Help convincing for adults only trip

Disney102015

Mouseketeer
My husband and I have 3 small children. We have the opportunity to get away for 3 nights just the 2 of us which we are very excited about! I’d love to go to Disney just us - I did an adults only trip with my sister a few months ago and had the most amazing time.
Help me out here, Disboards! He’s a little hesitant to go without the kids. (We bring them at least once a year so I don’t feel so bad.) What adult-specific Disney fun can I entice him with? So far I’ve got massages, F&W, visiting the new Narcoosee’s and finally trying Topolino’s for dinner!

Epcot and Galaxy's Edge are good for adults, depending on his interests. Animal Kingdom can be to some extent. Look into some of the tours as well. There may be something there that would be of interest. I tend to go solo as an adult male and it is definitely not just for kids. There is this tendency for people to believe Disney is kids only because, up until recently, that is how most of the marketing was. Travel agents, however, get taught to send solos, families, multi-generational, couples, and groups. It truly is for everyone.

Potable elbow exercise? (adult beverages) There's Wine Bar George in DS to try that's getting rave reviews.

You might enjoy something out of the usual for a meal. QS is simpler, of course, but perhaps combine that with ADRs for a progressive dinner at the monorail resorts--QS appetizer at the Poly, ADR entree at GF, dessert at the CR and finish over at WL's Geyser Point in time to have a drink while watching MK fireworks. Or whatever start-to-finish order suits you two.

Easy enough to do something similar at the Epcot resorts lagoon, maybe including the Swolphins or Skyway to Riviera.

If he has been already then he knows what there is to do. Does he not like going there? Where would he want to go instead? My husband is not the biggest fan of the parks so I usually go without him but he will go with me every once in a while because he knows that I love it, and he loves me. If your husband is really dead set against it, I would talk about going somewhere else that both of you can enjoy.

You might enjoy something out of the usual for a meal. QS is simpler, of course, but perhaps combine that with ADRs for a progressive dinner at the monorail resorts--QS appetizer at the Poly, ADR entree at GF, dessert at the CR and finish over at WL's Geyser Point in time to have a drink while watching MK fireworks. Or whatever start-to-finish order suits you two.
This sounds really fun!! Thanks!
If he has been already then he knows what there is to do. Does he not like going there? Where would he want to go instead? My husband is not the biggest fan of the parks so I usually go without him but he will go with me every once in a while because he knows that I love it, and he loves me. If your husband is really dead set against it, I would talk about going somewhere else that both of you can enjoy.

Oh yeah he loves going! We are DVC members 😀 I’d never force him if he didn’t want to go. He just can’t picture what a Disney trip looks like without rope dropping, strollers, character meals, princesses, etc.! It’d be a lot different for sure.

This sounds really fun!! Thanks!

Oh yeah he loves going! We are DVC members 😀 I’d never force him if he didn’t want to go. He just can’t picture what a Disney trip looks like without rope dropping, strollers, character meals, princesses, etc.! It’d be a lot different for sure.
Tell him it is the most wonderful trip imaginable without the kids. LOL Being free of all of what you mentioned is a huge incentive.

My wife and I are going by ourselves for the first time since 1996 in early June. Our daughter is getting married a few days before, and we are going while she is on her honeymoon. We're guessing it may be our only opportunity to ever go by ourselves again. haha. It is kind of a post-retirement celebration trip since we are both retiring at the end of April.

We still love the attractions, we'll still rope drop to avoid the heat, but we'll take more time to kind of "relax" and not be in a constant hurry like we are with the family. We're trying out some new restaurants for us, also, like Steakhouse 71 and Jock Lindsay's. We are both really looking forward to it!

Do it! My wife and I took a trip in December of 2021 just the two of us. We do our family trip all the time but this one was different. We did more of the adult things to do. Skipping Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom we visited Epcot and Hollywood Studios. Star Wars and Even Toy Story can be fun for the two of you. We booked fancier meals, The Brown Derby and Wine Bar George. We took our time around Epcot, walking through each store and country. Grabbing a drink, sampling the food and throwing in a ride here and there. We hit up the board walk after Hollywood Studios closed. I recommend the piano bar. We did things that we would never do or get to do with our kids. The best part of the trip was that we got to talk for what seemed like the first time in 8 years. Not about the kids and I'm not really sure what we talked about but I remember how much fun we had. It was a trip were for the first time we weren't fighting two little people for attention. It was a trip were I fell back in love with my wife. I remembered why I fell for her in the first place. Do the trip!

My husband and I have exclusively been to WDW without children because we don't have any yet, and I've also done several solo trips. Being able to eat wherever/whenever you want, get to the parks at a normal hour, not have to watch out for other members of your party, etc. is really gamechanging. Also, it's less painful to pay for G+ or ILL for two people than multiples of that (which we still do sparingly, anyway). We do all sorts of rides from Peoplemover to Guardians and stop for lots of cocktails/snacks. He puts up with me when I want to meet characters and serves as an extra photographer. We don't do character meals because he isn't a fan (plus the food is pretty mediocre). You've gotten some great recs for La Cava and some signatures, but we also like Skipper Canteen and Steakhouse 71 for food quality. Don't skip out on an hour or two relaxing in the lounges like Enchanted Rose and Nomad, and absolutely go to Jellyrolls on the Boardwalk. And the in-park shows! They are a great way to take a break even as an adult. One final plug for the holiday parties without kids -- we did the Halloween party and had a blast! Oh, and my husband is not even a big Disney fan 😂

We're expecting our first child this summer, but I'm already planning on bringing my mom with for our first trip with babe because I can't imagine NOT having some adults-only time in the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter