Help Deciding Which Resort

brios86

DIS Veteran
I am the most indecisive person ever. We leave for Universal in 12 days. At the moment we have Drury Inn booked for 5 nights and Portofino for our last night. I am strongly considering changing to Cabana Bay for all 6 nights. The main reason is that I'm worried that the kids(11 and 5) will not want to deal with the heat and crowds at the parks for a whole day. I am picturing our day starting at early entry and ending around 1-2pm and then hanging out at the pool for the rest of the day. I know Drury Inn would be a boring place to be if this is how our trip ends up being.

We will be there late June 7th until the 13th and will have 3 park tickets that we will upgrade to annual passes. This was a completely last minute trip that we booked about 2 weeks ago and our first real trip to Universal. We were last there about 7 years ago while they were still building the first Harry Potter section.

So tell me, Cabana Bay(6 nights) or Drury Inn(5 nights)/Portofino(1 night)

Last edited:
With AP discount it looks like pricing will be close between Cabana Bay and Drury. So I would do Cabana Bay for the early entry and from what I have seen a great pool area.

If it were me, I would do 5 nights Cabana Bay, 1 night at Portifino/Hard Rock--this would give you 2 days of express passes.

Also you can pool hop at Universal, so you can go to any of the resorts pools if you stay there--with your schedule above that may work out great.

On site at Universal is so nice because everything is so close.

I agree with disneyavonohio...

Being onsite is great if you plan on leaving mid-day for a break...it is also a lot easier to pop back over to Citywalk for dinner/people-watching in the evening as well as even popping into the parks for a bit (when it is cooler!) if you are feeling up to it.

Also - pool-hopping is great! The pools at CB are large and there is a lazy river and a slide so you might be fine but there is a cute kids play area at RPR and a great slide and cool atmosphere at HRH. Have never been to PBR, so cannot comment on that one.

Agree with the general trend ... on site is key for those with kiddos who need a mid day break.

Or people like me who need a mid day break :0)

Agree with the general trend ... on site is key for those with kiddos who need a mid day break.

Or people like me who need a mid day break :0)

I live for mid-day breaks.. I will always stay on site for just that reason, whether it's Disney or UO.

Yay! I'm getting so excited for this trip. We have been hardcore Disney fans for so long. Disney is so intense but awesome. Universal seems more relaxed but still great. I feel like I might not need a vacation from my vacation when we go home

We love Disney, but Universal really does feel like more of a vacation. Much less stressful. Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter