HELP! Can someone walk me through the fee DDP if doing a split stay?

FINFAN

Mom to Tinkbell
Last time we were at WDW there was no dining plan, let alone free. We have a split stay in the works, 4 nights POP 8/11-15...but then ORIG were going to stay at the Dolphin, but had slim hopes of POLY for an Anniv splurge. So check in there would be 8/15-21. I am not sure what works best for us $$$ wise yet, but since the DDP code kicks in 8/13, it is for 2 nights of our POP stay, and then for the Poly 5 night stay. We would be paying for rack rate over AAA, and orig. had POP fpr free thru FF miles. :crazy: Like I said, this may not work out to be cheaper for us, but if anyone can cut to the chase for me...basically looking at rack rate, then minus 8 of the 10 days of food cost we were planning, right?
Right now, with POP free and the Dolphin at 129...our total resort is 720 incl taxes...but then 1100 overall food budget, = 1820. Our budget would go up simply from Dolphin to Poly...I think 350 is rack....plus tax is about 1950 right there...plus the headache of 2 sets of tix? We do need to buy some, we currently have 4 "plusses" left each..in our case 4 water park days, was planning on buying 8 day park hoppers, about 950. AAARRRGGGGG! I am so confused...and really, do you eat all that food? Do you find yourself ordering more to get your $$$ worth? The thought of stuffing ourselves in the heat of August...eeewww, but DH does like to try new rest. and the kids love Sci-Fi/ character meal...is it confusing to keep track of the point thingies?

I need DDP Guru help A.S.A.P.!

tia,

Pam

i'll admit, i skimmed your post (tired eyes!) but i think i understand your conundrum...

you cannot have free dining over a split stay unless you purchase tickets with each "leg" of the trip which then makes the ticket price go up per day 'cause instead of a longer length ticket you'll be buying two shorter length tickets (and 2 3-day tix is significantly more than 1 6-day tix)

you also cannot have free dining at the swan/dolphin...

now, what i would suggest, is to do the first two nights free at pop, and use only your leftover pluses... check into the poly on the 3rd day w/the free dining and get tix to go with that stay... you'd have to do the math, but it will probably come out very close whether you actually "save" money, but you'll get more for the same money by staying at the poly...

good luck!

So, can I check into POP on the pkg, increase our nights ot 5, get hopper tix for longer than the stay, sya 8 nights...then check into the Poly for the remaining 5 nights, also get DDP and add only 1 park day?

Pam

yes, you certainly can!! [let me recap: 5 nights at pop w/free ddp, and 8 day tickets; followed by 5 nights at poly w/free ddp and one day base ticket/no hopper -- which means 9 days of tickets, but 10 nights of combined stay, but you have leftover "pluses" for that extra day] but you may not be able to use your FF miles to get the hotel at pop paid for... w/a package that includes free dining, i believe you need to pay "rack rate."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter