Helo Convince my wife to Hoop De Doo!!!

Kapp

<font color=CC33CC>Tag patience is a virture I am
I have reservations but she is starting to cool on the idea. We have a 9 year old and 5 year old that I think would love it. Any good points to help me win this one?!?!?

Mucho thanks!

:earseek:

We have done it twice in the past 3 years, and loved it both times. The food is excellent! No, its not gourmet, but for what it is, its great. The unlimied soda and beer make it a great value(we more than got our moneys worth). The show is absolutely hysterical. Even after seeing it 2 years prior, when we saw it last year, I had tears streaming down my face I was laughing so hard. The actors really do a great job.

As for the kids, the last time we went my kids and nieces were 2 1/2, 5 1/2, 9, & 12. They all thought the show was great. Even my hard to please 5 1/2 yo who was in a mood that night could not control his laughter as hard as he tried. Also, my picky kids wouldnt eat any of that food. By calling ahead we were able to get them macaroni & cheese.

IMO, you should try it at least once to see it for yourselves. :D

A great show we've been 12 times,it's good family humor on the the line with the old Hee Haw show . A lot of corny one liners and puns along with some great singing.The food is good not great but good we go for the show though and 95% of the small ones we have observed are having a great time during the show.:wave2: ::yes::

We went to Hoop Dee Doo in July and loved it. The food was good. MY DS7 didn't really like what was offered. We had seen someone else get a slice of pizza so we asked for a slice for him without any problems. The show is very funny. We left singing the song from the show. My DH who sometimes would rather do nothing than go to a show had a blast - that should be enough to convince your DW.

Mrs. Kapp....how can you possibly not consider Hoop Dee Doo? It's un-American! You're obviously a fan of Disney....and HDD is CLASSIC Disney!
The show is very funny....I guarantee you will laugh. And, being the good Mom I am sure you are, much more importantly, your kids will laugh.
We've gone twice....most recently, a month ago. My 14-year-old son, 10-year-old daughter and 6-year-old daughter absolutely loved it. We spent a week at Disney and all three of them put HDD in the top 5 experiences of the entire week (that's restaurants/park experiences/swimming adventures...whatever!)
The fried chicken is very, very good. The strawberry shortcake also very, very good. Everything else...no, it's not great...but satisfying...and there's plenty of it!
We are going back to Disney in a year and while this is not a show I think you have to see year after year... (danny1649, you amaze me with 12 visits!!!)...we are really debating whether to do it for a second consecutive year.
It is a wonderful experience. And while everything at Disney is overpriced, we honestly feel when all is said and done, in terms of the food we got and the show we saw, that this was pretty reasonable!
(Hey Kapp...let us know how it all turned out!!)

This is our must do splurge of every trip! We skipped it once and really really missed it.

Our friends just did it on my rec and their son got to be in the show!

Its the best dessert in all of WDW, imho.

ONe trip we sat in what would be considered the worst table in the house and still had a great view and a great time!

I alway say, YOU GOTTA DO THE DOO!

No doubt about it! GO!

We have gone twice and it is absolutely our kids favorite part of disney. The last time we went our kids were 5 and 9, so I know that your kids will love it also. In fact, our son literally fell out of his chair laughing.

We are going to WDW again in January and of course the first thing that we did was to make our HOOP-DEE reservations!

:Pinkbounc

Just curious - how much is HDDR these days? I think the last time I went was in the early 1980's and it was about $10 then. I'm guessing its about $50.

Steve

Yes Disney Steve it is running about $50 these days but WORTH EVERY PENNY!

I have been going to Hoop Dee Doo every year (sometimes more than once) since I was 3 years old... I am 28 now... I LOVE this show. Most of the servers have been there for 25 plus years so it makes it that much better, they love it so much which makes you love it even more. The show itself is what we go for. Hubby and just went last night... funny story have to share. It was about noon and I was on the computer, I randomly started singing a song from the show and hubby said want to go to Hoop tonight, 10 minutes later we were booked for the 9:30 show :) It is a MUST do at least once sometimes 2 or 3 times a year for us (cause you have to go for the regular show AND the christmas show...not that much difference, just some songs changed...) My friends and I always say...we don't need an excuse to go to Hoop Dee Doo just the time and money :) Great show, great food all around great time... Honestly, for your kids I have to tell you, my first experience with Hoop was when I was 3 years old, and while I don't remember the whole show, I remember bits and peices of it from the trip...when I used to tell my dad what I remembered he would laugh and say That was Hoop Dee Doo :) I would say don't miss it...Hoop has become a ritual in our family...we highly recommend it to all.

We love the Hoop Dee Doo -- have been there many times. One of our sons has been picked for the 'Indian Brave' twice, daughter-in-law for the 'can-can girl' & husband for the 'star' (lots of laughs with that one)!!! We have gone with young & old - they all have enjoyed it. The 2 yr. old grandchildren loved banging the spoons on the wash board!! Food is 'good' especially the chicken. The 'honey butter' is awesome!!! GO!!!! -- have a great time -- you will end up like a lot of us saying --- "Been there, Done that & Going back"!!!!!!
Yes, we have reservations for our up coming trip!!
::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo ::MinnieMo ::MinnieMo

Originally posted by K, P & J's Grandma
\ One of our sons has been picked for the 'Indian Brave' twice, daughter-in-law for the 'can-can girl' & husband for the 'star' (lots of laughs with that one)!!! \

I can't even tell you how many times that we have gone and I NEVER get picked :( (tear) how fun for you guys... I have come to the conclusion that I am forever going to be a spectator :)

You MUST go! We've been numerous times and we never get tired of it. This past summer we went again, this time taking our 2 year for the first time. He had a blast! One of his favorite times of the whole trip. My 15 year old DS and his friend were also there. The older son had been many times before and this time he was trying to be "cool" around his friend and acted as if he could care less about going to this corny show. When the show was over both 15 year olds were laughing their heads off (especially at the blonde girl's laugh) and had declared it the best meal and time they had had all week!! This taught me a lesson. It will never be left out of our trip again. After you go, you'll be singing "Hoop-Dee-Doo" forever.

I'm sorry, I know I've never seeen it but I'm with your wife. I can't seen to spend $300.00 for one dinner show. I had it booked the last two trips and canceled both times. I loved to go to the diamond horseshoe revue and felt like I was getting a little bit of the hddr. I'm sorry they changed that show, now I might have to go. :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter