• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

help! boardwalk pool

dalidaz

Earning My Ears
Hi,
We are planning on splitting or two week stay as so. One week and AK and following week at boardwalk (if available . 7 month mark is tmrw woot)

I was reading and looking at the boardwalk pics and saw that CLOWN at the pool. He is big... lol.. I showed my 5 yr old pics of him asking her is he cute or scary etc because last thing I need is for her and my 2yr old to be traumatized by him. She said (reluctantly) he is not scary mommy....

My questions are:
1- is there another pool there ? That is the only one i saw (and not just a kiddie pool)
2- if get a regular view (hoping for boardwalk view but if not available) do u see him from rooms?
3-what have been ur experience?

Thanks in advance loveee these boards so helpful since we are brand new owners

Hi,
We are planning on splitting or two week stay as so. One week and AK and following week at boardwalk (if available . 7 month mark is tmrw woot)

I was reading and looking at the boardwalk pics and saw that CLOWN at the pool. He is big... lol.. I showed my 5 yr old pics of him asking her is he cute or scary etc because last thing I need is for her and my 2yr old to be traumatized by him. She said (reluctantly) he is not scary mommy....

My questions are:
1- is there another pool there ? That is the only one i saw (and not just a kiddie pool)
2- if get a regular view (hoping for boardwalk view but if not available) do u see him from rooms?

Yes, there is a second "quiet pool" at BWV near the Community Hall.

BWVRoomViews.jpg

You can see it on the bottom to the resort. You can request a quiet pool view or garden view. I think most people want to be near the Scary Clown pool since it's close to the lobby.

The only rooms from which that clown can be seen are ones in the Luna Park pool area. The quiet pool is in the quiet pool area which you can request if you have pool/garden view. Boardwalk and standard view do not face pools.

There are some who have been afraid of the clown at the pool but looking at a picture that shows mainly only the clown may not tell you whether there will be an adverse reaction when you are instead looking at it at a distance while in the pool area.

I'm strongly clown-o-phobic.

But the clown slide at Boardwalk isn't scary to me at all. My son and cousin were older, but another cousin was little when we swam there, and she didn't have a single problem with the clown.

It's FAR scarier in pictures than it is in real life. It looks huge and looming and freaky. But in the context of being there and seeing "him" in real life, it's nothing like that, in my opinion. And as a clown-o-phobic person (I know there's a real word for it but I don't want to risk google images by looking it up) who has never even been NEAR a circus because of the fear of seeing clowns, I think my opinion isn't irrelevant.

If the 5 year old was able to say he's not scary, rather than freaking out, I would honestly trust that. Because as a fearful 5 year old once myself, I wouldn't have been able to LOOK at a picture of a clown I found scary, let alone please my mom and tell her it was OK. So I would believe her personally.

Lastly, feel sorry for the poor clown! The bottom of the slide is his TONGUE! Poor thing, having to endure people sliding down his tongue all day long. Yuck ew bleah. :)

OP personally I think the clown looks scarier in photos than in person.... the kids seem to love being the 'clown's puke' as I was told since you slide out of his mouth LOL

One suggestion is definitely if you can't get the Boardwalk View villa -- book the garden/pool and waitlist. We've done this a few times and knock on wood always got our waitlist.

Thanks everyone and lol for the tongue and puke comment.

He seems ok to me but many ppl complained about him.

I'm just glad to know there is another pool if my kids do end up being affraid.

So excited... 7 months and a day to gooooooooooo. Yay

The kids love, love that slide in the Luna pool. It's one of the best in the DVC resorts. The clown will quickly become non existent because the slide is so cool. Plus.... (no flames please) the adults would love to keep the community pool as a quiet pool. ;)

My kids always loved that slide too. Still do. I think if you avoid putting ideas in their heads, or put postive thought in their heads ( the funny clown spits you out), they will be fine.

Best slide on property. Hands down. Clown will be a non factor.

Plus, your kids will see other little ones having a great time and not scared at all! That will have a much greater impression on them. I think if I had shown my toddlers a picture of something and then asked them if it scared them, they probably would have thought in their heads "Yikes!! Should I be afraid?!." However, if I had shown them the same picture while laughing and said "Look at this silly clown!", then I would have gotten a totally different reaction.

Thanks all.
I did tell her that's a silly clown isn't he at the end. His hair is so crazy and she replied yeab mommy just like your hair In the morning loool. So that has been the joke ever since .

Hi,

My questions are:

We love the BWV and the pool. I think if your 5 yo has given her go-ahead, you should be fine. The slide is lots of fun, and when you're heading DOWN the slide, you don't see too much "clown".

In addition to the clown slide, the feature pool has an elephant that "spits" on you. My 1 yo thought that was the funniest, most wonderful thing about the pool. The kiddie pool is in the same area as the Luna Park Pool.

To answer your questions:

1) Yes, there is a quiet pool by the villas. It is the bottom most red inlet in the picture that robinb posted. There is also a quiet pool on the Inn side that is supposed to be lovely. We've never trekked over there though.

2) If you book a Boardwalk view or a standard view, you won't see a pool. If you get the pool/garden view you COULD see a pool, but it will not necessarily be the Luna Park Pool. If that is the view you get, certainly make the request for quiet pool view. I wouldn't say "NOT Luna Park" because I feel like the "not" gets lost somewhere along the way. I've heard too many people get what they didn't want, and I think it comes from losing that word. :thumbsup2 If you don't get what you requested, and you end up looking at the Luna Park Pool, you may get lucky. Many of those trees have grown so much that you may not see the clown. You also may be on the backside of the clown as well.

3) We only had this view once, and we were at the end of the hall facing the canal and the Swolphin.

We love the BWV. I hope you were able to get what you wanted at the 7-month mark!

Thanks Disney Princess.
We will be staying at the bwv on our second week so I have to change my reservations this coming tuesday. I looked this week to see what would be available if i wanted to book our first week and there was only pool/garden or standard view. I'm ok with the pool view. I fell in love with bw this year. It was my first time visiting the bw but it had made over 15 Times I went to wdw.
No matter what view we get we are afterall at DISNEY lol.
But still keeping my fingers crossed;-)
Oh and I saw few pics of that elephant. My youngest will love that...
Can't waittttt

Just so you know, the Boardwalk slide is a BIG slide - there is no "kiddie" slide. When my kids were really little - they liked the kiddie slide at SAB or the smaller slides at WL or AKL - the BWV slide was simply too big for them (I'm talking pre-school age). And from years of watching kids at BWV, that is really the issue with that slide - I've never noticed a child who is freaked out looking at the clown - I've notice plenty who won't ride the slide though because its too big.

If your kids are daredevils - it won't be an issue. But don't be surprised if your little ones don't take the slide.

The BWV main pool is also very deep - there is no zero entry and it was years before my kids could touch bottom - we spent several years bobbing around in life jackets - which are provided.

Yeah my oldest might not do the slide. I know she Will be afraid. . Or maybe not. I won't force her. My youngest is too young.
We are planning on pool hoping twice or three times during our trip so we can check out the other hotels for our next trip.
Thanks for the heads up on the depth. My eldest swims great but not the young one so that's another thing to consider since there isn't a zero entry
Thanks again everyone :)

As big as SAB, I'm actually not a fan of this place....As a dad of 2 very good swimmers, it still makes me uneasy to just let them do their own thing...If you want to just sit back on a lounge chair and watch your children from the side, then SAB is definitely NOT the place to do it...

This place is just waay too big with a bunch of separated areas...Not to mention the swiftness that the lazy river has, and also the 8 ft depth in this area...

Also the long slide, is situated that you actually have to leave the grounds out the gate then up the stairwell, & then proceed back into the pool....Don't know who thought up this but, they should've rethought it IMHO:confused3.

Grounds and stuff are very nice and you'll always find an area that is free to swim w/out many people, but it's just the vast size of it that is a lil scary...

Unlike BWV / clown pool which you can get a chair and see the whole are that they are swimming/ playing in..

My family has always enjoyed the BWV Luna pool. I like the layout and the slide is lots of fun. Even when they were younger, my kids never mentioned the clown being an issue. It's a great pool!

Yeah my oldest might not do the slide. I know she Will be afraid. . Or maybe not. I won't force her. My youngest is too young.
We are planning on pool hoping twice or three times during our trip so we can check out the other hotels for our next trip.
Thanks for the heads up on the depth. My eldest swims great but not the young one so that's another thing to consider since there isn't a zero entry
Thanks again everyone :)

The SSR pool looks very nice from a "has kiddie slides and zero entry" perspective. I think its probably the best of the hoppable pools from that perspective.

The VWL and AKL slide dump out into "deepish" water - but both are shallower and less intense slides than BWV - but you can't hop to AKL and VWL has no zero entry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter