Help,any information on the titanic,exhibit

SPENCER AA

Earning My Ears
We will be in orlando november 26 to december 2,2010. We would like to see the exhibit the friday evening of november 26. Would anyone know anything about the titanic exhibit, hours open, dates just anything. Thanks a lot, spencer

it was ok, but it was way over priced for how much time spent in there. Some areas were moving but i won't go back again.

didnt this move to gatlinburg?

looks really interesting, might take a look myself if its still there,

I agree it should have been a bit cheaper. It did seem high for the amount of time it took.
However my crew a 13 year old, and 2 nine year olds enjoyed it and talked about it for many monthes after our trip.
It is not something you do more than once, but worth it to do! We did the gaylord palms ICE show and this in the same day. And we had a great day. the kids preferred this to ICE.

make sure you take the time to read the log books and all the little written communication. We really found that intertesting and they earned alot as well, about the "actual" circumstances that evening.

It's been several years since I went with my three teenage daughters, but we all really liked it. I am somewhat of a Titanic junkie, but we enjoyed it. Have fun.

The link provided by an earlier poster will give you all the information you need. This is on I-drive.

It's an excellent attraction / very well done. We've been to it twice. Next trip we're thinking about doing the new dinner theatre experience that they have there. They have a retirement party for Captain Smith and relive the sinking. Each table has at least actor sitting with you during dinner. Reviews I've seen have been very good. Last March they were just doing this on Saturdays.

The Gatlinburg one is a different museum (a sister museum to the museum in Branson). The Orlando one is owned by a different company. There is also the Titanic artifact exhibit that has traveled to various museums mostly in the US and Europe and a version of that with the piece of the hull in Las Vegas (five year contract there). These are all quite similar, so unless you are a huge Titanic enthusiast, I would just recommend doing one of these. I would highly recommend doing one, though.

What I really loved about the Orlando one that the other ones don't have is a personal tour guide, an actor in costume and accent that takes you through on a guided tour (a very nice touch). Others are self guided with the option to rent a head set. Most people even those who are not particularly interested in Titanic history I believe would find going to one of these very enjoyable, and the Orlando one is an outstanding pick.

FYI: Our recent Titanic touring and plans for later this year and 2012 -- Anything worth doing is worth doing to excess -- LOL

My son is a big Titanic enthusiast, so I've been to the one in Branson twice, the one in Orlando twice, the traveling artifact exhibit once (Indianapolis), and the more permanent artifact exhibit at the Luxor in Las Vegas (twice) -- at the beginning and at the end of a Utah National Park trip. We've also been to the Titanic memorial in D.C. and the Titanic pier in NYC that has the old White Star sign. In December on our way to Colorado for a ski trip, we'll see the Molly Brown house in Denver. We'll be in Dearborn, MI at the Henry Ford next June to visit a cousin of mine and to see the Henry Ford and Greenfield Village (and what do you know -- the traveling Titanic artifact exhibit will be at the Henry Ford during our stay, so we'll see that again to my son's delight). And in August we're taking a cruise out of NYC to Canada, and one of our ports is Halifax, NS where we'll see the Titanic cemetary (those recovered from the ocean initially are buried there) and the Maritime museum in Halifax that has a whole floor dedicated to the Titanic. // We're also registering regularly in a free trip drawing sponsored by the Branson/Pigeon Forge museums to win a trip to Ireland and participate in some of the 100th anniversary of the sinking activities/events. It's highly unlikely we'd win that trip, but I've figured out how I'd pay the taxes just in case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter