HELP!! After wedding Dining or Pontoon Boat

melissadanny2003

Earning My Ears
We were paying for I own wedding. We have priority seating at Narcoossee's after the wedding. I was planning on taking my guest there but my soon to be husband doesn't want to spend $600 or so just on the dinner. I was thinking about a Pontoon Boat but I don't know if that will be fun. I was even thinking about the Polynesian Luau. A lot of my guest were asking about the luau and it would be different. Anyone know how much that will run. Can someone recommend another restraint that maybe won't be quite as expensive. It's just that we already spend so much on everything. We kind of wanted to save our money for the actual trip. Want to have as much spending money on the trip as we can.

How many guests will you have?
I think there are other places that are very nice that are not quite as pricey as Narco... What about Spoodles at BW or Palio at the Swan?
The boat would be fun if you have a small number of guests..you can bring your own food/drink I believe.
I think that if your guests are interested in the Laua then go for it! Everyone would be sure to enjoy themselves!
Let us know what you decide!
Grover in Winnipeg

The Luau was a little pricey too. It runs 49.01 per adult and kids are $24.87 each. This includes tax and tip if I remember. Judging from the $600.00 figure at Narco's, I will assume about 10 people, so it should be about $500.00 (saving about $100.00). You might see if your wedding consultant (if it is a Disney(tm) wedding) can get you a discount. You might also look at California Grill for the firewiorks if available.

You might just call 407-WDW-DINE and ask them.

I hope I've helped,

:bounce:

My wedding consultant said there will be no fire works that night but she did tell me about O'Hanas at the Polynesian for $23.99 per adult. I just went ahead and booked that for 5:45 pm. It sounded pretty good.

I was thinking of going with Narcoosee's after my weddind in December, but now I think we are going with Artist's point, at wl.

You can speak with the manager about customizing the menu, for instance, leaving the really expensive things off.

We're going with a dinner which will be $35 pp. We will be having the cake brought to the restaurant, so that will be dessert. With ten of us, it will be around $450, that's including tax. I am thinking it will be nice, and most people say I won't feel funny wearing my dres there!

I just wanted to mention it, cause it can really save some money if you decide upon a menu before you go. Give your guests some choices, but get rid of the real pricy stuff!

AS far as the pontoon boat, I would think it'd be pretty boring on a night without fireworks, unless you've got a real lively group. You could check out a pontoon boat over at EPCOT, as they are usually doing Illuminations, if you really wanted to do the boat thing. For me, this is something I really want to do. My wedding is far off yet, but I will be very dissappointed if the MK is not having fireworks that night!

Best of luck to you! I'm sure you will have a wonderful wedding!

-Aurora

Aurora63, Great suggestion.

I agree about the Pontoon boats being boring, but they do add an element of privacy that you won't have in a big restaraunt. Since you will be there with 10 close friends/family members, there will definately be conversation wherever you go. Ohanas is a great restaraunt, there are things going on for the kids, and the food is good. It is not quite as formal as some other places, and it is more quiet than still other places. I especially like the name;). One more thing, Breakfast at the Kona Cafe..Tonga Toast- TO DIE FOR

I will, however, disagree with you about the illuminations cruise, I did that with DW and a group (actually through this board on the trip planning forum). There were several boats crammed together under a bridge. While we had a fair view of the center of the lake, you couldn't see the buildings light up. It was a "do once" kind of thing for me. I would would rather book a special table at the Royal Crown pub (I think that is the name). I felt the "cruise" just wasn't worth it for the fireworks value....JM(not so)HO...;)

:bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter