Help a DLPR newbie.

ctnurse

DIS Veteran
I need help to plan a trip to DLPR. We have been to WDW many times and know the parks and hotels very well. We have been living in Germany since May and have decided we need a Disney Fix.

We are headed to Geneva the 1st weekend in November and have decided to detour to DLPR for Halloween. I'm thinking arrive 30 October and depart the evening of 1 November.

I have a few questions. I looked at the AP page and see if we get Dream ones we can get 35% of a room. How does that work? How do we buy the APs? And do we all need APs. It will be myself, DH, DS 9 and DD who will be 4 months old.

What hotel are recommended on property. We don't want to spend a ton but are open to suggestions. We are also looking for dinner recommendations for at least one night. We like a nice sit down meal with wine.

Do they offer any baby sitting services. At WDW we used one that came right to our room and the sitter was fantastic.

Thanks again for any tips.

If you're only staying 2 nights and are not intending to visit frequently then AP's are probably not the best deal for you. The 35% room discount is off full price and you can usually get a better package discount. However the current deal is for a free half board meal plan on the UK site (not sure about others) If you wanted to benefit from the discounts in shops and restaurants then you could get an AP for 1 of you and book the room package for the remaining people in the party. You can buy your AP at Disney and use the Dream AP straight away.
I would recommend the Hotel New York or Sequoia Lodge for a Halloween visit, both are a short walk to the parks and have nice rooms. The HNY has hot items for breakfast and the rooms are slightly larger.
For restaurants in the evening I would recommend Walts on Main Street or The Blue Lagoon situated inside the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. :surfweb:

Thanks for all the info. We would use the AP throughout the year making several other trips. I'm not sure if we would benefit from the packages with the half board. Where can I find the room only rates? Anything I have priced is with a package.

Hello Newie :wave2:

You won't get room only prices online sadly, you would need to phone Disney. However, sometimes you will find sites such as Trivago, hotels.com, expedia etc will have rooms to sell. Try searching your dates on there.

If you are definitely going to be back, Ap's are the way to go. You might be cheaper pricing a package hotel with one adult, then buying APs for the rest of the family. That's what I plan to do for our next trip.

I'd agree about the restaurants. Walt's is my favourite, blue lagoon is lovely too. Inventions is my all time favourite but probably the most expensive.

I suppose it depends what you want from your hotel. The Sequoia lodge would be lovely and cosy in cold October but if you want absolute luxury, The Disneyland Hotel is the way to go! Or, go in-between with either Newport Bay or Hotel New york. The Cheyanne is the furthest away but still easily within walking distance. Your 9 year old would enjoy the theaming of Cheyanne very much

Thanks for all the info. We would use the AP throughout the year making several other trips. I'm not sure if we would benefit from the packages with the half board. Where can I find the room only rates? Anything I have priced is with a package.

I send you a MP with the room only rates. They are currently available until the end of November (you can only get the prices by having a look to prices grid inside the rooms, or by calling the booking staff).

For the Hotel, I would recommend the Sequoia Lodge for a 1st visit (just great at these seasons, and refurbished last year)... or, if it's not too expensive for you, Disneyland Hotel is just perfect.

Hello Newie :wave2:

You won't get room only prices online sadly, you would need to phone Disney. However, sometimes you will find sites such as Trivago, hotels.com, expedia etc will have rooms to sell. Try searching your dates on there.

If you are definitely going to be back, Ap's are the way to go. You might be cheaper pricing a package hotel with one adult, then buying APs for the rest of the family. That's what I plan to do for our next trip.

I'd agree about the restaurants. Walt's is my favourite, blue lagoon is lovely too. Inventions is my all time favourite but probably the most expensive.

I suppose it depends what you want from your hotel. The Sequoia lodge would be lovely and cosy in cold October but if you want absolute luxury, The Disneyland Hotel is the way to go! Or, go in-between with either Newport Bay or Hotel New york. The Cheyanne is the furthest away but still easily within walking distance. Your 9 year old would enjoy the theaming of Cheyanne very much

I send you a MP with the room only rates. They are currently available until the end of November (you can only get the prices by having a look to prices grid inside the rooms, or by calling the booking staff).

For the Hotel, I would recommend the Sequoia Lodge for a 1st visit (just great at these seasons, and refurbished last year)... or, if it's not too expensive for you, Disneyland Hotel is just perfect.

Thanks to both of you for the info. I will check it all out. Bill thanks for the link, I will check it out. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter