Help a girl out....

So I need a little help for our December 2018 trip. Yes yes, I know this is 398 days away, but I love the planning part of the vacation almost as much as the vacation itself and think that this board is full of people like myself :thanks:

Background:

Just my husband and me, early 30’s, love Disney and seeing all the details but also love rides! Booked this trip while on our last trip in October for the free dinning bounce back offer. Figured after going to Disney in 2016 and 2017 might as well go for the trifecta and make it in 2018 also. Going Wednesday December 12th- Sunday December 16th. Being near the holidays we could only take so much time off work, plus after a 10 day stay last time we felt that was a little too long, still trying to find our “sweet spot” for how long to stay.

What we WANT to do:

*Ohana

*Fantasmic

*BOG for lunch

*Jinko wine tasting

*Ride splash mountain till I puke! (still upset that it was closed this last visit…..)

What we HAVE to do:

*The new toy story land

*Tiffins

*See Happily Ever After (I want from inside the park, my husband’s not too sure about crowds so from the poly beach worked well in October)

*MVMHP

My tentative plan:

Wednesday 12/12:

Flight in 1030 am

Not sure if we should do AK or HS 1st- guess it will depend on fast passes and how awesome toy story land looks. We loved FOP, but also love TT and RrC.

Jiko wine tasting 3pm (if we are going to do this, so a little worried about the FP window in case of delays)

Sanaa dinner after this. We had an awesome time at the lounge this past trip just getting the wine flights and some apps, want to do this again and if we are already at AKL might as well just take the mini bus over and do this now.

Then here is where I have one conflict- there most likely will be time for MK and I love seeing MK on 1st day of a trip. If the schedule follows its normal pattern, there will also be EMH here this night. Should we

1) do the dessert party tonight instead of during MVMHP?

Or

2) watch from outside the park somewhere? If so should we do dinner somewhere else and try to time?

Thursday 12/13, Friday 12/14, Saturday 12/15:

Not sure when we should do MVMHP (I think Thursday would be less busy but Friday might fit better into the plans…) Not sure where to fit in fanstamic dinner package or Ohana. Would like to plan Tiffin’s lunch and AK FP if we don’t do that the first day and make that the MVMHP day so we have a planned nap time, I’m just not sure!! *This is where I really need some help!*

Sunday 12/16

Epcot or MK, unsure if truly any Epcot FP we need this trip….

BOG lunch- maybe 1-2-ish so that we can get back for….

Tragical express 5pm-ish, flight home 8 pm.

Monday 12/17- start planning next trip :love:

So what would you do with this list? We have park hoppers so that’s not a problem, and are 2 adults on this trip so we can handle a lot, but also want to build in some rest time so we don’t need a vacation from our vacation :scared:

Without knowing the park schedule and some other details that are not available heres a quick run at it.

Day 1. Go to AK, schedule all FP+ after 2PM (FoP, EE, and one of the shows) Have dinner at Tiffins.

Day 2. DHS w/ fantasmic dinner package

Day 3. MK for all the MK things you want to do.

Day 4. Epcot - Yes you'll need FP for this. Soarin, Test Track, or FEA as your tier 1 choice.

Day 5. I always like to end my trip at MK, and for this trip it seems like a good idea as well. Rope drop, FP+ for the AM, lunch at BOG, maybe one last ride then catch your flight.

Having a park hopper could help you with HEA on a day you would leave another park early and maybe it would work out where you would get EMH at MK so making the switch over would be worth it. Where are you staying or did I over look that? To really plan out all the details this far out may not work out to well as there are many unknowns.

Should we

1) do the dessert party tonight instead of during MVMHP?

Or

2) watch from outside the park somewhere? If so should we do dinner somewhere else and try to time?

I would do the dessert party on this night. The Garden view one is not very crowded from what I've heard (to appease your husband's wanting to avoid the crowds) and the view of the projections are not good from the beach at the poly.

Thursday 12/13, Friday 12/14, Saturday 12/15:

Not sure when we should do MVMHP (I think Thursday would be less busy but Friday might fit better into the plans…) Not sure where to fit in fanstamic dinner package or Ohana. Would like to plan Tiffin’s lunch and AK FP if we don’t do that the first day and make that the MVMHP day so we have a planned nap time, I’m just not sure!! *This is where I really need some help!*

I would do the party on Thursday and start your day off with a brunch at Ohana. Just take it easy that day entirely.

On Friday, do AK in the morning with Tiffins for lunch, and then go to HS that evening for Fantasmic! Honestly, the dining package for F! isn't really worth it. The seats are okay, but if you get to the theater early enough you can get good seats too. It's all dependent upon your scheduling.

Then go back to HS on Saturday morning to catch any of the rides that you didn't get to do the night before/any shows that you want to see.

Granted, this is what I would do, but I have a more laid back touring style.

Good luck planning everything!

Staying at Coronado, forgot to put that in there, oops! We were just there in October so no big plans to spend a lot of time there

Coronado? Plan on at least an 1 hour transport to and from any scheduled events from that way-point (sans AK region).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter