• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help choosing a DVC resort

MickeynMinnie

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone!! I'm starting to plan our trip to WDW for the spring :cheer2: and my boyfriends parents are DVC members and book our rooms for us. We have stayed at Saratoga Springs and OKW previously and loved them both but looking to stay somewhere different this time. Any suggestions??? It's just the 2 of us so we just need a studio. Any suggestions on where to stay and any info on resorts is welcome!!! Thanks in Advance!! :)

Not sure what you mean by spring but be aware that it is likely important that you do the reservation now if you want anything other than SSR, OKW and possibly AKV. Owners at a DVC resort can book 11 months out from date of arrival at that particular resort. Then, at 7 months out, it is open season as anyone from any DVC resort can book any other DVC resort. The result is that anything left at 7 months out at near park resorts can often disappear quickly once that 7 month window opens. Thus, if you want BWV, BCV, BLT, VGF, or VWL,you should not wait to make your choice and book. Any of them are fine. Ideal for a couple would be BWV, which has it owns nightlife.

We actually just decided to go yesterday so today was our first day to start everything. We know all about the DVC reservations. AKV is kinda where we wanted to stay, but was just looking for any info on any other dvc resorts. I know that we might not get anything other than what we have stayed in but you can hope for the best! I'll stay anywhere as long as im going to to Disney. lol we don't have specific dates yet, because they are going to call tomorrow to see what is available anyhwere from March- May. We are open for anything!! :)
While we are there we like to relax and just have fun. We go to the parks, hang at the pool as well as go out for some nice dinners. i'm always looking for new stuff to do while we are down there!!

Do your boyfriends parents have internet access? If so, they can access the DVC member site and search for available rooms on-line, as well as book the room, without having to call member services. Having on-line access to search resorts by various dates and room size is fantastic! They just need to access www.dvcmember.com to check it out!

Staying at Boardwalk is great. Epcot is a 5 minute walk for evening strolling, there's Jellyrolls Piano Bar, Atlantic Dance Hall, ESPN restaurant, and plenty of snack places, plus performers and games on the Boardwalk.
:)

AKV is a great resort for an adult trip. You should definitely get a savanna view room if you stay at AKV. Some people like the studios at Jambo better than the ones at Kidani, but personally, we like Kidani and it's pool area better than Jambo. Plus, the park buses stop at Kidani first, so they are generally empty upon arrival. Additionally, AKV has three very nice restaurants. We have not yet tried Jiko, but Sanaa and Boma are both excellent, if you like interesting Asian/African flavors.

If you are into the offering of the Epcot F&G, then BWV or BCV may be a good choice. We love BWV, particularly if you can get a Boardwalk view room. The Boardwalk area is great for dining options, which includes the restaurants in the Boardwalk area, BC/YC, Swan/Dolphin, and even Epcot.

Late April and early May tend to have pretty good availability. I would think you could easily get AKV, and probably even get something at BWV or BLT. Epcot F&G is very nice if you have never been there for it. They have a fun concert series and they are now putting out some if the F&W kiosks for additional food options.

Wow! Thanks for all the great info! Im excited to see what we are able to book! They do have internet access but they will only book on the phone. So i wil have to leave it up to them. Ive been researching these hotels today and have made my lists of requests :) we will see what we can get. I would love a savannah view at akv, bit after doing some reading the board walk villas look nice too! I would love to be able to walk to Epcot!! I also want that jetted tub so might have to upgrade, becaise from what im reading the studios dont have that. Other times we have gone we have went with others and had the 2 bedrooms and had the jetted tubs. So now i wait. Im a planner and when i go with my family we book rooms at tje value resortsso its hard to wait and rely on others . Keep the great advice coming!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter