Help - Am i entitled to this free Dining???

lisaross

DIS Veteran
I already have reservatins for the CBR August 27th - Sept. 4th.

I had a friend who works for the Disney store make me this reservation so i could get his discount - i also already orderd the tickets to the parks - through Disney

I have a disney visa, but none of this is booked on it - what can i do? Can i call and just make a new reservation?

lisa

I would call Disney right away and see how you can cancel the other ressie, or call your friend and see what you need to do to cancel. If they cannot do anything until Monday, I would book a new ressie and pay just the deposit. That way you can get the limited availability before it's public release and can cancel if you need to later. Just what I would do.

I take it you've already weighed the discounts both ways and determined that the free dining is a better deal for you?

Assuming that's the case, then I'd call right away and see if you can cancel that ressie without penalty. If so, just book the free dining. If not, you'll have to deduct any penalties you incur from the savings on the free dining plan and evaluate the best way to go. You will most likely not be able to get free dining and your other discount.

Free dining is never the best option for us as we have CM connections, too, and get their discount. But if could be the best option for you depending upon the discount you got.

You'll need to run the figures each way and then decide which is cheaper. For us, it's cheaper to pay out of pocket for meals then pay more for rooms and tickets.

lisaross said:
I already have reservatins for the CBR August 27th - Sept. 4th.

I had a friend who works for the Disney store make me this reservation so i could get his discount - i also already orderd the tickets to the parks - through Disney

I have a disney visa, but none of this is booked on it - what can i do? Can i call and just make a new reservation?

lisa

You may need to check with your friend...if they work for The Disney Store (as in a mall location actually called The Disney Store) he no longer gets a discount at WDW. Disney Store is no longer owned by The Walt Disney Company as of Nov 2004 and with that we lost all discount rights to theme park resorts and merchandise. Hopefully he either works for a WORLD of Disney Store (New York and Las Vegas), or the WDC.

If thats the case we were never allowed to combine specials like that as Cast Members before, so I doubt they can now.

Just a little heads up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter