitty's PJ: 02.13.09 ~*WP/ADH/II*~ Room Block Headache....

Hey great PJ! These are so much fun to read.

Must feel great to have already lost 10 pounds, what's your goal?

OMG! love the first wedding dress! Gorgeous! My SIL had a dress like that for her wedding and it was stunning!!! I absolutely love your cupcake idea. They are very practical I find and easy to hold. I think Caryn mentioned this but definitely use mouseweddings to buy your invitations. I think you get 20% off.

I just wanted to stop by and tell you that I really like the idea of the cupcake cake. Also, your BM dresses are beautiful!

OMG! love the first wedding dress! Gorgeous! My SIL had a dress like that for her wedding and it was stunning!!! I absolutely love your cupcake idea. They are very practical I find and easy to hold. I think Caryn mentioned this but definitely use mouseweddings to buy your invitations. I think you get 20% off.

I just wanted to stop by and tell you that I really like the idea of the cupcake cake. Also, your BM dresses are beautiful!

Thanks for reading girls!

We ordered our Save the Dates today. For some reason, that makes it feel so much more real to me.

501_c3_front.jpg

You might be thinking "Wait, Liz, those don't match your invitations at all. WTH?!?!"

Well... we picked different invitations... :)
(instead of Black ink, they are going to be printed in Cocoa ink)
128_c3_front_large.jpg

We also scheduled our site visit. It's February 21st, so we're going be in Disney from the 19th-24th. I'm so excited for this. DF is going with me (his first trip to WDW) and I can't wait for him to see why I love it there so much.

I've also been trying on 82446513 dresses. I have a "dream" dress that I haven't been able to find anywhere. It's the first one on the first page of my PJ but here's a quick reference:
product_imagephp.jpg

The one in the picture is PC Mary's, but DaVinchi also makes one that's extremely similar (thanks Caryn!). I really want to try it on and I feel like if I buy a dress without trying this one on, I'll regret it.

Out of all of the dresses I have tried on, I have two front-runners. Both are Maggies, and both were found at the Bridal salon that wouldn't let me take any pictures :headache:.

monalisar.jpg

A547.jpg

(I tried the second one (Suzanne) in Diamond White, and while it looks beautiful in gold, if I order it, it'll be in Diamond White)

For some reason, I really like these...

ORANGECURLYWILLOWTREECENTERPIECE.jpg

When I showed these to my mom, she mad a face very similar to this one...

puppyphotoshoot004.jpg

(that's my baby.. he looks better when he's not squinting) :goodvibes

For some reason, I really like these...

ORANGECURLYWILLOWTREECENTERPIECE.jpg

When I showed these to my mom, she mad a face very similar to this one...

puppyphotoshoot004.jpg

(that's my baby.. he looks better when he's not squinting) :goodvibes

Ohhhh...I love tall, dramatic CP. You're going with different colors though, right?

i like them as well. i like the natural elements in them. they look great and will really stand out in adh since that room is so big!

Aww Liz! Your dog is adorable! I think I'm going with the Suzanne Vidal also. The gold is beautiful, but I want white. Do you know what the difference is between white and diamond white? I have an appointment to go try the dress on today. Hopefully I can sneak in some pictures :rolleyes1

Ohhhh...I love tall, dramatic CP. You're going with different colors though, right?

Yes, definitely different colors. Probably pinks and whites with the willow branches... maybe some hanging crystals if I get adventurous:rotfl: (and stop looking at my budget)

i like them as well. i like the natural elements in them. they look great and will really stand out in adh since that room is so big!

I really like them too!

thanks girls! I really want tall, dramatic looking centerpieces... I want something to catch my guests eyes when they walk in.

liz your doggie is soooooooooooooo cute :love:

heh thanks! I tell Philip all the time that Ronan (the dog) is the true love of my life and only if he was human... :rotfl:

Aww Liz! Your dog is adorable! I think I'm going with the Suzanne Vidal also. The gold is beautiful, but I want white. Do you know what the difference is between white and diamond white? I have an appointment to go try the dress on today. Hopefully I can sneak in some pictures :rolleyes1

My saleslady was very sneaky when it came to pricing. I tried the dress on in gold, which was $400 less than the dress in Diamond white. I asked for the pricing on white and she said it wasn't available. :confused3 I think she was just bored and didn't want to answer anymore questions! She also quoted the price as way more than I've seen it for online (like almost $1000 more! :scared1: :scared1: ). I love the way the dress looks and if I end up getting the Suzanne Vidal, I won't be buying it from her!

Just found your PJ :surfweb:

I'm hoping for a Feb. 2nd 2009 DFTW - it feels like it's going to be forever until we can call to get our date/venue. :scared:

Congrats on your weight loss! I'm a size 14 girl too; so far I've lost 8 lbs., but still have a ways to go . . .

Can't wait to hear more details!

BTW: I love your "Tiara Compatible avatar!

Those centerpieces are spectacular! I think they'll look so pretty with your colors.

Your puppy is so cute :lovestruc I can see why you'd joke he's the love of your life! And that face he's making is hilarious.

Also I too have found the dress shopping process to be less then fun at times;). I don't know why some sellers feel the need to make what should be so much fun almost feel chore-like but they do. I'm so happy I've found my dress and I'm sure you'll feel the same once you make your decision. Best of luck picking one they are all gorgeous.

Christine princess:

My saleslady was very sneaky when it came to pricing. I tried the dress on in gold, which was $400 less than the dress in Diamond white. I asked for the pricing on white and she said it wasn't available. :confused3 I think she was just bored and didn't want to answer anymore questions! She also quoted the price as way more than I've seen it for online (like almost $1000 more! :scared1: :scared1: ). I love the way the dress looks and if I end up getting the Suzanne Vidal, I won't be buying it from her!

Here's what happened to me. I tried on the Suzanne (which looks identical to the Suzanne Vidal) thinking it was the Suzanne Vidal. The lady told me it was $1500. Later when I got home I looked at the dress online again and realized that they are 2 different dress that look almost exactly alike! Its just that the lacing is a little bit different. So I called the shop and told them that I wanted to know how much the Suzanne Vidal is and she said $1000! :banana: $500 less than the Suzanne!

Crazy saleslady - how can it not be available in white? Is it not a wedding dress? :rolleyes: Anyway, the Suzanne Vidal is suppose to be cheaper than the Suzanne so keep that in mind when you are ready to buy :thumbsup2

Just found your PJ :surfweb:

I'm hoping for a Feb. 2nd 2009 DFTW - it feels like it's going to be forever until we can call to get our date/venue. :scared:

Congrats on your weight loss! I'm a size 14 girl too; so far I've lost 8 lbs., but still have a ways to go . . .

Can't wait to hear more details!

BTW: I love your "Tiara Compatible avatar!

Thanks for reading! :) I so understand about the waiting for the date thing. I feel like I'm holding my breath until the 13th... once that day is set in stone, I will go into full :bride: mode! :rotfl:

DF says my avatar is perfect for me... he thinks that if I could get away with wearing a tiara in real life everyday that I would... which I probably would :rolleyes1

Those centerpieces are spectacular! I think they'll look so pretty with your colors.

Your puppy is so cute :lovestruc I can see why you'd joke he's the love of your life! And that face he's making is hilarious.

Also I too have found the dress shopping process to be less then fun at times;). I don't know why some sellers feel the need to make what should be so much fun almost feel chore-like but they do. I'm so happy I've found my dress and I'm sure you'll feel the same once you make your decision. Best of luck picking one they are all gorgeous.

Christine princess:

Thanks for reading Christine! I really didn't think that dress shopping would be such a PIA but hopefully it'll all be over within the next two weeks! I've been to two different bridal shops that were just run by mean old women that picked apart why the dresses looked bad on me instead of why they might looked good (My MOH wanted to smack people). My mom is visiting until valentine's day so hopefully I can have a dress ordered and a deposit paid ASAP.

Here's what happened to me. I tried on the Suzanne (which looks identical to the Suzanne Vidal) thinking it was the Suzanne Vidal. The lady told me it was $1500. Later when I got home I looked at the dress online again and realized that they are 2 different dress that look almost exactly alike! Its just that the lacing is a little bit different. So I called the shop and told them that I wanted to know how much the Suzanne Vidal is and she said $1000! :banana: $500 less than the Suzanne!

Crazy saleslady - how can it not be available in white? Is it not a wedding dress? :rolleyes: Anyway, the Suzanne Vidal is suppose to be cheaper than the Suzanne so keep that in mind when you are ready to buy :thumbsup2

I guess they don't make wedding dresses in white anymore :rotfl: . That lady was seriously a doozy. Thanks for the info on the Suzanne Vidal.. I will definitely remember that! Did you make your final dress decision yet? :goodvibes

Since I don't really have any wedding "news" to add... I figured I'd pimp out my dog (and his brother) some more... :rotfl:

puppyphotoshoot019.jpg

this is ronan with his eyes open :)

puppyphotoshoot008-1.jpg

this is his less photogenic, but equally as cute in real life brother rooney

my little boys are going to be 1 on sunday! how sad is it that I bought a happy birthday cake for our super bowl party?? :rotfl:

Just joining in. Love you plans so far, especially the beautiful cupcake cake and the bridesmaids dresses. I hope that you get your dress drama all resolved. I am not really looking forward to that!

I don't think its silly to have a doggy birthday party! My doggie has a party every year!

I have a pomeranian named Riley that looks just like Ronan! I'll have to post a pic! I love the red dress, its similar to my dress. I just really like the pick up skirt!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter