~HELP~ Between hotels??

disneylandette

Mouseketeer
Ok got our first and second steps done to be on our way to Disneyland and getting excited!!!
I need help deciding between some hotels. If I could get your opinion pros & Cons on these hotels please. My concerns and wants CLEAN, walk to Disneyland, & the food there at the hotel.

~Carousel Inn
~Park Vue Inn
~Ramada Main Gate
~Candy Cane Inn

:confused3

OK, I'm probably going to make your decision more difficult - sorry about that. :confused3 I haven't stayed at any of the hotels you listed, but 2 weeks ago I stayed at the Anaheim Plaza Hotel. It is on Harbor Blvd at Disney Drive (or Way), 1 block south of the main entrance. Easy walk - even at midnight when we (wife and 2 kids) were exhausted! The hotel was clean and our room with 2 queen beds was roomy. All rooms have a fridge and some a microwave. The bath has two sinks which made getting ready easier. We didn't eat at the hotel restaurant. Instead we brought poptarts for breakfast. All other meals were in the parks. The fridge was nice for milk and juice. The pool is Olympic sized. The kids had a great time in such a huge pool. The parking fee was $4/day, much cheaper than most hotels in that area. Our AAA rate was about $85/night Sunday-Thursday. In general, the hotel isn't super fancy, but also no where close to being a dive. I would definitely stay there again.

Im staying at the desert Palms which is near the candy cane inn. Havent been there myself yet but have heard good things on here about it and it has a free hot buffet breakfast.

On your list I have only stayed at the Candy Cane Inn and was very pleased. The rooms are very roomy and very clean. They do both a morning clean and a turn down service at night.

They have a continental breakfast made of cereals, bagels, toast, stuff like that. The room to eat it in isn't very roomy especially when they are really booked but you can always take it back to your room as their rooms have tables in them. The pool is also nice.

The Candy Cane Inn is a little bit of a walk (about 8-10 minutes) but not un do-able (did I just make up a word?) They also have a free shuttle that I think runs every 10-15 minutes.

So I recommend Candy Cane Inn.

If you want other recommendations:
Howard Johnson's, about the same walk as candy Cane but no shuttle and no breakfast but Mimi's is right next door and has awesome deals. The kids water park sealed the deal for me on this last trip and my son loved it. Rooms were nice and clean too.

Tropicana, right across the street, which is the great location. The rooms are clean but a bit on the small side for me. They advertise a breakfast but get there early or there is nothing left, not that there is much to start with but the location really can't be beat. People say well there's also Captain Kids Buffet right next door but we ate there once and will NEVER return. Dirty, food was nasty, and the buffet was 90% desert and 10% actual dinner food (which was cold).

Im staying at the desert Palms which is near the candy cane inn. Havent been there myself yet but have heard good things on here about it and it has a free hot buffet breakfast.

Same here...decided to stay at Desert Palms in July! Mainly due to the free hot breakfast! :goodvibes. My travel agent had good things to say about them from other clients.

I have stayed at the Ramada and the Park Vue. The Ramada was so long ago, but I don't remember being impressed.
I like the Park Vue. You just can't get any closer. They also have a nice hot breakfast with lots of choices and a light supper in the evening. :tink:

Ok got our first and second steps done to be on our way to Disneyland and getting excited!!!
I need help deciding between some hotels. If I could get your opinion pros & Cons on these hotels please. My concerns and wants CLEAN, walk to Disneyland, & the food there at the hotel.

~Carousel Inn
~Park Vue Inn
~Ramada Main Gate
~Candy Cane Inn

:confused3

Hi, my family of 5 went to Disneyland this March. We stayed at the Park Vue Inn. It is literally across the street. You cross the street and walk up to the main gate. The breakfast is so nice. Make your own waffles, cereal, juice, buscuits, sausage, yogurt, fruit, everything. Go early in the morning to beat the crowds. Ask for top floor it is quieter. Only 2 floors, no elevator. They also give a free light dinner at night. It is not fancy but my kids liked it and we didn't have to buy dinner. It was soup salad and sandwich with jello and pudding one night and nachos and tacos another night. Also in the lobby are free drinks and fruit and cookies all day and night also free water. We saved a ton of money here. The very best customer service, very clean. The pool is warm and so is the jacuzzi. We stayed in a double queen one time and the two queen suite another. It is closer than the candy cane and ramada and the carousel. As a second choice I would go with candy cane they are super clean too, rooms are a bit fancier, but not as much free stuff. Also parkvue has free parking and free wifi, they will let you leave your car there and go into the park if your room isn't ready yet if you get there too early. Also, the day we checked out, they let us leave our car there all day no charge. Super nice people and coin op laundry, disney store with cheap stuff. I love that place, can you tell!

Hi, my family of 5 went to Disneyland this March. We stayed at the Park Vue Inn. It is literally across the street. You cross the street and walk up to the main gate. The breakfast is so nice. Make your own waffles, cereal, juice, buscuits, sausage, yogurt, fruit, everything. Go early in the morning to beat the crowds. Ask for top floor it is quieter. Only 2 floors, no elevator. They also give a free light dinner at night. It is not fancy but my kids liked it and we didn't have to buy dinner. It was soup salad and sandwich with jello and pudding one night and nachos and tacos another night. Also in the lobby are free drinks and fruit and cookies all day and night also free water. We saved a ton of money here. The very best customer service, very clean. The pool is warm and so is the jacuzzi. We stayed in a double queen one time and the two queen suite another. It is closer than the candy cane and ramada and the carousel. As a second choice I would go with candy cane they are super clean too, rooms are a bit fancier, but not as much free stuff. Also parkvue has free parking and free wifi, they will let you leave your car there and go into the park if your room isn't ready yet if you get there too early. Also, the day we checked out, they let us leave our car there all day no charge. Super nice people and coin op laundry, disney store with cheap stuff. I love that place, can you tell!

Is the park vue clean? Is is a best western property?

We actually really like staying at Tropicana Inn. It is clean, and pretty quiet. I really love how close the hotel is to the main gates. I have not stayed at a lot of other places. We have stayed at Best Western Park Place once years ago. It was okay. We stayed at Carousel Inn last year, it was also ok.
Granted, we are not there for the room. But we do take a break in the middle of the day. We have not tried HoJo (yet). I like the hotel to be as close to the park as I can.

Next month we will be staying at Tropicana and we are trying the DLH on Oct. :banana:

Have any of you stayed at the super 8 on 915 disneyland drive? the reviews are awesome and the rate is almost half what the hotels by the main gate charge?! I know I will need to walk the back way to the parking lot shuttles but, I figure for half the cost?! why not? cleanliness is my only deal breaker here!

Thanks for all the feedback! Now I am also looking into Desert Palms Hotel??? This is so hard to narrow it down! I guess I am a little gun shy as I had a bad experience with staying in a motel the night before a cruise and been very nervous after that experience. :confused:

We stayed at the Best Western Park Place Inn on our last trip. It was clean, and right across the street. The breakfast was nothing to write home about, but it sounded like they had plans to add more items. It was clean, the minisuite we stayed in was roomy. Beds were fine. And the location honestly can't be beat. If you won't have a car on your trip, they often have a no-car discount.

There are several restaurants (Mimi's, Millie's, McDonalds) within easy walking distance, and they do have a free continental breakfast upstairs at Captain Kidd's (which is NOT the same as the restaurant downstairs).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter